Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: A-Force, #1

Marguerite Bennett, G. Willow Wilson and Jorge Molina's "A-Force" #1 manages to work as both a "Secret Wars" tie-in and a book for those avoiding the crossover event as readers enter the female-dominated paradise of Arcadia.

Full review here.

BANNED

Second positive review on this book today.

Third actually.

I'M GONNA POP I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Not saying the book is good or bad, as I haven't read it, but the review starts off by giving the book a paragraph and a half of praise for a recap page? That's in every Marvel comic. Kind of lost me after that.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not saying the book is good or bad, as I haven't read it, but the review starts off by giving the book a paragraph and a half of praise for a recap page? That's in every Marvel comic. Kind of lost me after that.
    It's almost like this is a tie-in to a massive event that may be confusing for anyone who only picks up this title.

If they were praising the recap page of issue 2 or beyond I'd agree with you, but they're not.

This book will be good as long as its not too women power preach heavy.

Thats what happened to Gail Simone's Batgirl and it took away the fun.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

I don't know why but every book that tries something "Different" tends to get a 4.5 to 5 stars review of praising how awesome everything is and blah blah, that's how I picked up the batgirl relaunch and it was good but it wasn't THAT good. Still gonna pick it up tough

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    It's almost like this is a tie-in to a massive event that may be confusing for anyone who only picks up this title.

If they were praising the recap page of issue 2 or beyond I'd agree with you, but they're not.
    All-New Captain America #1 had it. Silk #1 had it. Spider-Gwen #1 had it. Again, this is neither new or noteworthy. It's something Marvel does on a regular basis.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Are you referring to when Sam started as Cap? Because in each of the cases you mentioned, these are either new characters or new identities/status quo that have spun out of other titles and need some explaining for someone jumping onto just that new book.

Ultimately, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what kind of recap page we're dealing with.

Fantastic Member

Let's be honest, there's no way someone could say this issue wasn't good and not be labelled a chauvinistic mysoginist.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Let's be honest, there's no way someone could say this issue wasn't good and not be labelled a chauvinistic mysoginist.
    Yeah, like everybody did to Jill Lepore.

Oh, I am breaking land-speed records getting to the comic shop tomorrow.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Oh, I am breaking land-speed records getting to the comic shop tomorrow.
    Let's hope that A-Force doesn't suffer the same fate as Fearless Defenders.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Let's hope that A-Force doesn't suffer the same fate as Fearless Defenders.
    I have the same thought, at least this book seems to have good art.

Astonishing Member

I think it's pretty clear that the verdict against MAC is her being sent to the Wall, which explains how she winds up in SIEGE.