Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    This book will be good as long as its not too women power preach heavy.

Thats what happened to Gail Simone's Batgirl and it took away the fun.
    ^ This.

Honestly, unsubtle feminism and politically-correct checklist writing is my biggest fear for this series.

Ms. Marvel got overly preachy in its second arc (I think) and basically started lecturing me, so I hope Wilson doesn't make that mistake again.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

"We tried to fit as many super heroines as we can to the first issue.*

Yeah right.

If they hadn't tried I assume it would have been a She-Hulk solo book.

Enjoyed the book so so so much but there were like 10 super heroines only. Why make a cover like that if you're not even gonna feature more than half of those characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    "We tried to fit as many super heroines as we can to the first issue.*

Yeah right.

If they hadn't tried I assume it would have been a She-Hulk solo book.

Enjoyed the book so so so much but there were like 10 super heroines only. Why make a cover like that if you're not even gonna feature more than half of those characters?
    Well you deflated some of my hype...

Mighty Member

There was no way they were going to represent all of those characters on the cover.

You couldn't pull that off even if it was a 40 page issue, most were always going to be relegated to background appearances. To think otherwise is a folly in and of itself.

Invest in the main team or don't bother. A-force can't be Marvel Women Team-up

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Don't get me wrong. It's so well written and super enjoyable but they flat out lied when they said there would be so many super heroines in the first issue even if jsut for 1 panel.

There were 16-17 and most of them didn't even talk or appeared outside of 1 panel.

Still I give it 4/5.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There's someone you'll be VERY happy to see is in #1.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    There was no way they were going to represent all of those characters on the cover.

You couldn't pull that off even if it was a 40 page issue, most were always going to be relegated to background appearances. To think otherwise is a folly in and of itself.

Invest in the main team or don't bother. A-force can't be Marvel Women Team-up
    I got the idea that most of them would be in the background. Still, I have hope.

Were you honestly expecting more? Weve known the core cast for a while now and that She Hulk was the leader and leaders always get the focus. Its also a first issue that has to rely on setup. Anything more and it would be a glorified cameo book filled with nothing but fluff and fan service.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    There's someone you'll be VERY happy to see is in #1.
    ?!
    Songbird?
    Diamondback?!
    Hazmat?!
    Stature?!
    Transonic?!
    Sun Girl?!

WHO! I MUST KNOW!!!!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

?!
    WHO! I MUST KNOW!!!!
    spoilers:
    Crystal.
    end of spoilers
    Ok, got my ears plugged for the KABLOOIE!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

spoilers:
    Crystal.
    end of spoilers
    Wait where was she?

Edit: Nvm saw her.

spoilers:
    Crystal.
    end of spoilers

Were you honestly expecting more? Weve known the core cast for a while now and that She Hulk was the leader and leaders always get the focus. Its also a first issue that has to rely on setup. Anything more and it would be a glorified cameo book filled with nothing but fluff and fan service.
    I was expecting much more from the first issue because I was promised that.

I was expecting cameos from Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Tigra, Kitty, Rogue, Jubilee, X-23, Emma, Magik, Songbird, other teenage and many other adult heroines.

Sure it wouldn't have been hard to draw 1 small female character with wings on one of the panels. It's not like the characters that did make a cameo made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I was expecting much more from the first issue because I was promised that.

I was expecting cameos from Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Tigra, Kitty, Rogue, Jubilee, X-23, Emma, Magik, Songbird, other teenage and many other adult heroines.

Sure it wouldn't have been hard to draw 1 small female character with wings on one of the panels. It's not like the characters that did make a cameo made any sense.
    Promised by whom? If you mean the cover, first issue covers are meant to display an idea of the series as a whole, not whats inside.

So youd be happy to see a meaningless panel with a cameo rather than actual substance of a story? Youre basically saying you want cheap fan service book.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Promised by whom? If you mean the cover, first issue covers are meant to display an idea of the series as a whole, not whats inside.

So youd be happy to see a meaningless panel with a cameo rather than actual substance of a story? Youre basically saying you want cheap fan service book.
    I'll try to find the early interviews but I could swear that's what was said about the first issue. That they fit as many characters as they did and that first issue was basically a fan service issue.