Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Read it, enjoyed it, don't see why there is so much controversy about this book. Like, people are throwing huge fits about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's an alternate reality remember, so the Dazzler that you see isn't the one from the 616 verse that we all know and love...
    i thought about it but i didnt know if it was from the ultimate verse since i never read it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Well that's disappointing if Rogue wasn't featured. She was the only reason I wanted this book. If I can find the variant cover I may get that but otherwise I may hold off on getting into this series until I am sure she will appear. But at least I know I still have the "X-Men '92" title to look forward to.
    Rogue appeared in one frame

Sin título.jpg

Amazing Member

I really liked it, but then again, I was in not for a specific character, but largely because I like G. Willow Wilson's writing in Ms. Marvel. I was not disappointed.

I am not suprised by how the book turned out cause like most "girl power" books it tries too hard to be cute and girly, just like how Carol is being written in Captain Marvel which is a huge dissapointment. Fearless Defenders worked better I think cause the team was built slowly and focused on a smaller cast of characters. And it never became cute and girly.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I'm surprised Namor's here and probably will be in the next issue too.
    If there's one male guy to be in an island full of females...he's the one
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Read it, enjoyed it, don't see why there is so much controversy about this book. Like, people are throwing huge fits about it.
    Yeah, I'm catching up on the thread, and... wow. The Lepore stuff I can and do see, but certain characters not showing up yet, and it being a bait and switch? Yeah, I'm not down on that.

Liked the issue a lot. Thor!Falcon was a great cameo. Seeing Dazzler in her classic costume was a treat.

And a Crystal sighting! Don't care if it's 616 or not.

Super glad I was smart for once and put this on my pull list ahead of time; local shop was out of everything when I got in there to pick up my pile.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Rogue appeared in one frame

Sin título.jpg
    Ok thanks for that. Thats more than I thought theyd show of her. I wont abandon ship yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Haha, it must have been a toss of the coin between Namor and Gambit!

(Although I did spy Luke Cage in one of the earlier panels)
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    (Although I did spy Luke Cage in one of the earlier panels)
    Yep, sure looks like Luke and Jessica and Danielle. And Luke pushing the pram!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Pretty generous review for a rather ho-hum issue. Not surprising though. Wasn't bad, but nothing really stood out either.
    There was no way CBR would not give this book a positive review even if it was total crap (and, FTR, I've read the issue, it's okay but not amazing). A bad review would go against their agenda.

In all honesty, Wilson's dialogue got a little preachy in spots, where I felt I was reading her voice and not the characters'. The ending made the issue significantly more interesting than it would have been otherwise, because it begins the cracks in Battleworld's foundation. It reminds me of Oblivion, where everything is cordoned off into zones and you're not supposed to realize there's other versions of you in those other zones.
    Last edited by macattack; 05-20-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I am not suprised by how the book turned out cause like most "girl power" books it tries too hard to be cute and girly, just like how Carol is being written in Captain Marvel which is a huge dissapointment. Fearless Defenders worked better I think cause the team was built slowly and focused on a smaller cast of characters. And it never became cute and girly.
    The humor in this issue did not seem girl-centric to me. The fact that the main action sequence involves flying heroines swatting around a giant shark puts this book closer to nextwave or X-Statix than anything else. My theory is that the goofball humor that has always been an ingredient in books like The Amazing Spider-Man and The Fantastic Four is being called out in books with women in lead roles. As a pure thought exercise, I bet that an average issue of Spider-Man has more in common with the neurotic relationship drama of Sex in the City than an issue of Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel. Many of Marvel's most successful male characters display traits that are socially coded as feminine, but no one seems chuffed about it until female characters display the same anxiety and self-pity.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    There are men on the island, just female heroes rose to power.

I enjoyed the book. Didn't feel it was girly or too cutesy with the humor/dialogue, and it certainly never felt preachy. Just a book about female heroes punching sharks. Looking forward to Medusa's inevitable power play, and/or Loki's bid for revenge against the system.

Yeah, not really sure where people are getting the whole 'girly' vibe or any preachyness from, I didn't pick up any of that at all. They just seemed to act like any other superhero team out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, not really sure where people are getting the whole 'girly' vibe or any preachyness from, I didn't pick up any of that at all. They just seemed to act like any other superhero team out there.
    Because "girls" can't be a superhero team and do normal superhero things. They have to, you know, do girly things and preach all the time. Because they're girls.