Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default I give you Pak: "Truth" Interview!!!!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/in...-/1100-152341/

PAK: As has been revealed thus far in the "Superman" and "Action" sneak preview stories, Clark's getting walloped with two massive changes. First, his secret identity will become public. Not an imaginary story; not a gimmick, y'all. This is for real and it'll affect everything moving forward. Second, he's going to lose a big chunk of his powers and lose access to the Fortress of Solitude. In short, everything that makes Clark's life easy and comfortable is going to be stripped away; we're going to see Superman pushed to his limits and tested on every level in the best kind of ways.

PAK:You bet! I think there's also something beautiful about seeing jeans and T-shirt Superman among everyday folks in Metropolis -- in particular, the folks who live on Clark Kent's block back home who are going to play a huge role in this storyline. Check out Aaron's incredible cover for issue #42 to get a sense of what I'm talking about. Superman's always been one of us, a man of the people. The jeans and T-shirt look combined with his actions in this arc make that crystal clear.

PAK: Both! Lex Luthor will play a role in BATMAN/SUPERMAN -- as will a huge Superman enemy we originally introduced in ACTION. At the same time, we're introducing entirely new threats in all of the books. Keep an eye out for the Shadow ninjas we first introduced in the ACTION eight page sneak. They'll show up in more than one book. There's a big, big plan coming which will be revealed bit by bit with some massive payoffs down the line.

Also, we're introducing brand new friends and rivals as well. Keep your eye out for a firefighter named Lee Lambert in ACTION #41 in particular -- she's going to play a big role.

He just keeps saying all the right things

Also take a good look at Kuder's drawings. The notes around them are pretty cool. Yang came up with the idea for the old school S!

And for our Lois fans....

CV: Will you be dealing with Lois Lane at all? Will she be able to tell her side of the story in her decision?

PAK: Absolutely and of course -- in Gene's "SUPERMAN" book, you'll get the entire story leading up to Lois's decision. Lois will also show up in BATMAN/SUPERMAN briefly. I've said it many times -- Lois is a straight-up hero, just like Superman. But that doesn't mean she and Superman will always agree on everything. Gene's got a great story to tell here for both Superman and Lois -- don't miss that book!

Pak you beautiful bastard, you know all the right things to say to a fanboy dont you? You sly dog.

Yup. I cannot wait to see how this unfolds.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I'm keeping an open mind and I'm generally excited to see what happens with this. It'll be interesting to see what sticks and what's just temporary for this story.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

I didn't want that interview to end. Though I skipped Convergence, I can't WAIT for Truth! A tingling feeling and butterflies of goodness is happening in my stomach. I really do feel we're in for a treat with the Super-books. When every new story arc begins, I usually go into the next set of books being optimistic but for Truth, my blood is boiling to get there, especially being out of the loop when it comes to skipping Convergence. Can't wait.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

All right, Clark really needs to work on his clear obsession with female character having the LL initials.
    Very nice to hear about the people of Metropolis (and of Clark's neibourhood) playing a big role in the story, and as much as I make fun of that Lee Lambert's name, having Clark interract with new people he never met as Superman or Clark Kent is actually a pretty nice idea, and I can see how he could easily get along with a firefighter. New members of his supporting cast are an exciting prospect.
    The part where he mentions coming back to Metropolis where his ennemis know who he is and how depowered he is inspired a lot of Western like imagery in my head.
    Always nice to hear that Lois and Luthor will play a part in the story (they need to show his reaction to hearing the news. Seriously). Lois needed to have her side of the story told, we'll see how it goes.
    Kinda wonder who that bad guy they introduced in AC will be. Tower Command? The Subterraneans?
    Finally, the Shadow Ninjas aren't filler villains. Wonder what the big plan is. Is this all some villainous attack from some bad guy?
    In Pak we trust, and all that.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

This is the cohesive starting point that I feel Superman has needed for some time in the new 52 post Morrison. But I'm not even surprised it's coming from Pak. That's what the man has brought since issue one he's been on.

I'm not sure about the rest of you but every time I read Pak's Superman be it Batman/Superman or Action I feel a sense of strong cohesion and weight in a very good way. I see and know who the players in that realm are I can get behind the story more.

It reminds me of Aaron's run of God of Thunder and Thor in a VERY good way (beautiful books both of them). That sense of taking a character's world and making a whole new world out of it the second you get the book. You use established toys and new toys to get across a story unique to you. When I see Superman, Lana, Steel, and Hiro I know it's a Pak book through and through. And when I see Thor and Roz or Thor, Thor, and Thor I know it's an Aaron book.

This coming arc is doing something rather special, it's shaking a boat that didn't really need to be shaken (at least in Pak's case). I feel like quite a few of the readers could have just gone on reading Pak's heart filled smooth stories, no? But instead Pak and co decided to shake it up and build new and stronger ideas from the aftermath. This will set the stage for future stories to grow out of. This may as well be a new #1 given how important this is.

It's rather fitting how Yang decided to take it back to the old school S. This is the new starting point for Superman, his world, his relationships, his powers, his identity, and his role it seems. So much in here!!!!!!

In Pak we trust!!!
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-19-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    I didn't want that interview to end. Though I skipped Convergence, I can't WAIT for Truth! A tingling feeling and butterflies of goodness is happening in my stomach. I really do feel we're in for a treat with the Super-books. When every new story arc begins, I usually go into the next set of books being optimistic but for Truth, my blood is boiling to get there, especially being out of the loop when it comes to skipping Convergence. Can't wait.
    I literally couldn't agree more with all that's said here!

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    All right, Clark really needs to work on his clear obsession with female character having the LL initials.
    Very nice to hear about the people of Metropolis (and of Clark's neibourhood) playing a big role in the story, and as much as I make fun of that Lee Lambert's name, having Clark interract with new people he never met as Superman or Clark Kent is actually a pretty nice idea, and I can see how he could easily get along with a firefighter.
    Dude keep in mind that Pak also specifically said "we're introducing brand new friends and rivals as well". She could be a disgruntled 9 to 5 worker who doesn't fully believe in Superman. Now she has a government name to put to that smug invaluable face of his. She might think he does to little or maybe too much. This is gonna be so cool!

The part where he mentions coming back to Metropolis where his ennemis know who he is and how depowered he is inspired a lot of Western like imagery in my head..
    We really need to stop this sharing a mind thing. People might start talking

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

So, basically "Superman is more interesting when he's weak, feeble, and not even looking like Superman. Lois stabbed Superman in the back because......reasons. And seriously, read my book."

Nope. Not sold.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Dude keep in mind that Pak also specifically said "we're introducing brand new friends and rivals as well". She could be a disgruntled 9 to 5 worker who doesn't fully believe in Superman. Now she has a government name to put to that smug invaluable face of his. She might think he does to little or maybe too much. This is gonna be so cool!

We really need to stop this sharing a mind thing. People might start talking
    -Dude, she's got the LL. You know she's gonna fall in love with him or something.
    Unless she's bald.

-I don't care what people say. What we got...It's special, man.
    Okay, what was I talking about, again?

My favorite part was pointing out that A, he's not completely depowered. He's not suddenly a normal guy. And B, he's still going to kick lots of ass even if he is at a lower level, and most importantly, be mentally tough. Mentally tough is where he's needed the most attention for some time. Its been fixed some in the New 52. but still not quite hammered home. This is the perfect place to do it. Right now that's far more important than his power set, to be honest.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-19-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This really makes me think that it would've been nice if these types of stories happened during Morrison's run. If only Morrison got to stick around for another 9 months...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I will say this interview made me even more interested with what is coming.Even more encouraging is it seems this story came from the writers and not from the office of Bob Harras or DiDio....and Kuder's art is amazing.

BUT....

SUPERMAN #43 is key for me. They have to convince me why Lois did what she did . As good as all this sounds, if that part of it falls flat, this whole thing fails IMO. The words from Pak that Lois is as much of a hero as Clark is encouraging. However I pray Yang and Tomasi feel the same way and Lois is not character assasinated for ulterior motives. If they all can explain why Lois does what she does without making her look horrible and undermining any future positive development of the Lois/Superman relationship romantic or not, then I'm on board. If not...well...so long Superman until the next reboot.

I don't mean to kill the Pak love fest here...and as you guys know I usually am one of you...but it's just how I feel.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 05-19-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I will say this interview made me even more interested with what is coming.Even more encouraging is it seems this story came from the writers and not from the office of Bob Harras or DiDio....and Kuder's art is amazing.

BUT....

SUPERMAN #42 is key for me. They have to convince me why Lois did what she did and why. As good as all this sounds, if that part of it falls flat, this whole thing fails. The words from Pak that Lois is as much of a hero as Clark is encouraging. However I pray Yang and Tomasi feel the same way and Lois is not character assasinated for ulterior motives. If they all can explain why Lois does what she does without making her look horrible and undermining any future positive development of the Lois/Superman relationship romantic or not, then I'm on board. If not...well...so long Superman until the next reboot.

I don't mean to kill the Pak love fest here...and as you guys know I usually am one of you...but it's just how I feel.
    I thought Superman 43 was when we're supposed to be told her reasonning.

No one should feel they have to apologize for not being excited. There's definitely a lot of geeking out over here about this run, but more measured thoughts and criticisms have their place too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El