Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default I give you Pak: "Truth" Interview!!!!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/in...-/1100-152341/

PAK: As has been revealed thus far in the "Superman" and "Action" sneak preview stories, Clark's getting walloped with two massive changes. First, his secret identity will become public. Not an imaginary story; not a gimmick, y'all. This is for real and it'll affect everything moving forward. Second, he's going to lose a big chunk of his powers and lose access to the Fortress of Solitude. In short, everything that makes Clark's life easy and comfortable is going to be stripped away; we're going to see Superman pushed to his limits and tested on every level in the best kind of ways.

PAK:You bet! I think there's also something beautiful about seeing jeans and T-shirt Superman among everyday folks in Metropolis -- in particular, the folks who live on Clark Kent's block back home who are going to play a huge role in this storyline. Check out Aaron's incredible cover for issue #42 to get a sense of what I'm talking about. Superman's always been one of us, a man of the people. The jeans and T-shirt look combined with his actions in this arc make that crystal clear.

PAK: Both! Lex Luthor will play a role in BATMAN/SUPERMAN -- as will a huge Superman enemy we originally introduced in ACTION. At the same time, we're introducing entirely new threats in all of the books. Keep an eye out for the Shadow ninjas we first introduced in the ACTION eight page sneak. They'll show up in more than one book. There's a big, big plan coming which will be revealed bit by bit with some massive payoffs down the line.

Also, we're introducing brand new friends and rivals as well. Keep your eye out for a firefighter named Lee Lambert in ACTION #41 in particular -- she's going to play a big role.

He just keeps saying all the right things

Also take a good look at Kuder's drawings. The notes around them are pretty cool. Yang came up with the idea for the old school S!

And for our Lois fans....

CV: Will you be dealing with Lois Lane at all? Will she be able to tell her side of the story in her decision?

PAK: Absolutely and of course -- in Gene's "SUPERMAN" book, you'll get the entire story leading up to Lois's decision. Lois will also show up in BATMAN/SUPERMAN briefly. I've said it many times -- Lois is a straight-up hero, just like Superman. But that doesn't mean she and Superman will always agree on everything. Gene's got a great story to tell here for both Superman and Lois -- don't miss that book!

Pak you beautiful bastard, you know all the right things to say to a fanboy dont you? You sly dog.

Yup. I cannot wait to see how this unfolds.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

I didn't want that interview to end. Though I skipped Convergence, I can't WAIT for Truth! A tingling feeling and butterflies of goodness is happening in my stomach. I really do feel we're in for a treat with the Super-books. When every new story arc begins, I usually go into the next set of books being optimistic but for Truth, my blood is boiling to get there, especially being out of the loop when it comes to skipping Convergence. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    I didn't want that interview to end. Though I skipped Convergence, I can't WAIT for Truth! A tingling feeling and butterflies of goodness is happening in my stomach. I really do feel we're in for a treat with the Super-books. When every new story arc begins, I usually go into the next set of books being optimistic but for Truth, my blood is boiling to get there, especially being out of the loop when it comes to skipping Convergence. Can't wait.
    I literally couldn't agree more with all that's said here!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

So, basically "Superman is more interesting when he's weak, feeble, and not even looking like Superman. Lois stabbed Superman in the back because......reasons. And seriously, read my book."

Nope. Not sold.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

All right, Clark really needs to work on his clear obsession with female character having the LL initials.
    Very nice to hear about the people of Metropolis (and of Clark's neibourhood) playing a big role in the story, and as much as I make fun of that Lee Lambert's name, having Clark interract with new people he never met as Superman or Clark Kent is actually a pretty nice idea, and I can see how he could easily get along with a firefighter. New members of his supporting cast are an exciting prospect.
    The part where he mentions coming back to Metropolis where his ennemis know who he is and how depowered he is inspired a lot of Western like imagery in my head.
    Always nice to hear that Lois and Luthor will play a part in the story (they need to show his reaction to hearing the news. Seriously). Lois needed to have her side of the story told, we'll see how it goes.
    Kinda wonder who that bad guy they introduced in AC will be. Tower Command? The Subterraneans?
    Finally, the Shadow Ninjas aren't filler villains. Wonder what the big plan is. Is this all some villainous attack from some bad guy?
    In Pak we trust, and all that.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    All right, Clark really needs to work on his clear obsession with female character having the LL initials.
    Very nice to hear about the people of Metropolis (and of Clark's neibourhood) playing a big role in the story, and as much as I make fun of that Lee Lambert's name, having Clark interract with new people he never met as Superman or Clark Kent is actually a pretty nice idea, and I can see how he could easily get along with a firefighter.
    Dude keep in mind that Pak also specifically said "we're introducing brand new friends and rivals as well". She could be a disgruntled 9 to 5 worker who doesn't fully believe in Superman. Now she has a government name to put to that smug invaluable face of his. She might think he does to little or maybe too much. This is gonna be so cool!

The part where he mentions coming back to Metropolis where his ennemis know who he is and how depowered he is inspired a lot of Western like imagery in my head..
    We really need to stop this sharing a mind thing. People might start talking

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Dude keep in mind that Pak also specifically said "we're introducing brand new friends and rivals as well". She could be a disgruntled 9 to 5 worker who doesn't fully believe in Superman. Now she has a government name to put to that smug invaluable face of his. She might think he does to little or maybe too much. This is gonna be so cool!

We really need to stop this sharing a mind thing. People might start talking
    -Dude, she's got the LL. You know she's gonna fall in love with him or something.
    Unless she's bald.

-I don't care what people say. What we got...It's special, man.
    Okay, what was I talking about, again?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

My favorite part was pointing out that A, he's not completely depowered. He's not suddenly a normal guy. And B, he's still going to kick lots of ass even if he is at a lower level, and most importantly, be mentally tough. Mentally tough is where he's needed the most attention for some time. Its been fixed some in the New 52. but still not quite hammered home. This is the perfect place to do it. Right now that's far more important than his power set, to be honest.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-19-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And for our Lois fans....

CV: Will you be dealing with Lois Lane at all? Will she be able to tell her side of the story in her decision?

PAK: Absolutely and of course -- in Gene's "SUPERMAN" book, you'll get the entire story leading up to Lois's decision. Lois will also show up in BATMAN/SUPERMAN briefly. I've said it many times -- Lois is a straight-up hero, just like Superman. But that doesn't mean she and Superman will always agree on everything. Gene's got a great story to tell here for both Superman and Lois -- don't miss that book!

Pak you beautiful bastard, you know all the right things to say to a fanboy dont you? You sly dog.

Yup. I cannot wait to see how this unfolds.
    Pure Lip service. He said that many times but never deliver, and I hope they doesn't disagree with superhero identity and revealing it.

I really done with superman books after another LL is created to interact with clark.

the story sounds a lot like daredevil and hawkeye, but without any charm or naturality. and sure without waid and fraction.
    maybe interesting for 2 or 3 issues, not for a year storyline

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post

2 buts-

The FOS. I understood the reason, but still fells like a wasted opportunity. No more Batman, Hiro or Veritas doing Clark's tech for him, pretty please.

More Wonder Woman, please. Please, don't give me that old 'franchises shouldn't mix too much' crap. That shark was jumped 10+ years ago when Kara became BatWonderSupergirl. And Pak has put Batman in one way or another in every issue of Action Comics. I wont even talk about Superman the main title.
    wonder woman is not superman supporting character. and she only serves to bash and take panel time from lois

Well as Superman states, it was his home. But not just that it was the touchstone to his past that he's never really know. It along with his powers and cape are the constant in his life. When he lost Clark Kent the first time in the new 52 he turned the fortress into his only home. It's his ultimate fall back and safety net. Again just like his cape (his indestructible cape has always been there to protect him since he was a young boy) , and that's why it was such a devastating blow to have both taken/ripped from him.

To lose his Fortress is to lose his security and safe place.
    he call it his home? superman new 52 is really more awful than I was remembering

fortress should never be his home
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-20-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Pure Lip service. He said that many times but never deliver, and I hope they doesn't disagree with superhero identity and revealing it.
    What are you even talking about? Pak has hardly even written Lois let alone advertised how much of a hero she is. But the funny thing is Pak has written her very well in the few times he's used her. He actually showed how much a hero she was in his last arc on Batman/Superman.

BANNED

What are you even talking about? Pak has hardly even written Lois let alone advertised how much of a hero she is. But the funny thing is Pak has written her very well in the few times he's used her. He actually showed how much a hero she was in his last arc on Batman/Superman.
    people asked him and he said many times that loves lois and like to write her. Well he used her as a bait, that is very heroic that is true. But he also made Lois make out with Batman, then next issue she was talking with superman and then she said she was dating johnathan. So Lois cheated on johnathan with Batman? that really is bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    people asked him and he said many times that loves lois and like to write her. Well he used her as a bait, that is very heroic that is true. But he also made Lois make out with Batman, then next issue she was talking with superman and then she said she was dating johnathan. So Lois cheated on johnathan with Batman? that really is bad writing.
    You mean Johnathan the man who she has consistently been depicted as having a wishy washy relationship with? But we're strictly speaking of the comment Pak made in this interview. He said "I've said it many times -- Lois is a straight-up hero, just like Superman." Pak has shown Lois being a hero. No arguments about that can really be made. Kissing Batman has nothing to do with her being a hero. In fact in that same issue she kissed him she saved people.

So again what are you even talking about?

I don't know. I've really enjoyed Pak's Action run, but this sounds a tad questionable to me. Like Manofsteel1979, it largely hinges on how the Lois thing is handled. What's really tripping my radar is the whole "he's lower power now, so we can challenge him" vibe that's been going on. Like Superman has never faced any challenges at full power. I guess all that Darkseid, Mongul, Brainiac, Doomsday, and 5th dimension stuff just doesn't count towards challenging Superman or pushing him to his limits. Or other story elements that they say they can do now that they've taken everything away that's "comfortable" for Superman. Like, why can't Superman talk to his neighbors at full power? I guess when you limit the character a lot more, it's easier to get to those limits but it just seems lazy to me.

I'll see how it plays out and if it keeps my interest in the Superman line. Pak has done solid work so far, so I'm willing to give it a shot. I've always felt that the best Superman stories don't try to reduce Superman to explore his character or challenge him. They embrace what he is and explore all that he can do. So I'm skeptical about "Truth".

So if it's a calculated deconstruction of Superman to rebuild on a more solid foundation, I'm on-board and will really enjoy it. If it's a reduction of Superman because they feel they can't explore the personality and world of a powerful hero, I'm out. So sorry, I'm not ready to drink the In Pak We Trust Kool-aide just yet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I don't know. I've really enjoyed Pak's Action run, but this sounds a tad questionable to me. Like Manofsteel1979, it largely hinges on how the Lois thing is handled. What's really tripping my radar is the whole "he's lower power now, so we can challenge him" vibe that's been going on. Like Superman has never faced any challenges at full power. I guess all that Darkseid, Mongul, Brainiac, Doomsday, and 5th dimension stuff just doesn't count towards challenging Superman or pushing him to his limits. Or other story elements that they say they can do now that they've taken everything away that's "comfortable" for Superman. Like, why can't Superman talk to his neighbors at full power? I guess when you limit the character a lot more, it's easier to get to those limits but it just seems lazy to me.

I'll see how it plays out and if it keeps my interest in the Superman line. Pak has done solid work so far, so I'm willing to give it a shot. I've always felt that the best Superman stories don't try to reduce Superman to explore his character or challenge him. They embrace what he is and explore all that he can do. So I'm skeptical about "Truth".

So if it's a calculated deconstruction of Superman to rebuild on a more solid foundation, I'm on-board and will really enjoy it. If it's a reduction of Superman because they feel they can't explore the personality and world of a powerful hero, I'm out. So sorry, I'm not ready to drink the In Pak We Trust Kool-aide just yet
    you spotted the same problem that I saw on the premise. Only depowered we get to see him interactiong with normal people. When he is all powerful we barely saw him interacting with the enviroment, then he got depowered and it is all about people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Well, I can't imagine him doing an interview that didn't sound good. I mean, I can't even imagine Austen having a bad interview. Unfortunately, I promise that I was going to make a post the other day about how Pak says all of these good things and ends with "Superman is.... y'know, like us" and how it makes me groan. And he literally just did that!

But I sure would have liked it if he made any clarification about Superman's methods. My problem isn't a fear of the unknown so much as a sense of being underwhelmed by Superman biking around with rags on his hands. What does he do that sets him apart? How is he Super?
    that looks exactly like post-crisis andit is heavily criticized here.

well superman is not about his powers, is about his courage and ideals. Johns did it very well on his final issue. I don't know why a big journey is needed. It's really bad see superman on a bike and looking very Bro. I saw a pic of "moutain" from GOT and he was with a superman t-shirt, he was looking like superman but more sympatic
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-20-2015 at 07:56 AM.