Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    I thought Superman 43 was when we're supposed to be told her reasonning.
    I messed up...which is why I fixed it.

So will each book stand on its own or not?

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I messed up...which is why I fixed it.
    Awwww! And what do I look like now, huh?
    That being said, while we can't tell as of now how Lois will come out of this, at the very least, we can tell from this interview that this isn't an attempt to push her away from the books or anything, and that will stick around.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So will each book stand on its own or not?
    Apparently, Pak said on Twitter that they do stand on their own, or at the very least, that this isn't a "read what happens after AC 41 in Superman 41" type of deal.

Yeah, I would imagine, for example, if you're just a reader of SM/WW, you could get by with just that, and any pertinent information would just be relayed in exposition. Its less a crossover and more a group of books based on the same theme, which is a bunch of stuff spinning from Superman's identity leak.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

2 buts-

The FOS. I understood the reason, but still fells like a wasted opportunity. No more Batman, Hiro or Veritas doing Clark's tech for him, pretty please.

More Wonder Woman, please. Please, don't give me that old 'franchises shouldn't mix too much' crap. That shark was jumped 10+ years ago when Kara became BatWonderSupergirl. And Pak has put Batman in one way or another in every issue of Action Comics. I wont even talk about Superman the main title.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post

2 buts-

The FOS. I understood the reason, but still fells like a wasted opportunity. No more Batman, Hiro or Veritas doing Clark's tech for him, pretty please.

More Wonder Woman, please. Please, don't give me that old 'franchises shouldn't mix too much' crap. That shark was jumped 10+ years ago when Kara became BatWonderSupergirl. And Pak has put Batman in one way or another in every issue of Action Comics. I wont even talk about Superman the main title.
    Well, Batman and Veritas are kinda out of the picture right now (on the account of being respectively "dead"/missing and trapped inside the Phantom Zone).
    I guess Hiro could be the tech guy (kinda like Hiro, actually). But truth be told, I doubt there's going to be much "tech thing" going on, at leat in the short run.
    No particular reason, just a gut feeling.

Still seems interesting, even if I can't really get as excited for this new direction and storyline as a lot of other people are, and I look forward to checking it out. Pak and Kuder are superb storytellers, no doubt, which is definitely enough to give them some leeway with me in terms of what what they want to do. They certainly get Superman, not to mention a raw and visceral type of story definitely fits their type of stortytelling.

One good thing about Jim being Batman in Batman/Superman is it means I likely won't have to worry about Pak once again violating one of my biggest Batman nitpicks .

I still think Clark doesn't have to dress in a shirt and jeans to be a man of the people, but I'm willing to live with the look for at least a little bit since it feels appropriate for the story. Though hopefully his proper costume once things get relatively back to normal will look really good.

A new LL, huh? Could be interesting, and tradition would make it seem likely she'll fall for Clark but who knows.

Honestly the biggest thing I've wanted to see out of this, above anything else, is Luthor's reaction and what he'll do. It's one thing to learn about who Superman really is, but having an underpowered Superman? That would seem like too good an opportunity for Lex to pass up. Though if he's involved it seems likely that Lex is going to survive Darkseid War, so maybe he won't do anything to drastic yet since he still has to maintain himself as a Superhero to the public? Though social disorder/unrest caused by Superman would give him a good reason to intervene...

I still would love for Lex to ultimately be revealed to be the mastermind behind the power fluctuation. If the theme is going to have the scope and length it appears its going to have, why not have the true mastermind be his arch-nemesis? Maybe have him teamed up with Xa-Du or something.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post

2 buts-

I haven't been reading Superman since the new 52 started, so i don't understand what role the fortress of solitude played in his life, and why losing it is such a big deal to him..

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I haven't been reading Superman since the new 52 started, so i don't understand what role the fortress of solitude played in his life, and why losing it is such a big deal to him..
    Well as Superman states, it was his home. But not just that it was the touchstone to his past that he's never really know. It along with his powers and cape are the constant in his life. When he lost Clark Kent the first time in the new 52 he turned the fortress into his only home. It's his ultimate fall back and safety net. Again just like his cape (his indestructible cape has always been there to protect him since he was a young boy) , and that's why it was such a devastating blow to have both taken/ripped from him.

To lose his Fortress is to lose his security and safe place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Well, Batman and Veritas are kinda out of the picture right now (on the account of being respectively "dead"/missing and trapped inside the Phantom Zone).
    I guess Hiro could be the tech guy (kinda like Hiro, actually). But truth be told, I doubt there's going to be much "tech thing" going on, at leat in the short run.
    No particular reason, just a gut feeling.
    Even him being less powerfull wont stop tech enemies from attacking him. At the very least, he has to have more agency where it comes to his own powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly the biggest thing I've wanted to see out of this, above anything else, is Luthor's reaction and what he'll do. It's one thing to learn about who Superman really is, but having an underpowered Superman? That would seem like too good an opportunity for Lex to pass up. Though if he's involved it seems likely that Lex is going to survive Darkseid War, so maybe he won't do anything to drastic yet since he still has to maintain himself as a Superhero to the public? Though social disorder/unrest caused by Superman would give him a good reason to intervene...
    Yes! How will Luthor react? Is this Luthor like the Post crisis one who didn't believe Clark could have a civilian life? Will it put his fears aside? Or will it make him even more paranoid? (He was infiltrating us!)

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Apart from what Superlad said, in a purely utilitarian sense, it was important in the H'El arc, Doomed, SM/WW 1st arc, Superman Unchained, just of the top of my head.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 05-19-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still would love for Lex to ultimately be revealed to be the mastermind behind the power fluctuation. If the theme is going to have the scope and length it appears its going to have, why not have the true mastermind be his arch-nemesis? Maybe have him teamed up with Xa-Du or something.
    Lex is pretty much out of the Super book for the moment. And he probably wouldn't team up with Xa-Du.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, I can't imagine him doing an interview that didn't sound good. I mean, I can't even imagine Austen having a bad interview. Unfortunately, I promise that I was going to make a post the other day about how Pak says all of these good things and ends with "Superman is.... y'know, like us" and how it makes me groan. And he literally just did that!

But I sure would have liked it if he made any clarification about Superman's methods. My problem isn't a fear of the unknown so much as a sense of being underwhelmed by Superman biking around with rags on his hands. What does he do that sets him apart? How is he Super?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Well, I can't imagine him doing an interview that didn't sound good. I mean, I can't even imagine Austen having a bad interview. Unfortunately, I promise that I was going to make a post the other day about how Pak says all of these good things and ends with "Superman is.... y'know, like us" and how it makes me groan. And he literally just did that!

But I sure would have liked it if he made any clarification about Superman's methods. My problem isn't a fear of the unknown so much as a sense of being underwhelmed by Superman biking around with rags on his hands. What does he do that sets him apart? How is he Super?
    You haven't been around when Finch and his wife were promoting their Wonder Woman run , haven't ya?