Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This is disappointing; mostly because I was looking forward to Edgar Wright helming the film. I hope this doesn't make the final product a huge mess with a director change so late in the game.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

This just makes me really sad. Hopefully more information comes out so we're not left guessing. It's confusing since Wright has been working on this for years. Surely, he and Marvel would have clashed over creative differences long before it got to this point.

Amazing Member

Lets just hope the replacement is good

Still a bit sad though...

BANNED

My guess it has to deal with the Age of Ultron movie coming out next year....I mean you cannot have an Ultron film without some mention of Hank Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hopefully this isn't another TDW-type situation. Marvel micromanaging to the point where they drive off several directors, and the micro-manage the actual director to the point that he was unable to make the best film that he could have otherwise. They also apparently meddled in TIH and IM 2 pretty heavily as well, but let Whedon, Gunn, and Black mostly do their own thing. So it appears to depend on the director.
    The MCU movies have been at their best when they're not concerned with integration as a top priority. Iron Man 3 is as much a Shane Black movie as it is a Marvel movie, and it really succeeds for that reason, especially compared to its predecessor IM2, which tries way too hard to build up the Avengers movie. Cap 2 may seem like a successful case of MCU integration, but when you read interviews with the Russo brothers, it's clear that it was exactly the movie that they wanted to make. Guardians of the Galaxy is hopefully a continuation of this trend.
    Russia is cold, why can't Batman have a warm hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    Whoa... didn't see that coming. This thing has been his baby for years.
    Took the words out of my mouth.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I agree. Edgar Wright was the one who hyped the film for me. I feel like his departure this late in production would just lesson the quality of the final product. I'm also not sure Marvel would be able to find another director with as much heart in the project as Wright had.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

WHOA! What the heck happened?

This guy has been working on this for the past few years now, and now he just doesn't get to be director anymore?

Its ogre, the MCU is falling apart as I predicted. They place to much emphasis on continuity which by definition requires editorial interference.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Its ogre, the MCU is falling apart as I predicted. They place to much emphasis on continuity which by definition requires editorial interference.
    It also creates a situation where the MCU is a house of cards and one truly terrible movie could derail the momentum of several other projects.
    Russia is cold, why can't Batman have a warm hat?

BANNED

Bummer.

Does this mean they'll recast or do rewrites on the script?

It seems like to keep all the films, tv shows, netflix shows that Fiege and Co have to have some interference and control

Sounds like Edgar wasn't down with control.

But it makes since. he "started" this way way way back in the day when the MCU was much smaller than it is now. So, he probably had no interference at all because there was nothing really to integrate. Now his movie has to gel with what... 11 films, a season of AoS, and whateve ris coming up next.

Ant Man should have never gotten a movie before the likes of Strange, Panther, Inhumans, ect anyway...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I rewatched Hot Fuzz this past weekend and got all excited again for him directing this movie. Still not happy with Paul Rudd not being Hank Pym as he would make an awesome original Ant-Man. Plus, I don't really know this third Ant-Man. The description sounds like he isn't Scott Lang either.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Bummer.

Does this mean they'll recast or do rewrites on the script?
    Id be fine with a recast for sure.

Don't scrap it, because I wanna see Michael Douglas' bipolar Hank Pym... BUT yeah... very disappointed. The moment I heard Edgar Wright was directing, I suddenly "got" how they'd make an Ant Man movie. Huge shame.