Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Interesting. Wonder whether it's to take over Ant-Man. The timing is suspect.

I don't have a lot of stock in Ant-man but if the trailer was good I would've given it a shot but overall I don't really care if there's a director swop, since for all we know Wright's vision could've been all wrong plus fans weren't all the excited about the way things were moving along with case and being left out of being creator of Ultron anyway.

Guess we'll see.

To be honest, Marvel is maybe the only film company where I trust the producers. Many of the Marvel directors have mentioned that while they can't do what ever they want, they are also surprised how much room they get to do their thing. James Gunn and Shane Black have both said this.

If Wright left over creative differences then either that is code for something else or (IN MY OPINION) it's better for the character and franchise. These are not characters and movies where the director should be able to do whatever they want. Especially, when the Keige and Marvel team have proven they can guide directors and movies in a successful and appealing way. It's like having a good editor and author team. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottSummers View Post
    Every source I've read said they really want Tom Hardy.
    I've heard both. The producers were reported to haven't with Idris personally a few times after the release of Skyfall. I'm cool with either any way, both are fantastic actors. Although I had always envisioned myself as the first black Bond so I might feel slighted if they face it to Idris over me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    To be honest, Marvel is maybe the only film company where I trust the producers. Many of the Marvel directors have mentioned that while they can't do what ever they want, they are also surprised how much room they get to do their thing. James Gunn and Shane Black have both said this.

If Wright left over creative differences then either that is code for something else or (IN MY OPINION) it's better for the character and franchise. These are not characters and movies where the director should be able to do whatever they want. Especially, when the Keige and Marvel team have proven they can guide directors and movies in a successful and appealing way. It's like having a good editor and author team. Just my 2 cents.
    This. Marvel may be more stern on their directors and their choices, but that's cause they have to be to make sure this cinematic universe they've created remains strong. That means something making hard choices. I doubt it's very much a question of wanting things to have the same style, as their recent movies have shown. Capt 2 was a political thriller, Thor 2 was your fantasy/sci fi adventure, Guardians is looking to have a ragtag, outlaw space western feel. Still each of those various types have to support the larger universe they're apart of and right or wrong Marvel has every right to protect it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian from Canada View Post
    Robert Downey Jr. has already stated that it's age, not money, that's the problem
    Yeah, and Marvel and Edgar Wright said he's leaving Ant-Man because of "creative differences." And remember how Tobey Maguire was going to drop out of Spider-Man 3 because of "severe back problems" only to have his vertebrae magically heal after Sony gave him more money? The official story is rarely the whole story, esp. in Hollywood.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-24-2014 at 12:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    His exit is due to biting of more than he could chew.
    They've already named his replacement.

Marvel has confirmed Goddard is off as showrunner, replaced by Steven S. DeKnight. Goddard has left to work on Sinister Six and remains as EP on DD, which I'm gonna guess is a bit of a credit purely by virtue of the work he's done so far. While Goddard was an enticing prospect DeKnight is solid, I've enjoyed 90% of his body of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post

This much is definitely true. I do have a lot of faith in Feige, despite The Dark World and the twist with the Mandarin in IM3. The man has a lot of passion for the Marvel Universe and only wants the comic book characters to flourish in the cinematic universe. I can fully respect that. However...I really was looking forward to how visually stunning Ant-Man was going to be by Wright. I am really sad about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Marvel has confirmed Goddard is off as showrunner, replaced by Steven S. DeKnight. Goddard has left to work on Sinister Six and remains as EP on DD, which I'm gonna guess is a bit of a credit purely by virtue of the work he's done so far. While Goddard was an enticing prospect DeKnight is solid, I've enjoyed 90% of his body of work.
    I like DeKnight's work. He did Spartacus, which was awesome (even with Whitfield passing on. RIP Whitfield) and he was heavily involved with Angel, which is one of my favourite show of all time.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I'm very sad about this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    This much is definitely true. I do have a lot of faith in Feige, despite The Dark World and the twist with the Mandarin in IM3.
    Heh. I trust Feige BECAUSE of the twist with The Mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Goddard has left to work on Sinister Six and remains as EP on DD, which I'm gonna guess is a bit of a credit purely by virtue of the work he's done so far.
    Sinister Six? Surely that's being put on hold I would think. ASM 2 isn't doing horrible, but it's certainly not doing that great domestically. Sony needs to think twice before going forward with that movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian from Canada View Post
    ...and (c) the use of Ultimate Fantastic Four as the source material when comic fans generally agree that is not a valid representation of what Stan and Jack intended.
    The 616 origin only works as a period piece set in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Sinister Six? Surely that's being put on hold I would think. ASM 2 isn't doing horrible, but it's certainly not doing that great domestically. Sony needs to think twice before going forward with that movie.
    I'm just going by what Marvel said in their official statement.