Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Kevin Feige has stated many times that when RDJ others start to leave, they'll just James Bond the role and recast.
    Which I honestly have no problem with.
    I don't either in principle, but those are some big shoes to fill.
    Russia is cold, why can't Batman have a warm hat?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batmankoff View Post
    As is with moth recasting, James Bond in particular.
    But if these go with the right replacement, it'll be gravy.

BANNED

Downey's only about 5' 8", so his shoes probably aren't all that big.

Are you insinuating that the movie going audience doesn't enjoy the continuity of these films and the fact that they are connected?
    How can you even imply something like that when these movies have been a massive success?

I think you're speaking from what YOU want and not what... has been working.
    My criticism of continuity is rooted in multiple venues, both critical, commercial and personal.

> If all movies are tailored towards one final goal (Avengers vs Thanos), this has a tendency to make every movie a lead in to the next instead of its own individual story.
    > The comic book industries model of tie ins, supplementary material, etc isn't even that successful, but then applying then to apply that the film industry...More people saw Avengers than any phase 2 movie so if these people just want to see Avengers 2 they have to expect an entirely new status quo because they were not a good consumer. Its a bad model to begin with.
    > Phase 2 movies have been overwhelmingly inferior to the first ones. If it wasn't for Cap 2 Marvel would be in critical free fall.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Only if by "bad" you mean it makes them a Hollywood movie studio, which they are. And these kinds of things happen at Hollywood movie studios all the time.
    Yes and no, but meh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Downey's only about 5' 8", so his shoes probably aren't all that big.
    He could always use 5 inch heels. Heh hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    My criticism of continuity is rooted in multiple venues, both critical, commercial and personal.

> If all movies are tailored towards one final goal (Avengers vs Thanos), this has a tendency to make every movie a lead in to the next instead of its own individual story.
    > The comic book industries model of tie ins, supplementary material, etc isn't even that successful, but then applying then to apply that the film industry...More people saw Avengers than any phase 2 movie so if these people just want to see Avengers 2 they have to expect an entirely new status quo because they were not a good consumer. Its a bad model to begin with.
    > Phase 2 movies have been overwhelmingly inferior to the first ones. If it wasn't for Cap 2 Marvel would be in critical free fall.
    Everything you stated comes down to your personal taste.
    Clearly it has no negative impact of the movie going audience.

I guess this extremely successful studio should change their model since it's working so well.
    Because that makes total sense.
    Yep. Yes indeed.
    Last edited by Alvarez; 05-23-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    This is a hugely odd move, one might assume it would be Marvel wanting something more serious than the comical heist idea Wright wanted, yet they're letting Guardians appear to be quite humourous in tone, at least with the protrayal of Star Lord. One wonders how this is liable to affect the various cast members and such. I still would love to see Eric O'Grady as an ex SHIELD agent so they pay homage to all three Ant Men in a way.
    Not sure why anyone would assume that, precisely because half of Marvel's movies clearly demonstrate they have no problem with lighter tones. Regardless, Wright's sensibilities have been in place since long before Marvel started working with him on this back in 2006. If his 'comedic tone' were an issue, it'd have become one way before now, and they wouldn't have waited until just before shooting to do something about it.

Meh. Ant Man is a very curious choice for a big screen adaptation to begin with, so no matter who's in charge it was risky. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Wright is overrated and I'm not sure I want 'quite' such a comedic bent to the story, anyway. Let's see who the replacement is before we cast this one into File 13.

As is with moth recasting, James Bond in particular.
    But if these go with the right replacement, it'll be gravy.
    Bond is a bit different in the sense that Bond is your only star and you can shape to world around him. This isn't really the case in a shared universe where a new Iron Man is expected to interact with many the same people that the previous one did as if nothing changed. I'm definitely not saying that it can't be done, but if audiences don't take to it, things can go south very quickly.

BANNED

Bond is a bit different in the sense that Bond is your only star and you can shape to world around him. This isn't really the case in a shared universe where a new Iron Man is expected to interact with many the same people that the previous one did as if nothing changed. I'm definitely not saying that it can't be done, but if audiences don't take to it, things can go south very quickly.
    So far it's worked with Rhodey and Banner... but who knows.
    We'll just have to wait and see.

So far it's worked with Rhodey and Banner... but who knows.
    We'll just have to wait and see.
    It's been fine so far, but I don't think audiences went to Avengers to see Ruffalo, they went to see RDJ and were pleasantly surprised by Ruffalo. Same with Don Cheadle. The real test will be in a few years when the faces of the franchise aren't there anymore.

I wonder what could have happened. This was his baby. He really wanted to get Ant-Man on the big screen...and now someone else is just going to take over?

BANNED

I've got no issue with this. The only Wright movie I've actually seen in its entirety is Scott Pilgrim and I was not impressed. And the bits I've seen of his others didn't exactly wow me either.

This is upsetting news. I looked forward to this film the most out of all the upcoming superhero films. Edgar Wright has been on this for like 8 years. Scott Pilgrim is one of my all time favourite films. i'm just worried that the film won't be as good as it would have been now that he's out. I can't think of any other director that would fit this film better than Edgar

BANNED

I don't get why people are so against this movie. Iron Man was probably just about as popular as Ant-Man before the first Iron Man movie, and I'm pretty sure no one outside of comics has ever even heard of Guardians of the Galaxy, and everything that comes out about that movie looks awesome.