Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I thought this was terrible. Artwork was shoddy with most of the characters hilariously off-model. Mike Costa has long since proven himself a terrible writer and this was no exception. Dialogue was awful. Just a terrible comic.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

This would have been it better with other artist, this looks horrible and lame like it was Ultimate FF.

The story was decent, but the horrible artwork (seriously, it looks like some cheap late-night Cartoon Network show in its style) kept distracting me. Even simple details, like the way OZCORP was drawn in the shaky-hand style kept distracting me from the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So thet are brainwashed but why? They were on Loom world or w/e so why would they be brainwashed or even pulled into Battleworld? Is Weaver mia too?
    Isn't Loomworld Earth-001?
    "Memento Mori if the nineth lion ate the sun."
    -Zero III

"The man on the moon rules the infinite time."
    -Phi

Just one question. Was Leopardon in the issue?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So... The Art.

What was up with Anya's face?

-

I believe so. The Weaver also noticed Universes being erased at the end of Spiderverse.

So, uh, exactly what world(s) does this take place in?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The one all the secret wars stories takes place in?

Im guessing the Web Warriors were executing a mission on this world when it got "Incursion'd" and that's why they are all stuck here. Remember the mission statement for the team was to help worlds without Spideys, which would be true for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Just one question. Was Leopardon in the issue?
    No. I don't think Supaidaman will show up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    They're all trapped in Arachnia. Osborn is the mayor of the place!

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Im guessing the Web Warriors were executing a mission on this world when it got "Incursion'd" and that's why they are all stuck here. Remember the mission statement for the team was to help worlds without Spideys, which would be true for this one.
    They don't seem t recall anything. They don't even recognize Pavitr. Is more probable that Doom just erased everything that happened. He would also choose to put all of them in the same region so their spider sense wouldn't interfere in other domains.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

They don't seem t recall anything. They don't even recognize Pavitr. Is more probable that Doom just erased everything that happened. He would also choose to put all of them in the same region so their spider sense wouldn't interfere in other domains.
    Did you miss the nearly issue long spiel that gwen, pavitr, and billy had noting how there's familiarity among all the spiders. It's pretty clear they're all in a state of 'Presque Vu' as Pavitr put it. I expect their memories are going to be jogged come issue 3.

I'm not really digging this, or Secret Wars as a whole, at all.

The art in this issue was very subpar, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Incursions killed everybody and everything and Doom brought bits and pieces of different alternate universe back into Battleworld, but with everyone thinking they had always been there. That's why they lost their memories.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Anyone not in with Thanos's team or in with Reed's team during the Secret wars #1 hard reset, doesnt keep there memories.

Not sure Id call it brainwashing either. Seems more like existence ended and the mix is a new creation of splintered realities, where in each has some similarities to the old ones but is not exactly the same.
    It's not a bad interpretation. We'll have to see how that pans out.

BANNED

I loved this issue. Araujo's art is so chunky and silly, it matched the tone of the book completely. This was my favourite pull of the day; it was easy to follow, told us a bit about the domain, set up some strands to tie the book into Battleworld as a whole, and gave each character a distinctly different voice. Spider-UK in particular is wonderful, it's great seeing a bit of Brit vernacular in comics.