Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, what happened to Strange? This was just way too callous on his part, especially not even bothering to remember America's name. I don't think surviving the final Incursion with Doom and creating Battleworld with him has effected him positively.
    I just recalled that before the final invasion Stragne just sold his soul away. Meaning that he is probably no more that nice guy we knew

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I just recalled that before the final invasion Stragne just sold his soul away. Meaning that he is probably no more that nice guy we knew
    I think "Battleworlds" helps explain where his soul has gone.

I can go along with this theory, but didn't the Thors in issue #2 discuss this and just write it off as being part of the magic of their God, Doom? Then again, if they saw it on such a large scale it probably would seem much stranger...
    I think that Thor's epculiairty is that by their nature of being "Thor" made them more prone to go along to such faith based system. After all thor canonically did go along maaaanyy bull from his own father, and believed it by simple having faith in him(even if Odin not always deserved such faith, he and xavier were often presented as massive jerks). Other people could find things odd. and in fact seem that while everyone is more or less aware of other kingdoms, they do not know there are multiple version of themselves....till now(it will common theme of these early numbers, the heroes realizing that the world they are living withing is NOT what they think it is. Also i think this facade is in part of prevetn people to go insane with the sheer scale of cosmic horror due the end of the multiverse(and most of the lives within), but also to keep Doom balanced. giving his mind something to do. Because..The power of the beyonders had to be somewhere. And the Beyonder powers is their conscience as well. And Doom now is veryyy powerfull. But with very weak grasp on his human side(not that he was the biggest humanitarians). Susan, Strange and in part Valeria(who may or not knowthe truth, but surely suspect something fishy around) try to keep Doom anchored and focused least something awful happen. Too bad this balance is a scam a shield...that will crumble...soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

- She-Hulk calsl the Sub Mariners (Namor, Namorita, Namora) to investigate where the shark came from
    Namorita? At last she returns!

Ah, I remember that now. You're probably right. Poor Stephen .

- Captain Universe crashes down into Arcadia)
    That wasn't Captain Universe, Captain Universe should have a "molecule" pattern on top and silver leggings. This "Singularity" looks more like the MU universal abstract embodiment of the universe, Eternity. Perhaps it was reincarnated and took a female shape?

I thought this was boring personally but not relaly a fan of any of these characters. Got more insight into the laws of Doom and Battleworld though (which I why I read)
    I sort of agree, I found the She-Hulk and Dr. Doom stuff compelling, but I have no particular interest in Nico or America Chavez, who were the primary focus of the issue. Also, I don't see why Lady Loki and Enchantress wouldn't be their usually scheming selfish selves just because they are now in some sort of Amazonian nation.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Namorita? At last she returns!
    Well, an AU version of Namorita.

Noticed that in doomworld even travel betwen kingdoms is not ok, without proper authorization. Only the thors can do that. I thikn tha tis in part to avoid the mind of the people deal with incongruences like when Spider Gween disocver Gwen stacys grave...I think Latverion/Battlworld is much more frail construct than we think, also the presence of Captain UnIverse and other stuff made me think that in each of the comics there will be a big or small clue about how to possibly solve all this mess.
    Why did this happen now, the business about questioning Battleworld?

This is bigger than A-Force, because it's happening in Spider-verse and elsewhere. But why now? Why did it wait till now, Secret Wars #2 to start unravelling? Is it because the Last Incursion happened, and the presence of the Thanos Cabal suddenly is breaking the spell of Battleworld? But it appeared that Battleworld had been around forever, and now suddenly it starts to fall apart? It could be that Battleworld appears to have been here a long time is only an impression, because of the memory tampering, and everybody is waking up at the same instant, at the start of SW #2, with imbedded memories that aren't real.

I can go along with this theory, but didn't the Thors in issue #2 discuss this and just write it off as being part of the magic of their God, Doom? Then again, if they saw it on such a large scale it probably would seem much stranger...
    The Thors are quite fine with the cross border missions seeing multiple versions of the same people. Maybe because they are gods, they don't have revulsion that multiples exist, or, they are so obedient, they don't question contradiction?

Ms. America throws a giant dinosaur shark. This issue is automatically a success. I like the idea of America, Nico and Loki all living together, too. That would've been interesting to explore some more. Ah, well.

Good first issue, all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    I figured that whatever Chavez ended up doing would lead to her been sent to The Shield (and show up in the Siege series).

Haven't read it yet, but it sounds interesting....
    Yes and if I remember correctly the Lady Bishop from 1603 will be in Secret Wars Journal and Siege. I love how they build a cross over event inside an event.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Really enjoyed this. I am curious about the Sub-Mariners. Are they just allowed to roam?
    This is the most interesting question that results from this book. Overall, this was a good issue for establishing the A-Force team, but I'm jonesing for a Sub-Mariner series now.

Thats not Captain Universe.

Its a new character called Singularity. Who is a pocket universe that took form during the universal collapse and chose to be female.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Can I just say how pleased I was to see the pathetically small appearance of Crystal in this issue?!?! Even if it was just to get knocked off the boat with Meggan by the megalodon in another single-page-no-dialogue appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Can I just say how pleased I was to see the pathetically small appearance of Crystal in this issue?!?! Even if it was just to get knocked off the boat with Meggan by the megalodon in another single-page-no-dialogue appearance.
    I did like their fishing techniques. Get the water to throw the fish onto the boat. No need for nets. Though there did seem to be other people fishing normally.