Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Silver Surfer is supposed to be handling recreating things (going by solicits). I was hoping Singularity was Norrin and his current girlfriend's kid.
    Ah, but Franklin has already created a baby universe that lives in his closet... I was thinking that this might be that one a little grown up.

I think it'd be easier to accept that this a never-before seen AU. With Chavez randomly placed.

I'm liking this event and tie-ins, but think too hard and all that mental gymnastics will just leave you with a torn hammy.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So, which AU would they all come from, that has female Loki and Jean Grey Phoenix in her green and gold costume and Nico Minoru and America Chavez (of whom there was only one in the entire multiverse already, so she could have just been passing through) and all the others represented here? I'm having a difficult time thinking of one that fits the bill...
    Its obviosuly a AU we have never seen before, like all the sections of Battleworld. Even Old Man Logan is an alternate Old Man Logan world. Inferno and Civil War are alternate versions. Every multiple timeline creates an alt universe. Not one single area on Battleworld is something we have seen before.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

So, which AU would they all come from, that has female Loki and Jean Grey Phoenix in her green and gold costume and Nico Minoru and America Chavez (of whom there was only one in the entire multiverse already, so she could have just been passing through) and all the others represented here? I'm having a difficult time thinking of one that fits the bill...
    I don't think it's one that has ever been shown before. While some domains use existing universes, or at least are based on them, others do not. This is one of the new ones. It may also be 'strays' from multiple universes all plunked together but with a new false backstory inserted, which could explain America's presence.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Ah, but Franklin has already created a baby universe that lives in his closet... I was thinking that this might be that one a little grown up.
    But we already know what became of that universe, as seen in recent Fantastic Four issues.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    But we already know what became of that universe, as seen in recent Fantastic Four issues.
    No, the one in his closet is not the same as the Heroes Reborn 'verse. One was created a long time after the other.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Has Dazzler always been able to fly?

Man, the use of the word "America" in this book almost has connotations this is talking about the USA.

But isn't it the choice between solidarity to one sister in the A-Force, and the security of Arcadia? Do A-Force go and reclaim their member taken away and harshly treated by the Thors, and risk an all out battle with the Thors as well as elimination of the people of Arcadia, or, do they sit by and allow Miss America to die on the wall, when she was just recently in their company, and just a piece of wall was broken which Doom could easily repair as he's made the whole wall and Battleworld himself?

This place also has a Spider-Gwen I noticed, and who look like Cage, Jess and Danielle.

The big gate-crasher is the arrival of Captain Universe, falling into Arcadia. This could be the Captain Universe who was dying in the 616. Now that the 616 is dead, how is Captain Universe feeling now? Is she nearly alive because of the sliver of her Universe exists on Battleworld? And if she is alive, is Universe one of those who knows the secret of Battleworld? More spanners in the works. First the Thanos Raft, now Universe, and who comes next is the Illuminati Raft.

I like that A-Force begun as this idealistic Utopia with girls as its Avengers. It looks so pristine and idyllic, almost vanilla in how unreal it is. Then suddenly it's like none of these super babes knows the rules. Like they never had to deal with this problem of breaking the rules before, because they looked like they were lapsed in this false sense of security. Yet, they knew about the Thors and the laws of Doom. This looked like the first time they ever had to see one of their own taken away like that, and they shouldn't have. They should have drilled this over and over and been as stony faced as the Thors about their job, but they went about it like 2 year olds playing on a busy street.
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-21-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Really enjoyed this. I am curious about the Sub-Mariners. Are they just allowed to roam?
    This Namor, (whose not the Cabal Namor of the Raft) sounds like a throwback from the 1960's. He doesn't have the swagger and regal bearing of the Namor who just blew up planets. He was all, " Yes, I'll get on that right away". Huh?

BANNED

I'm so glad Storm was in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Is a Doom's world, is a miracle that everyone is allowed a limited free speech at all (by the way Strange is really getting on my nerve, I hope he has a good reason to behave like he do, since it is implied he still remember everything....).
    To me, this is very serious to Strange and Doom. It may look like legalise technicalities, but to Dr Strange and Doom, it is all very deadly serious. I don't think they are play-acting Game of Thrones like two kids in a playground, and if they are, they are Beyonders, because you don't casually sentence people to the wall for trivial matters. There has to be something really messed up about why people are just dragged in to be sent on suicide missions all over the world at the same time.

Answer #1: It didn't wait until now. According to dialogue, heresy and schism and apparent evidence that the Doom creation story is false are all things they've had to deal with before now, including heresies spread by the Advanced Idea Mythologies version of AIM.

Answer #2: As readers, it can't happen until now because we don't see Battleworld until now.

Answer #3: We don't know how long Battleworld has actually been around, even assuming that actual years passed while the Cabal were in stasis on their lifeboat, as opposed to how long the inhabitants think they remember being around. So, despite #1 covering us if it's really had 10 or 30 or a few hundred years to be around, it could easily be that Battleworld was just now formed with this false history, and that history is already cracking under scrutiny.
    Yeah, it's going to be interesting to learn which one of these alternatives it is. Certainly the hint of an "incoming region" suggests some time has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    The impression that I've gotten is that these are the same characters (including those found in 616 Manhattan) that we know, but whatever Doom did to create Battleworld also altered their memories. They think they've always lived in Battleworld, but it just came into being. This seemed especially clear to me in the case of Gwen Stacy and the other characters in Spider-Verse. Of course, that's just conjecture at my point, but the fact that they're stressing that this is not a reboot would lend credence that these are essentially the same 616 characters in an altered state, rathern than alternate versions.
    Unless Marvel can somehow carry off returning the 616 intact, what we are seeing here on Battleworld is significantly enough variation that any return to what came before, will have to incorporate a lot of alternate characters. The only ones who will remember Earth-616 will be those on the two Rafts.

Raft 1

Reed
    Panther
    Spiderman
    Carol
    Star lord
    Thor
    Cyclops

Raft 2

Thanos
    Namor
    Maker
    Maximus
    Corvus Glave
    Black Swan
    Terrax
    Promima Midnight

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Unless Marvel can somehow carry off returning the 616 intact, what we are seeing here on Battleworld is significantly enough variation that any return to what came before, will have to incorporate a lot of alternate characters. The only ones who will remember Earth-616 will be those on the two Rafts.

Raft 1

Reed
    Panther
    Spiderman
    Carol
    Star lord
    Thor
    Cyclops

Raft 2

Thanos
    Namor
    Maker
    Maximus
    Corvus Glave
    Black Swan
    Terrax
    Promima Midnight
    Well, if you read the FCBD issue of Avengers, we know for a fact that they'll bring back an Earth that looks substantially like Earth-616 with the addition of Miles. Enough like Earth-616, in fact, that the classic story of the founding Avengers including the Wasp and her picking the team name remains current. I mean, I could be wrong, it could turn out that the Ultimates came first and that the Wasp and the Avengers they're talking about have more to do with the 1610 versions, but I kind of doubt it. And if one Earth and the universe in which it exists can be recreated, independent of Battleworld, there's no reason that multiple Earths/universes can't have been restored, for at least a small selection of universes in a multiverse. For example, Spider-Gwen is supposed to continue past Secret Wars, and I'm really not sure how much appeal the character has absent her particular setting and supporting cast and so on, so ideally her universe would be back.

Isn't it weird how without any surveillance cameras, Thors show up the instant the wall is breached? Who is monitoring every place on the planet to be able to respond this quickly? Is there an open screen room somewhere and someone sees what everyone is doing? I'd get paranoid fast if this is what happens every second of the day, all the time.