Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men 34 Spoiler/Review/Hot Take

Here are the spoilers:
    - Mystique is pretending to be a Bollywood star in India. She comes home to Cyclops in her apartment. Mystique tries to shake his confidence by appearing to be Emma, Jean, and Logan. Scott doesnt fall for it. He tries to get her to explain herself and her recent actions.
    - Flashback to Dazzler talking to Maria Hill about Mystique's current location. They make a deal, SHIELD will give up their info on Mystique and if Dazzler brings her in, SHIELD will wipe the records of the NXS students. They agree to the deal.
    - Back to Mystique and Cyclops. Mystique figures out that it is not Scott. It is actually Dazzler using the Coukoos to disguise her to Mystique. Hijack disables Mystique's gun and turns on the music, Goldballs knocks her gun out of her hands, and Dazzler blasts Mystique out the window. Magik saves Mystique right before she hits the ground.
    - Dazzler is doing a show in NY. Hill shows up and thanks her for getting Mystique. Hill offers Dazzler her old job back. Dazzler is working for SHIELD again. The NXS students are all there. They decide not to go to the JGS and to not be X-Men, but to be something else. Then it says "To be concluded in #600".
    - No sign of Tempus.

Review:
    I liked it well enough. this series is kind of going out with a wimper if you ask me. Mystique was so formidable the whole series, and now she rolls over to the NXS mutants. I will likely forget about all of this before #600 comes out.

Hot take:
    Maria has still got it for Scott

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

2 issues in a row with no "real" Cyclops? Bah. Meh.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Extraordinary Member

That's some bait-and-switch.

BANNED

It is out on a whimper.

I didn't get the "Hot Take" anywhere but everyone at the NXS definitely don't see Scott as the leader they need for mutants.

The kids deal piqued my interest, Dazzler keeping her old job was interesting enough.

At this point I don't see the big reasoning for the half a year push for #600 other than

A)Sales and hyperbole hype

B) Re-writes.

I'm sure AiC this friday we'll get the "intrigue" as always but still.

It would be cool if Bendis was ever consistent with mystique's anti tp abilitues/equipment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    It would be cool if Bendis was ever consistent with mystique's anti tp abilitues/equipment.
    Yea, that irked me too but I'm so burnt out by his run that I'm finding little motivation to care at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It is out on a whimper.

I didn't get the "Hot Take" anywhere but everyone at the NXS definitely don't see Scott as the leader they need for mutants.

The kids deal piqued my interest, Dazzler keeping her old job was interesting enough.

At this point I don't see the big reasoning for the half a year push for #600 other than

A)Sales and hyperbole hype

B) Re-writes.

I'm sure AiC this friday we'll get the "intrigue" as always but still.
    According to Bendis and Breevort, the story itself is done and locked.

And well, they may think that Cyclops is not good leader, but as stated in Hickman's books, apparently they still rely on him for protection.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I wonder what the kids will do now.

But mostly if we'll see them again after Secret Wars.

Hijack and the Cuckoos are really cool.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by turin View Post
    I am starting to warm up to Rich Johnston. "compleX" heh

Thank god Incursion killed all those quitters.

Amazing Member

Interesting that this story wrapped up the Mystique thing that was also solicited for Uncanny X-Men #35. It originally seemed like a two-part story. Are they still going to do #35 or did that get cancelled?

Anyhow, I loved this issue. Anka's art was great and Dazzler's triumph was well-written. "I will give you each a dollar to stop talking'" made me laugh out loud.

I have the impression we will see them again after SW or at least most of them.

The good news students looking for their own place in the world without being be affected by the story of his mentors.

The bad news is an X-men is no more reason to feel proud .

Will likely become a new team of Avengers or work for Shield or maybe the next generation of Uncanny Avengers .

Sad to read that sort of thing being a fan as I am.
    Last edited by Knives; 05-20-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Unglaublich!

Why do I get the impression that BMB is going to take "his" NXS kids to whatever (non X-related) title he writes after Secret Wars...?

So the next issue is about Scott and Emma?? Bendis said the picture of the cover actually happens and Dazzler couldn't get Emma's name cleared but got Magik cleared.