Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't find it senseless. These are "reborn" 616/1610 guys, which explains why they don't remember anything from the Incursions and might be an in-story way to address why their SQs don't line up (Pretty sure Bendis just wanted regular 616 Tony to fit the character interplay he planned, though ); there are no alternate universes left, yeah, but couldn't there be pocket "dimensions"/planes of existence within the Battleworld domains that weren't accesible by regular means? After all, the extradimensional realms of demons and stuff like that was still considered part of their respective universes, not alternate realities altogether, so it's coincevable that Doom rebuilt some manner of dimensional structures.

There are a number of problems with the issue otherwise, though, namely the fact that it could've been just a #0 issue considering how nothing beyond the initial situation was established, and even that was sort of addressed too quickly. I suppose it will have to be uncovered as SW goes on so as not to spoil things that are crucial to the main book.
Now that Secret Wars#2 establishes a "restating story from nothing" style, Ultimate End fits that formula comfortably. We had no idea what was going on in SW2, so why is UE such a surprise to some people? I like the dialogue is instructing the reader as to the situation the amalgums Manhattan is in. What I don't know is why they are fixated on the Tear. Are they disgruntled that the two worlds are mixed together, or, did they think the Tear should shunt one team back somewhere else? They don't remmember 616 or 1610 anymore, because Spidey is comfortable in the amalgum. I wonder what they expect to happen next? Looking at that dialogue between Stark and Cho, they don't mention things like616 or 1610. They just woke up one day after the Incursion, and remembered the Tear event and put 2 and 2 together, thinking the White out explosion was going to be noticed by Doom. The Avengers just had a meeting because they were also concerned Doom was coming here because of the tear burst. I think all of them existed in amalgum Manhattan all the time.