Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Ultimate End #1 SPOILERS

spoilers:
    -issue opens with Ultimate Punisher aiming his rifle at the clashing heroes of Earths 616 and 1610, then cuts to three weeks earlier
    -616 Spidey fights the Ultimate Serpent Squad and gets help from the All-New Ultimates minus Kitty and Miles and is obviously bugged by everyone from Earth 1610 knowing his secret identity
    -Ultimate Fury called a meeting in the Triskelion between the heroes of both worlds in order to fix the situation and returning everyone to their respective homeworlds, if possible at all
    -616 Wanda is suspecting that Ultimate Fury might be in cahoots with Doom
    -Ultimate Tony Stark is blamed for causing the current situation, he and Ultimate Amadeus Cho were working on the portal from Cataclysm which malfunctioned and brought 616 Tony Stark (Or maybe another version?) to their world
    -issue ends with both factions distrusting each other, the 616 heroes depart in a quinjet and the Thors arrive at the Triskelion
    end of spoilers

There's not much action in this issue and the exposition feels a little lacking his well. Bendis proves once again that character interaction is his strong suit. Brace for decompression.
    Last edited by Alastor; 05-20-2015 at 07:34 AM.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So this is during Secret Wars. Thst makes things odd as 616 Peter shouldn't be in Manhattan zone. Or do the Thor's arrive... When?

Spread of them fighting didn't happen so if Rachel does ever show up in this title she hopefully is in the right costume. Though odds are she won't be shown as UU is the focus.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-20-2015 at 10:16 AM.

I really hated this issue. Nothing happened and I didn't even enjoy it like most bendis books that nothing happens.

In a book that's meant to be about the end of the uu you would think we would see more ultimate characters.
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 05-20-2015 at 08:01 AM.
    We need better comics

It's just one issue but it definitely gave me a headache. The presence of 616 Spider-Man and 616 Cyclops, specifically. And what 616 Iron Man do we have? Superior or normal? He seemed more levelheaded. And I'm not sure how the tear referenced in earlier Ultimate comics relates to Secret Wars/incursions or how the 616/1610 heroes seem to be aware that reality has changed.

Many, many questions.

So a lot of this didn't seem to make sense. Why is 616 Tony alive and why isn't he in his Superior armor? Why are 616 Spider-Man and Cyclops here instead of being on the raft? I can't tell if we're supposed to be confused for now or if we're just supposed to ignore what seems to be pretty big contradictions.

WTF is going on here?

Is Bendis ignoring continuity from 2 weeks ago? already?

God he gets worse and worse with his "stories"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

After reading this, I felt more confused than I think I should have.

Oh and can someone explain to me who Doc Green is?
    Last edited by Grayson; 05-20-2015 at 08:28 AM.

BANNED

Honestly I've no idea why they bothered to release this before they explain a little bit about what happened to the life raft. I've read every single UU book ever, plus all of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers and Secret Wars #1 & 2, and this whole thing still confused the hell out of me. It's hard to care about the story when we have no clue what's happening.

Pros:
    • No Miles, focus on other characters
    • Nick is alive, and apparently in charge
    • Bagley's art is solid as ever
    • Jessica isn't wearing that hideous jacket
    • Good to see the All New Ultimates are still kicking

Cons:
    • Too much 616 for my liking
    • Doesn't feel at all grand
    • Confusing storyline
    • D
    • E
    • C
    • O
    • M
    • P
    • R
    • E
    • S
    • S
    • I
    • O
    • N

All I want from this series is a respectful finish to my favourite universe. This issue was alright, but Bendis needs to up the pace and explain how we got to this point if he's going to close the UU properly.

I wish this ended with a last days book instead of battleworld.
    We need better comics

Amazing Member

Yeah what the hell is going on here? How many goddamn rips in space-time are we going to have to parse? And like, how is there spacetime anymore when there are no more dimensions to have rips between -- haven't they been telling us this for months? Why do these people remember the Ultimate Universe when people in the other realms don't seem to remember anything? Way too confusing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    WTF is going on here?

Is Bendis ignoring continuity from 2 weeks ago? already?

God he gets worse and worse with his "stories"
    Isn't it very common of Bendis written stories where he ignores other writers continuity that isn't his own.

I honestly think they remember because unlike the other Domains that are made up of one singular universe, the Manhattan zone is a mixture of two which has probably had some effect on Doom's changes.

As for the issue itself I thought it was ok for a first issue, I liked the All-new Ultimates still being around, Spiderman (even though he shouldn't be here) was fun, and I'm waiting to see what caused the opening spread. However, Bendis really needs to watch it with the continuity issues, there's only so much you can ignore.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This definitely should have been a last days book. Would have given Bendis a clear plot to work with, and it wouldn't have wasted the 616/UU section of Battleworld on this.

Really disappointing issue.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    It's just one issue but it definitely gave me a headache. The presence of 616 Spider-Man and 616 Cyclops, specifically. And what 616 Iron Man do we have? Superior or normal? He seemed more levelheaded. And I'm not sure how the tear referenced in earlier Ultimate comics relates to Secret Wars/incursions or how the 616/1610 heroes seem to be aware that reality has changed.

Many, many questions.
    Maybe the rift we saw opened a passage to the past of the 616-universe? Would explain lack of Superior and Phoenix in Iron Man and Cyclops.

BANNED

Absolutely terrible issue.