Default Secret Wars #3 - More Ultimate Stuff!! [Spoilers]

Secret Wars #3 brings us a little bit of clarity in how things are - possibly - working in Ultimate End. Here's the Ultimate stuff from SW #3:

-After seeing the Cabal's raft getting ready to take off in Secret Wars #1, Miles snuck onto the ship and has survived.
    -He is found by Sheriff Strange after the Cabal took out some of the Thor Corps in #2.
    -Unlike the "Ultimate" characters from Ultimate End, Miles remembers the Incursion happening. Therefore, the Cabal does too, making them, Doom, and Strange the only characters so far to be confirmed to remember their original universe.
    -Strange takes Miles back to his Sanctum Sanctorum, and reveals that Battleworld has existed for 8 years.
    -They open the 616 life raft, where Miles meets up with Peter again, plus the rest of the 616 heroes, who remember (add them to the confirmed list).
    -Meanwhile, Ultimate Reed and the Cabal sit around, hoping to find answers. The Thor Corps descends on them.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

So there was a LOT of info-dump here. If you liked issue #2 - and who didn't? - you'll dig this, too. Battleworld is further established, and we're understanding more how things got here. I think this theory holds up, that the characters on Battleworld are recreations from Incursion universes, not the actual thing, because of this quote from Sheriff Strange (confirmed to be 616-Strange):

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Strange
    God Doom has made a world of many wonders. I have seen mirrors of those I have known - lives lived differently, or even stranger... the unrecognizably similar. For instance, much of what was a place called Wakanda can be found in the upper kingdom, both in design and function.
    If they're the "real" Ultimate (and 616, Old Man Logan, etc) characters, we know for sure at least that they don't remember anything before.

I have to say - Hickman and Ribic are killing it. Absolutely killing it. That's not a surprise, mind you, but I am loving Secret Wars. The idea is so cool, and the execution, line wide, is working out much better than I would have expected. The tie-in concepts are great, and the Battleworld idea lends itself to great storytelling freedom.

Incredible Member

The issue with this comes in when you think about how there's a 616 Peter in Ultimate End who is entirely unaware that Ultimate Peter famously died (something that the real 616 Peter knew).

Ultimate End Manhattan is at least as old as the discovery of the 616 life raft, 3 years ago.

Incredible Member

Do people not get that Doom recreated 616 and Ultimate after they were both destroyed by the incursion and that they accidentally got merged? Personally I think he tried naming both folders Manhattan instead of Manhattan and Manhattan (2) so they merged. We aren't seeing the ACTUAL end of the ultimate universe just as we didn't see the ACTUAL end of 616 in The End.
    Last edited by wyokid; 06-04-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...al-edition-nyc

And here, Bendis directly addresses a lot of the apparent plot holes in UE 1, and assures us not only that it will make sense, but that we will understand the fate of the REAL Ultimate U.

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post

And here, Bendis directly addresses a lot of the apparent plot holes in UE 1, and assures us not only that it will make sense, but that we will understand the fate of the REAL Ultimate U.
    Does Bendis mean the 616 and 1610 weren't annihilated?

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post

I hope that this comes to fruition. I feel like Bendis says "keep reading, everything will be answered" often but most of the readers questions remain unanswered. Most recently I feel this is the case for his last story in USM and Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men. He really hyped his "Utopians" story line and it wasn't anything we haven't seen before and the ending was pretty much paint by numbers predictable. I'm sure some of that has to do with needing to wrap things up do to Secret Wars but still it wasn't what it was hyped up to be.

All this aside, he has scored major points for putting Ultimate Tony in his Hitch armor (I guess that is more Bagley, but I'm sure Bendis had some input on that decision). If he brings back some or all of the dead Ultimate X-Men, get out of here all will be forgiven
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I hope that this comes to fruition. I feel like Bendis says "keep reading, everything will be answered" often but most of the readers questions remain unanswered. Most recently I feel this is the case for his last story in USM and Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men. He really hyped his "Utopians" story line and it wasn't anything we haven't seen before and the ending was pretty much paint by numbers predictable. I'm sure some of that has to do with needing to wrap things up do to Secret Wars but still it wasn't what it was hyped up to be.

All this aside, he has scored major points for putting Ultimate Tony in his Hitch armor (I guess that is more Bagley, but I'm sure Bendis had some input on that decision). If he brings back some or all of the dead Ultimate X-Men, get out of here all will be forgiven
    At least he knew this was a mini going in, so we should be golden.

And as far as bringing back the UXM, I feel like Wolverine is coming back, since he was on the splash page, but everyone else from the original team who's died over the years is probably done. But we still have Kitty, Bobby, Rouge, Storm, and Jean, right? I feel like I'm missing somebody, but we at least have a few original UXM characters represented.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    The issue with this comes in when you think about how there's a 616 Peter in Ultimate End who is entirely unaware that Ultimate Peter famously died (something that the real 616 Peter knew).
    No he knew about that fact, hence why he knew about how the Ultimate half of the merged Manhattan knew who he was. It was the 616 half he was concerned about.