Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

I was having trouble understanding the dimensional dialogue. If the multiverse is dead then there are not any other dimension than Battleworld. Then I read this in Breevort's tumblr:

Q: Why is Ultimate End talking about Dimensional rifts? There aren't any other dimensions, just Battleworld, it didn't make any sense to me.

A: There aren’t any other planets, but there are at least four dimensions, including time. And if you create a dimensional rift, then suddenly you get two separate Manhattans existing atop one another, rather than side-by-side or in different sections of Battleworld.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    So what I understand is that 616 y 1610 were different domains, like all the others in Battleworld, but reality has folded on top or itself, as 616 Tony says, so now both domains are now occupying the same space. The question is: why has reality folded? What will Doom do to solve this? Anyway, I didn't like the issue.
    Last edited by Tevu; 05-22-2015 at 11:23 AM.

With this much questioning and hypothesizing about the issue I can't help but think that this issue is just not good. A lot of the theories make sense and help to clarify the issue, but one shouldn't have to rely on CBR forums to understand a comic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

I feel silly for having missed this before, but in the big 616 vs Ultimate scene, 616 Tony IS in his silver armor. I doubt this was an oversight. Since that is a flash forward, per haps they regain their memories before that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    I feel silly for having missed this before, but in the big 616 vs Ultimate scene, 616 Tony IS in his silver armor. I doubt this was an oversight. Since that is a flash forward, per haps they regain their memories before that scene.
    Though even then that raises the question of why characters like Rachel and Spiderwoman are in the wrong costume and why there's 2 Wolverines on the Ultimate side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Though even then that raises the question of why characters like Rachel and Spiderwoman are in the wrong costume and why there's 2 Wolverines on the Ultimate side.
    One might be Old Man Logan.

Apparently he's going to make a habit of crossing domains.

Fantastic Member

One of the Wolverines is clearly Jimmy Hudson, but the argument could be made that one of them is a revived Logan. If you remember, there was the teaser with his fist clenching way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    One of the Wolverines is clearly Jimmy Hudson, but the argument could be made that one of them is a revived Logan. If you remember, there was the teaser with his fist clenching way back when.
    I don't remember that teaser. Know where I can find it?

Incredible Member

Ultimatum. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cough cough

Fantastic Member

The end of Ultimatum. Like it or hate it, the story is canon, so its events can weigh on present events.

Ultimatum #5 shows Wolverine's hand is sinking into the sea, it doesn't look like his fist is clenching. And Kitty said in Ultimate X-Men: Requiem that S.H.I.E.L.D. were unable to restore him and that he's gone for good.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

It does look like his fist is clenching and there was definitely flesh on the arm so seeing him regenerate or get cloned is a distinct possibility. Add to that he became Cable in an alternate future of the UU and he could make a final appearance. All that being said however, Bendis is writing Old Man Logan and Ultimate End so my wish will probably go unfulfilled.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Recovering Sociopath ultimate_spider's Avatar

That alternate Ultimate future will have been destroyed with all other alternate universes. Right? Bendis and Bagley have royally screwed up on a multi-character spread page before (Cataclysm), but I don't think they'd screw up to the point where'd they'd draw the same character twice. Especially when one of the Wolverines is in Punisher's cross hairs. That has to be OG Wolvie or Old Man Logan. I undersand Bendis is writing both, but isn't that kind of intrusive from a narrative point when the name of the book is ULTIMATE END?
    Last edited by ultimate_spider; 05-24-2015 at 05:56 AM.

We already have 616 characters and the Thors in the book, adding Old Man Logan won't make a difference. Besides, the Ultimate Universe is completely outgunned compared to Earth-616, it's only fair they get two Wolverines (Old Man Logan and Jimmy Hudson).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    We already have 616 characters and the Thors in the book, adding Old Man Logan won't make a difference. Besides, the Ultimate Universe is completely outgunned compared to Earth-616, it's only fair they get two Wolverines (Old Man Logan and Jimmy Hudson).
    Yeah but they could have just brought back the Ultimate X-Men even Wolverine through the power of Ultimate Cable existing. I mean, it does seem Ultimate Captain America is back without any given reason.

But wasn't Ultimate Cable from a possible future? His existence, or rather the chances of Ultimate Wolverine turning into him, should be as questionable as Sue Kang. And Captain America's body has never been found, so we did not that have any confirmation that he actually died before Secret Wars. Unlike Wolverine, whose only remains are an adamantium arm and who has been completely eradicated according to S.H.I.E.L.D.

But I agree, they should've just brought Ultimate Wolvie back. The "dead means dead rule" has been ignored more than once and Ultimatum had too many permanent deaths of important characters.