Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I liked the issue, although I, too, was confused by the presence of 616 Spider-Man and 616 Cyclops, both of whom I thought were on the life raft.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Isn't it very common of Bendis written stories where he ignores other writers continuity that isn't his own.
    It is one thing to ignore facts about year old books and stuff like that

it is entirely different to ignore continuity that was published 2 freaking weeks ago in a super major event reshaping the Marvel universe.

Especially when it is already slightly confusing due to all the alternate characters running around.

I mean crap man... we don't even know what happened to the 616 raft and all of a sudden 616 spidey and cyclops are hanging out with UU characters?

And we haven't even seen what hapepned with 616 Tony... and all of sudden he is here?

This is jsut all around bizarre and stupid.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this really confusing. Hopefully Secret Wars #3 will clear up the appearance of 616 Cyclops and 616 Spider-Man here.

I found this really disappointing (and I can't really put my finger on why, normally I like Bendis). With so many other books I want to try, I may drop this.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I have a theory.

When Doom saved what he could of 616 he noticed that Spider-Man and the such weren't there and most likely assumed that they had been erased before he plucked 616.

Thus he recreated echoes of them for the zone as those characters are too influencial, important and tied to many other characters for them to not be there. So to sell the brainwashing to the rest of the 616 based characters, while letting them think everything fits, he needed to give the 616 based characters Tony and Peter. That way they won't fight the brainwashing or questioning why things in their memories aren't adding up.

So while Rachel is the real deal, Peter in the zone isn't because he obviously is on the life raft thus he didn't need saving.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-20-2015 at 10:47 AM.

This book makes no sense. You get a portal from Caya that should go nowhere, even if it somehow when back in time, there should be no "universe" back then to get a Tony from. Tony should be dead. Cyclops shouldn't be there. 616 Spider-Man shouldn't be there either. They all seem aware that they are in Doom's battleworld, yet they think they can send people back to their universes? Ok that last one makes sense, as the characters could be clueless.

Edit: Maybe these are all replicas of 616 and UU characters? Not aware of the incursion stuff? Although that wouldn't explain why they think they can send people back to their universe, and the fact that there's only Manhattan would make them think something's wrong....Again, this book makes no sense.

Second Edit: Ok, what if Doom has them all thinking this is some "original Secret Wars" kind of deal, where 616 heroes and UU have been put in a manhattan-esque domain different than their own.
    Last edited by Viteh; 05-20-2015 at 11:02 AM.

The conversation between 616 Spider-Man and the All-New Ultimates implies that they have met before and they might have spent some time on Battleworld, which would still leave almost all of the questions in this thread unanswered.

My biggest worry is that we won't get any answers and the book will turn into the Miles Morales show with venom blasts saving the day. I do love how they're using two different types of fonts for the lettering, though.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

I feel like we were dropped into the middle of a story and given no hints of what happened. I mean we know Secret Wars is going on but Bendis threw in that bit about Peter having met they Young Ultimates (something that would've been nice to see rather than be told). It's definitely interesting but Bendis has really gotta learn about show don't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    With so many other books I want to try, I may drop this.
    Yep, im out.

In fact, this is making me not want to try anyting but the core titles of SW because if it is going to be this unorganized and confusing, I will just stick with the story Hickman is telling and ignore everything else.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I regret getting this. I thought I was getting to see the last days of the ultimate universe but this was not it. This was just confusing and bad. I have no idea what was happening until the very end.
    Last edited by PlanetaryDevastation; 05-20-2015 at 11:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    So a lot of this didn't seem to make sense. Why is 616 Tony alive and why isn't he in his Superior armor? Why are 616 Spider-Man and Cyclops here instead of being on the raft? I can't tell if we're supposed to be confused for now or if we're just supposed to ignore what seems to be pretty big contradictions.
    The raft was breaking apart in issue #1 of SW.

All-New Member

I think a lot of people are getting it wrong here. Doom clearly made Battleworld in his image. He didn't know about Cyclops and everyone else on the lift raft. These domains are creations of his, picking different parts of different worlds. This isn't THE 616 it is a version of 616.

I am guessing that the two domains have merged together or something like that. Maybe Stark created a portal which opened up to both Domains which let to both of them merging together (as seen in map supplied).

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No, it is 616/1610 and the such characters placed in that zone hence it's designation as such. If they weren't than it would be said as such.

It's why the reduction DoFP isn't just DoFP but a new name as its a different universe based off it with differences

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    This book makes no sense. You get a portal from Caya that should go nowhere, even if it somehow when back in time, there should be no "universe" back then to get a Tony from. Tony should be dead. Cyclops shouldn't be there. 616 Spider-Man shouldn't be there either. They all seem aware that they are in Doom's battleworld, yet they think they can send people back to their universes? Ok that last one makes sense, as the characters could be clueless.

Edit: Maybe these are all replicas of 616 and UU characters? Not aware of the incursion stuff? Although that wouldn't explain why they think they can send people back to their universe, and the fact that there's only Manhattan would make them think something's wrong....Again, this book makes no sense.

Second Edit: Ok, what if Doom has them all thinking this is some "original Secret Wars" kind of deal, where 616 heroes and UU have been put in a manhattan-esque domain different than their own.
    No, I don't believe all are replicas. Miles and the such are the real deals. Marvel wouldn't erase them, especially not when Doom is plucking universes to save them.

Doom may have did the best he could and put them in the same zone purposely to save as many as he could as well as distract the zones that would be the biggest threat to his rule if they wised up to the truth.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-20-2015 at 11:26 AM.

The more I think about its content, the less I like this issue. I haven't read any other Secret Wars book except Secret Wars #1 but with everyone being just as confused as me, it's more a sign of incohesive storytelling with too little explanations. Which is especially disappointing with Miles Morales: Ultimater Spider-Man #12 having a total non-ending and this issue bearing no signs of being a follow-up whatsoever.

The sad thing is, this is the only Secret Wars book I intend to follow because I've become real invested in the Ultimate Universe and its characters as a whole and this might be the last chance to read about the UU. I hope this won't turn into a total disappointment.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I feel like we were dropped into the middle of a story and given no hints of what happened. I mean we know Secret Wars is going on but Bendis threw in that bit about Peter having met they Young Ultimates (something that would've been nice to see rather than be told). It's definitely interesting but Bendis has really gotta learn about show don't tell.
    Honestly I think this is the case. I don't think Bendis is intentionally ignoring Continuity so much as this book takes place after a future issue of the main event and Marvel, for whatever reason, released this first.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

All-New Member

There is also lots of stars in the sky, there are no stars at all in this universe.