Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD #1 Spoilers

Wow this comic opens with one badass fight sequence between Punisher 2099 and the Infernal Four. That alone is worth the price of admission. I reviewed it with a bunch of pictures here if anyone is interested.

spoilers:
    The comic opens with Punisher 2099 skipping boundaries which is a big no-no in the Doom ruled Battleworld. The Infernal Four show up and Punisher quickly takes Spider-Man out with a hail of bullets. He then turns off Hulk's powers and turns him to dust, then freezes Ghost Rider and blows him up. Wolverine stabs him in the back though, but before he can completely kill him Punisher blows them both up with a magic grenade. Dr. Strange is attached to Punisher and doesn't want to die too but Punisher takes himself out anyway.

Wolverine shows up at Dr. Strange's office. He's the second in command for Doom now. He's ticked off since Doom wanted to send him into The Shield. It turns out Dr. Strange's ghost spirit moved to Wolverine and he says he'll make his life a living hell if he resists him.

The second story focuses on M.O.D.O.K. who brings other versions of himself together so they can overthrow Doom. Unfortunately all their egos get in the way and they end up fighting each other. Defeated and broken two Thor's show up and presumably take them all in.
    end of spoilers

What'd you guys think? That Punisher story was fantastic eh?
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the spoiler.

So, that Dr. Strange was from where?

And that Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider were from Valley of Doom? If yes, how does Wolverine doesn't find it strange that there were two Dr. Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by NunoTaborda View Post
    Thanks for the spoiler.

So, that Dr. Strange was from where?

And that Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider were from Valley of Doom? If yes, how does Wolverine doesn't find it strange that there were two Dr. Strange?
    I wonder if Wolverine is now aware something odd is happening since he encountered 2 Dr. Strange's. Maybe this is an element that'll make this version of Wolverine do something about it? Also odd ghost Dr. Strange doesn't find it weird he has another in the flesh version of himself.

I was interested, till i saw what happened to spider-man, what is it with this lazy writing?? geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    I was interested, till i saw what happened to spider-man, what is it with this lazy writing?? geez.
    He definitely died like a chump. :/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I wonder if Wolverine is now aware something odd is happening since he encountered 2 Dr. Strange's. Maybe this is an element that'll make this version of Wolverine do something about it? Also odd ghost Dr. Strange doesn't find it weird he has another in the flesh version of himself.
    If the Strange in Valley of Doom knows everything regarding the creation of this world, then he will not find it weird that there is another version of himself

Or maybe there is an explanation for everyone not finding weird that there are other versions of themselves... They all know this is a world created with versions of them from other universes...

That would answer all these questions regarding questions over other versions of each character.

If the Strange in Valley of Doom knows everything regarding the creation of this world, then he will not find it weird that there is another version of himself

Or maybe there is an explanation for everyone not finding weird that there are other versions of themselves... They all know this is a world created with versions of them from other universes...

That would answer all these questions regarding questions over other versions of each character.
    Then again over in Spider-Verse Spider-Gwen finds it weird to learn there are other Spider heroes like her. Could be different for everyone too. We'll know more soon!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Is that really Jake? Looks like Frank.

Spectacular Member

Then again over in Spider-Verse Spider-Gwen finds it weird to learn there are other Spider heroes like her. Could be different for everyone too. We'll know more soon!
    Forgot about that...

And starting to be afraid that these are some questions we will never get an answer :S I know we are in the beginning... But... Now I'm like you... How didn't Wolverine made that question?

Maybe only Doom and Strange know everything and since Strange is controlling Wolverine, he may be also controlling some of his thoughts/Questions... Really dunno

Forgot about that...

And starting to be afraid that these are some questions we will never get an answer :S I know we are in the beginning... But... Now I'm like you... How didn't Wolverine made that question?

Maybe only Doom and Strange know everything and since Strange is controlling Wolverine, he may be also controlling some of his thoughts/Questions... Really dunno
    Since Dr. STrange is working for Doom I can only imagine he doesn't know a lot of things...but who knows what's going on with him.

I think SOME key people know about the alternate realities/domains, while the general population is unaware there is another versions of themselves running around (maybe this is why crossing domain borders is forbidden and people are sent to The Shield to either die or live the rest of their lives in there).

My biggest question so far is...why is it called Battleworld!? Is there an arena they fight in? I know in Secret Wars #2 we see Mr. Sinister fight in a arena, but with a name like that you'd think the Battle part of the name would be more obvious.

Gawrbawrge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Is that really Jake? Looks like Frank.
    Hulk calls him Castle sooo
    On a quest to read all X-Men related comics in chronological order
    Titles I'm currently reading:
    Uncanny X-Men - X-Men v2 - X-Force - Wolverine - Deadpool - X-Treme X-Men

Fantastic Member

It would appear as if the mindwiped population of Battleworld pretty much accepts alts openly. They referred to A hulk, A spider man, etc.... but the issue was sure a hoot! The opening fight was killer. And was that 1602 MODOK on the hot air baloon spitting the comic relief? I don't really keep up with that universe.