Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: DC Sneak Peek: Robin, Son of Batman

Damian's quest to atone for the Year of Blood takes him to a remote mountain village, but danger awaits him and his unwilling companion Goliath! And someone connected to Damian's dangerous past may be closing in on him.
    Catch up with Damian in this ALL-NEW FREE 8-page preview of Patrick Gleason's (BATMAN AND ROBIN) ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1!

Full preview here.

I wish I had a Goliath whistle.

Might have be my favorite preview yet. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Damian was spot on, and the tone fits him perfectly. Plus the art is super pretty.

So it looks like NoBody is back alive and will be a villain for Damien... I'm digging all of that.

Fantastic Member

Oh, man. I wasn't expecting to want to get this, but it's looking really in sync with Tomasi's Batman and Robin run, which I loved (and in no small part for Gleason's wonderful art).

Pulpy and fun and full of character. I might have to pick this one up.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Now there's the Damian I remember! I loved everything about this preview and I'm really looking forward to the actual book. I second the Goliath whistle. DC should make some as freebies to give away.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-20-2015 at 03:11 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Not really wowed by it. And thanks to newsarama I can't help but smirk at "Damian S.O.B."

Everything here looks amazing. Damian is great, Goliath looks great, and we got a new Nobody, which is great.

I haven't really red much stuff with damian in it, is the "year of blood" just his time with league of assassins before talia revealed his existence to bruce, or something else?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I haven't really red much stuff with damian in it, is the "year of blood" just his time with league of assassins before talia revealed his existence to bruce, or something else?
    I'm going to guess that it is but I'm not certain myself.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I imagine that the "Year of Blood" will be explained in the first story arc, these sneak peeks are designed as teasers. Gleason has said that he plans on exploring Damian's stories that relate life before Batman and that the series will have little to do with Gotham City or that cast of characters. This is Damian out on his own exploring what being the both a son of Batman and a son of an Al Ghul means, and how it defines who he is going forward. So if I had to venture a guess, then it probably is League of Assassin/Talia related as the phrase has never popped up before.

Nice action scene.

I thought damian telling the old monk to shut up was a bit off. Its one thing the mouth off to your allies, but he needs to learn to respect his elders!

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Might have be my favorite preview yet. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Damian was spot on, and the tone fits him perfectly. Plus the art is super pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Oh, man. I wasn't expecting to want to get this, but it's looking really in sync with Tomasi's Batman and Robin run, which I loved (and in no small part for Gleason's wonderful art).

Pulpy and fun and full of character. I might have to pick this one up.
    I too was pleasantly surprised. Will be checking this out, now.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

As I mentioned on the other thread, any doubts I may have had about Gleason's writing are now gone. This was a most welcome surprise, he got Damian's voice perfectly and that's no easy task. The sci-if action adventure tone is just right for the character, too.

And the art remains fantastic as always. Just wish we'd see Titus, Bat-Cow and Alfred the cat join Damian...

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    So it looks like NoBody is back alive and will be a villain for Damien... I'm digging all of that.
    The solicit for issue #3 state it's NoBody II, so it might be his son or daughter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    As I mentioned on the other thread, any doubts I may have had about Gleason's writing are now gone. This was a most welcome surprise, he got Damian's voice perfectly and that's no easy task. The sci-if action adventure tone is just right for the character, too.

And the art remains fantastic as always. Just wish we'd see Titus, Bat-Cow and Alfred the cat join Damian...

The solicit for issue #3 state it's NoBody II, so it might be his son or daughter.
    Or Talia. That's where my head went, anyway.

Obviously a young lady Ducard is a pretty logical and thematically appropriate notion, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com