Page 365 of 808 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by jowawill View Post
    Hey so, just out of curiosity, do we know whether or not this book is being renewed, cancelled or just continuing to run as is? I saw that she isn't expected to show up in any of the new X-books next year and, frankly, I find that a little troubling. I know Taylor said he's "in this for the long haul" but you know how writers can be about that sort of thing (not that I don't want to believe him).
    She's in the X-Men Prime one-shot. All-New Wolverine is safe and I wouldn't be surprised if she's on X-Men Blue too, which has some unrevealed characters including at least one female.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Looks like the announcement was regarding Justice League/Power Rangers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    He DID indicate on his FB that he was giving an interview where the game of art team musical chairs on ANW would be addressed, but I've no idea when that's supposed to be posting, or where.

Some spoilers about the Logan movie inside. Has some stuff about Laura as well. Pretty interesting. BUT READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. https://www.inverse.com/article/2496...mpaign=desktop

Also I've seen comments on other sites that the movie takes place in 2029. Six years after the epilogue of DOFP.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 12-10-2016 at 01:01 AM.

BANNED

Some spoilers about the Logan movie inside. Has some stuff about Laura as well. Pretty interesting. BUT READ A YOUR OWN RISK. https://www.inverse.com/article/2496...mpaign=desktop

Also I've seen comments on other sites that the movie takes place in 2029. Six years after the epilogue of DOFP.
    6 years would make more sense, at least as far as a window for things to go to **** for mutants again.

As to the article, I don't know that it really spoils all that much. But tagging just for the sake of others:

spoilers:
    Nice that they're confirming the foot claws. Also, I wonder if the backpack is going to be like the one she had in Target X, in that it mainly has her personal effects, and mementos of her mother (IE her letter, and the copy of Pinocchio. I'd REALLY like to see a reference to both, especially since the latter is thematically meaningful). I REALLY like what they're noting about her not having a lot of actual dialogue in the first act. The comics version definitely calls for her to have a quiet intensity, speaking more with a look or body language than words. I wonder if Keen can pull off Jackman's scowl? It'd be a great way to show that their characters are related, and bonus points if there's a shot of Logan and Laura standing together, glaring down a bunch of mooks with their claws out and you can SEE their kinship in their expression (loved that bit in All-New Wolverine #1 where Laura and Logan had many of the same facial ticks).

There's not much about her fighting style (except for it sounding like she's going to be a veritable whirlwind of death and mayhem) but I hope they keep her and Logan distinct from one another. I've always liked that Laura is generally depicted as much more technical, precise, and graceful to take advantage of her lighter build and speed, especially since she doesn't have his raw durability. They can both be savage, but Laura really ought to be much more of a ballerina compared to Logan's brawler. What little we saw of her fighting in the teaser does seem to suggest she'll be taking more advantage of her size and speed the way she was kind of jumping between the mooks, using one as a springboard to pounce on the next, so that seems hopeful.

Gabriela is listed as Elizabeth Rodriguez's character on IMDB, and I know many were speculating that she was playing Sarah Kinney, so it sounds like if Xavier notes she's NOT Laura's mother, then that's not the case. However if she's going to be Laura Kinney in the films, then Sarah must exist in some form. Perhaps Sarah died breaking Laura out as per the books, but instead of being left to her own devices after Sarah's death, Gabriela was a friend/associate collaborating with her?

As for no mutants born in the last 25 years: That would put the last birth c.1999 or 2004, depending on whether 2024 or 2029 is the correct date. This would be at odds with the epilogue of Days of Future Past, as it would be IMPOSSIBLE for there to have been children at the school younger than 19 in 2023, assuming the latter date. That's clearly not the case, as we see plenty of students younger than that in the film. Twenty years would work better, as that would move the last birth up to c. 2009 assuming the film is set in 2029, which makes the youngest possible mutant 14 during the 2023 epilogue. That better fits what we see in DoFP.
    end of spoilers

All in all, lots of great information, without giving all that much away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    6 years would make more sense, at least as far as a window for things to go to **** for mutants again.

As to the article, I don't know that it really spoils all that much. But tagging just for the sake of others:

spoilers:
    Nice that they're confirming the foot claws. Also, I wonder if the backpack is going to be like the one she had in Target X, in that it mainly has her personal effects, and mementos of her mother (IE her letter, and the copy of Pinocchio. I'd REALLY like to see a reference to both, especially since the latter is thematically meaningful). I REALLY like what they're noting about her not having a lot of actual dialogue in the first act. The comics version definitely calls for her to have a quiet intensity, speaking more with a look or body language than words. I wonder if Keen can pull off Jackman's scowl? It'd be a great way to show that their characters are related, and bonus points if there's a shot of Logan and Laura standing together, glaring down a bunch of mooks with their claws out and you can SEE their kinship in their expression (loved that bit in All-New Wolverine #1 where Laura and Logan had many of the same facial ticks).

There's not much about her fighting style (except for it sounding like she's going to be a veritable whirlwind of death and mayhem) but I hope they keep her and Logan distinct from one another. I've always liked that Laura is generally depicted as much more technical, precise, and graceful to take advantage of her lighter build and speed, especially since she doesn't have his raw durability. They can both be savage, but Laura really ought to be much more of a ballerina compared to Logan's brawler. What little we saw of her fighting in the teaser does seem to suggest she'll be taking more advantage of her size and speed the way she was kind of jumping between the mooks, using one as a springboard to pounce on the next, so that seems hopeful.

Gabriela is listed as Elizabeth Rodriguez's character on IMDB, and I know many were speculating that she was playing Sarah Kinney, so it sounds like if Xavier notes she's NOT Laura's mother, then that's not the case. However if she's going to be Laura Kinney in the films, then Sarah must exist in some form. Perhaps Sarah died breaking Laura out as per the books, but instead of being left to her own devices after Sarah's death, Gabriela was a friend/associate collaborating with her?

As for no mutants born in the last 25 years: That would put the last birth c.1999 or 2004, depending on whether 2024 or 2029 is the correct date. This would be at odds with the epilogue of Days of Future Past, as it would be IMPOSSIBLE for there to have been children at the school younger than 19 in 2023, assuming the latter date. That's clearly not the case, as we see plenty of students younger than that in the film. Twenty years would work better, as that would move the last birth up to c. 2009 assuming the film is set in 2029, which makes the youngest possible mutant 14 during the 2023 epilogue. That better fits what we see in DoFP.
    end of spoilers

All in all, lots of great information, without giving all that much away.
    Actually. 20 years is the number that is being thrown around. I think 25 was honestly either a typo by the writer or maybe they just misheard!

BANNED

Actually. 20 years is the number that is being thrown around. I think 25 was honestly either a typo by the writer or maybe they just misheard!
    Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. Especially if they move the setting back to 2029 rather than 2024.

New interview with Taylor about the new volume, costume, and arc.

I'm probably going to be the only person who'll miss the old costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    New interview with Taylor about the new volume, costume, and arc.

I'm probably going to be the only person who'll miss the old costume .
    I'll miss it as well, but we still have (hopefully) a few more issues with it until we have this new one!

x-force colors!

Laura always did look better in the Silver n Black

The story sounds kinda meh though
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I like the color scheme, but not a big fan of the cowl yet again.

Glad the yellow/blue is going bye bye.

I agree the story sounds meh. Can't say I'm excited.

Sooooo who's going to be the one to tell Jonathan that the book isn't about him?

I sure as hell am not telling him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I like the color scheme, but not a big fan of the cowl yet again.

Glad the yellow/blue is going bye bye.

I agree the story sounds meh. Can't say I'm excited.
    I'm at least giving the story a chance, as it does have potential. Remember the early "Orphan Black Rip-Off" criticisms the Four Sisters arc got when the first details began to emerge.

Still wishing we'll get answers some day as to the identity of the Hooded Woman from the Liu series, tho. That was a pretty big loose end.