Page 796 of 808 FirstFirst ... 296696746786792793794795796797798799800806 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    The way it was written, can you really blame them?

Not at all. The relationship has very few, if any redeeming qualities. Even their appreciation thread here on CBR just boils down to “because they look good together.” But that being said, Warren -is- Laura’s first official boyfriend so there should be some kind of closure to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Not at all. The relationship has very few, if any redeeming qualities. Even their appreciation thread here on CBR just boils down to “because they look good together.” But that being said, Warren -is- Laura’s first official boyfriend so there should be some kind of closure to the story.
    Some sort of interaction would have been nice. Maybe we will get a flashback in the new series

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I thought the helicopter ride in Orphans was them kinda amicably moving on in that both of them knew they were moving on and there was no need of the usual "We should see other people" "Im dumping you" ect ect
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    Some sort of interaction would have been nice. Maybe we will get a flashback in the new series
    Well it would be nice if they endeavored to re-frame it into something that is narratively functional for the character, and not leave it forever a "WTF?".
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I thought the helicopter ride in Orphans was them kinda amicably moving on in that both of them knew they were moving on and there was no need of the usual "We should see other people" "Im dumping you" ect ect
    While it could be interpreted that way, we have no actual idea if that is what Taylor intended. Readers shouldn’t have to fill in the blanks like this. We don’t actually have any on panel evidence that their relationship ended. While Warren was flirting with other women, that just might make him a scumbag. Doesn’t necessarily mean they broke up.

BANNED

468003E4-6863-4B49-AD16-622F845A732F.jpg

Full statue reveal. Laura’s been doing some serious crunches.

I like the pose and the costume is ok, but I don’t like the face. The face kind of made it a pass for me.

BANNED

I have both comiquette versions as well as both the Bowen ones. So this is a must for me. The only statues I don't have of her is the one where she fight Lady Deathstrike (?) the group X-Force one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    468003E4-6863-4B49-AD16-622F845A732F.jpg

Full statue reveal. Laura’s been doing some serious crunches.
    Looks great! Laura looks lethal and fit.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm injoying red. Unfortunately Laura didn't have much to say or do in this last one.

Spectacular Member

I feel like the new X-23 series is a step back not only for Laura but the Stepford Sisters as well. They finally found their own voices and now to revert back to square one is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    I feel like the new X-23 series is a step back not only for Laura but the Stepford Sisters as well. They finally found their own voices and now to revert back to square one is just sad.
    I disagree. I liked Laura's voice and think going back to x-23 will be good for the character. The cuckoos also have their slight bickerings where their personalities come out and I am finding them interesting to read. I am excited to find out what's going on with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    Its issue ONE.

For all we know -- the Cuckoos reverting to their old habits is part of the narrative, and not just preferential artistic licensing.
    They may even revert, yet again, to their separate Bendis-era aesthetics by the arc's conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its issue ONE.

For all we know -- the Cuckoos reverting to their old habits is part of the narrative, and not just preferential artistic licensing.
    They may even revert, yet again, to their separate Bendis-era aesthetics by the arc's conclusion.
    What exactly was the impetus for their "individuality" anyway?
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    What exactly was the impetus for their "individuality" anyway?
    None?

Mindee cut and dyed her hair because "individuality".
    Celeste was outraged.
    Phoebe eventually dyed hers red.