Page 87 of 808 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 12112

Are we sure we read the same thing? Becasue this issue reminded me a LOT from the X-Force days, albeit less messy
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

BANNED

So do they hang any lampshades on the idea of Laura getting glam'ed up? You'd think that would be good for a chuckle or two.

I would argue that, besides maybe a few minor lines, Black Widow 11 has the best written X-23 we've seen in a while. She displays tactical prowess along with her fighting skill, and the one panel even showcases her superhuman agility when she easily out jumps Black Widow while chasing a helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So do they hang any lampshades on the idea of Laura getting glam'ed up? You'd think that would be good for a chuckle or two.
    They have a shot of her taking off the earings and the high heels, as if saying "no, she's not going to fight with THAT"
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

Quote Originally Posted by javi150190 View Post
    Are we sure we read the same thing? Becasue this issue reminded me a LOT from the X-Force days, albeit less messy
    heh ask the guys who thought that she was dead. Oh wait....

I agree with javi here.
    The "Howdy, fellas." was unfitting but the rest of the dialogue was fine in my opinion.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by javi150190 View Post
    Because in X Force she was all "Yo Nat i got this!". The only thing that it has going for it is that it was kind of violent.

So Galerion I ended up finishing the little project I started off in the X-Position page. I am so sorry that it took so long; I tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist. Damn you fonts and speech bubbles!!!!! Anyway I hope I captured Laura's voice right. Hopefully nobody confuses this with an actual issue. I can always make some tweaks.

That is how you write Laura.jpg

enjoy!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    So Galerion I ended up finishing the little project I started off in the X-Position page. I am so sorry that it took so long; I tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist. Damn you fonts and speech bubbles!!!!! Anyway I hope I captured Laura's voice right. Hopefully nobody confuses this with an actual issue. I can always make some tweaks.

enjoy!
    I totally thought it was the real issue, thinking to myself "Huh, that's actually... an X-23 I recognize, for a change."

Great job! I actually liked it. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

enjoy!
    Bendis will turn green after reading this, epic job!

enjoy!
    I want to be honest here. This is the most awesome thing ever. That is just perfect and how it should be. Somebody should really send this to Bendis.
    And the next issue thing is just pure gold.

Thanks you guys. I spent a while reading a couple of issues of X-23 and X-Men Season One just so I can get their voices right. I really like to thank somacula for getting me on the right track with his starting script. Originally I was going to make fun of the whole shipping thing this series has with Next Issue: The Shipping Wars Part II, ready the cannons! However after seeing the post for Exodus and the controversy BMB brought I decided to stick with that instead. The hardest part about doing this is the placement of the Speech Bubbles (along with text) and warping them to fit the scene. I wanted to give a good reason for Laura being angry at Warren instead of just the I am angry because I am a Wolverine-Expy that some writers tend to put her in. It's amazing how I hit the mark with just 3 words. I thought I wasn't giving her enough Justice. Also Angel's ending thought bubble was going to say how his love life will always be doomed or his life in general since he never catches a break. Still waiting for Laura to mention that they were in a kill squad together and commissioned by Scott.

BANNED

So, anyone going to post up a recap and review for BW#11? *Looks at MM*

I could do a quick recap but I have to get to work in a few minutes so I don't have the time for it.

Having just read Black Widow #11 I'm not really seeing much improvement.
    This whole being angry thing is just stupid, writers should really stop that. The dialogue isn't all that great either.

I've come to realise I'm disliking to heavily disliking most of Marvel's output these days. I think there isn't a single main storyline worth much of anything so I think I'm just going to quit them entirely once Superior Foes of Spider-Man finishes up.
    I just can't take this level of "quality" anymore. I sincerely hope that one day everything X-Men from Schism to now will be retconned or excised out of continuity in some way. The writing in the main books and their storylines have just been mediocre to terrible.
    It's a shame too since some of the smaller, more independent X-books have been quite good. But I can't block out the other stuff and pretend it's not happening and feeling sad every week when new comics are released gets old really fast.
    You were a great character once X-23, shame it had to turn out like this.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I want to be honest here. This is the most awesome thing ever. That is just perfect and how it should be. Somebody should really send this to Bendis.
    And the next issue thing is just pure gold.
    Yes! Please send it to Bendis, please!

The more I stare at it, the more awful character-assassinating, cringe-worthy Bendis-speak I hear. -_- I don't want to know what it ACTUALLY says, lol. Izanami's is so much better.

Also, Izanami, when X-23 speaks, it's blunt and to the point, so I think stripping down the dialogue for her was a good choice. I thought Angel's thought bubbles/dialogue were spot-on, haha. What a self-centered guy.

As for X-23's "angry teen stereotype, grr I'm grrl-wolverine" voice lately, I'm just wondering... would fans prefer that she not be used at all?

'Cos I personally think you're lucky your favorite character's getting any page time at all. The situation could be much worse, in my opinion!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007