Page 645 of 808 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655695745 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 12112
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Gabby the tron wolverine, this is wonderfull. I guess it will be a 4 issue story. The final journey bit is a bit ominous i hope this isn't the final arc.
    To be fair the book was getting aimless.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

As an aside, it's going to be refreshing to see Marvel give us a GOOD future for a change. It's a nice change of pace from the dystopian shitholes things are usually destined to turn into.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As an aside, it's going to be refreshing to see Marvel give us a GOOD future for a change. It's a nice change of pace from the dystopian shitholes things are usually destined to turn into.
    True but hey when everything is happy things are boring it's the standard mentality of comics really.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I don't trust Utopia's in general...behind the sheen there's always grime. Plus the idea of Laura being Queen is really left field. She's never been that much of a Daenerys Targaryen...she's more of a Jon Snow.

I wonder if this is the Arc that Taylor made comments regarding the Hellion appearance/cameo/status. Could an older Julian be the big bad for this arc? Could he had died to bring about the Utopia? Is he apart of the royal harem?

We just don't know.

We just don't know.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    the descriptions give the vibe the book is ending, doesn't it?
    Tom Taylor's tweets about the book would discredit that notion. He said there's going to be another heavy arc after the mini one. Plus, he planned a Kate Bishop/Laura Kinney team-up as a sequel to Thompson's solo issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I don't trust Utopia's in general...behind the sheen there's always grime. Plus the idea of Laura being Queen is really left field. She's never been that much of a Daenerys Targaryen...she's more of a Jon Snow.

I wonder if this is the Arc that Taylor made comments regarding the Hellion appearance/cameo/status. Could an older Julian be the big bad for this arc? Could he had died to bring about the Utopia? Is he apart of the royal harem?

We just don't know.

We just don't know.
    I REALLY hope this isn't the one to bring him up. It would sap the meaning right out of any exploration of their frielationship if they were to do it in an AU future. Unless they tie it back to the present day somehow (IE the story is Laura given a vision of the future that leads her to reconnecting in the present day).

I REALLY hope this isn't the one to bring him up. It would sap the meaning right out of any exploration of their frielationship if they were to do it in an AU future. Unless they tie it back to the present day somehow (IE the story is Laura given a vision of the future that leads her to reconnecting in the present day).
    But that's the thing with these AU futures....you don't bring them in unless they tie into the present. Odds are this story sets up the next big arc: The Once and Future Laura....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

A future where there is peace involving a mutant heroine?

It is possible?

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

I know I am likely in the minority on this comment, but I am not all that excited about the "Old Woman Laura" story arc. Future story's, while some are good, are often ignored continuity-wise post-story. I dunno. We'll wait and see. Meantime, I am going to town on NEW X-MEN: CHILDHOOD'S END Vol. 1..
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Ok so an OML type story...meh. it may be written well but like when old man logan came out originally it was just a self contained alt story(where it should have stayed) and that final story line just means its old lauras last. I doubt ANW will end. At least not yet
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarifically Delusional View Post
    I know I am likely in the minority on this comment, but I am not all that excited about the "Old Woman Laura" story arc. Future story's, while some are good, are often ignored continuity-wise post-story. I dunno. We'll wait and see. Meantime, I am going to town on NEW X-MEN: CHILDHOOD'S END Vol. 1..
    With how much time displaced crossovers happen lately, it wouldn't surprise me if this arc came back into play eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Ok so an OML type story...meh. it may be written well but like when old man logan came out originally it was just a self contained alt story(where it should have stayed) and that final story line just means its old lauras last. I doubt ANW will end. At least not yet
    Except it's clearly being advertised as not being like Old Man Logan at all. Instead of a post apocalyptic world where Logan quit being a hero because of a disaster, Laura's living in a well off world and simply retired to do something else.

I won't say I'm super excited for Old Woman Laura, but I look forward to learning more.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Except it's clearly being advertised as not being like Old Man Logan at all. Instead of a post apocalyptic world where Logan quit being a hero because of a disaster, Laura's living in a well off world and simply retired to do something else.

I won't say I'm super excited for Old Woman Laura, but I look forward to learning more.
    I meant like i said an alt future story. Thats why i said simular
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

I personally thought that "Old Lady Laura" sounds way better than "Old Woman Laura"

Spectacular Member

Also just realised that the anagram for Old Woman Laura is O.W.L.