Page 338 of 808 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 12112
    Spectacular Member

All good news really excited to see to see her in the movies ,I hope they she appears again, and more important I hope fox dose her character right.

Celebration time!

I don't trust Fox to do her character justice, but I'll be reluctantly optimistic.

Amazing Member

She seems an incredibly young pick for the role. Here's hoping they don't mess up her origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    For those not following the Wolverine 3 thread, The Wrap is confirming that actress, fencer, and gymnast Sienna Novikov will be playing X-23. They're also stating that Richard E. Grant will be playing Zander Rice, and NOT Mr. Sinister.
    Love this news. It's really happening! X-23 is going to make her silver screen debut. It would be the next step in quite a journey. She began as some secondary character in an episode of X-men Evolution. Now, she's taken on Logan's mantle in the comics. The next logical step is for her to join the movies like the rest of the X-men's A-listers. I love it and I can't wait for a trailer.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

She does seem a bit young to be joining X-force, and possibly the X-Men. But Laura was only 13-14 when she joined up in the comics. With Reynolds playing off of a child killing machine, they could come up with some pretty funny stuff in a R rated movie.

It will be interesting to see if they tie her to Cable in some way to get them both back into the Deadpool/X-Men timelines.

Interested to see Dr. Zander Rice in the movie, I guess this was what everyone thought would be Sinister? Seems they are going full on with the whole X-23 storyline and she won't just be a side story in a bigger picture which bodes well for the idea of her maybe taking on the Wolverine role when Jackman bows out, she's young but she'll grow up fast in terms of when they are making these movies and Laura is a young character who has been through and seen a lot at such a young age so I think starting her off young and explaining her origins is good and creates more sympathy for her as a girl who was tortured then gained her freedom then is left to figure out the world she never knew because she grew up in a lab.

I'm feeling good about the whole thing at this point regardless of the potential for studio sillyness, they pulled off Deadpool in a way that made everyone happy so they are capable of listening to fans, this is just something I never imagined would happen so I'm happy to see a character that means a lot to me and people here getting the chance to be on the big screen and reach people who are maybe not as familiar with her background. Often when a character appears in Film or TV their profile blows up and people want to buy the comics and learn more so I'm positive about getting new fans that can be turned on to her books and other great stories she's been in like NYX and New X Men.

I feel like Marvel were fully aware of this and that's why they have been releasing new books collecting X-23 related comics lol.
    Last edited by Moondoggie; 10-11-2016 at 05:30 AM.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

The difference is, Ryan Reynolds sacrificed having a higher budget so he could have creative control of Deadpool. And Reynolds is a Deadpool fan. That movie was made by a fan, for the fans.. It was not a studio creation like the X-Men movies have largely been. So Deadpool is more an anomaly and not a litmus fear of what Fox is capable of.

I haven't really cared for most of the X-Men films. Days of Future Past was probably the one I enjoyed the most, but it's far from one of my favorite comic book movies. Age of Apocalypse was OK but still had far too much stupidity in it and could have been improved. Fox's track record is not good for me.

I think Marvel studios and Deadpool's successes made the studio realize they need to up their game. I'm confident the movie will be better than the first Wolverine film. I'm not entirely confident that X-23 will be written in way I find satisfying. But I'm not going to bash anything until I see it. I'm not going to set high expectations before that either, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    The difference is, Ryan Reynolds sacrificed having a higher budget so he could have creative control of Deadpool. And Reynolds is a Deadpool fan. That movie was made by a fan, for the fans.. It was not a studio creation like the X-Men movies have largely been. So Deadpool is more an anomaly and not a litmus fear of what Fox is capable of.

I haven't really cared for most of the X-Men films. Days of Future Past was probably the one I enjoyed the most, but it's far from one of my favorite comic book movies. Age of Apocalypse was OK but still had far too much stupidity in it and could have been improved. Fox's track record is not good for me.

I think Marvel studios and Deadpool's successes made the studio realize they need to up their game. I'm confident the movie will be better than the first Wolverine film. I'm not entirely confident that X-23 will be written in way I find satisfying. But I'm not going to bash anything until I see it. I'm not going to set high expectations before that either, though.
    If anything, Deadpool should be an indication of how they should approach the films going forward: Let the people who know the material do their jobs. It was too late for them to apply those lessons to Apocalypse, since both films were largely in some stage of production at the same time. Logan is probably the first film that has the opportunity to benefit from this. We'll see what happens.

I figure being slightly optimistic is better, it could all go to hell still I was excited about Suicide Squad and about Jubilee in X Men: Apocalypse and was screwed over on both counts by the cinema release because much like video game DLC apparently now they withhold content from the cinema release >.<. Yeah with Deadpool it was a case of people being all in for the project and getting Fox to trust them to do things their way and it worked, they are already making waves about the whole R rating again like in the Deadpool marketing so I think they saw that and thought "Hey y'know letting them do what needs to be done worked" so maybe with Logan they'll be more open to things being bought to the table as the content goes.

Yeah it could all turn out terrible but the other Wolverine movies set a low bar so it doesn't have far to jump.

Please don't **** it up Fox, please...
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Please don't **** it up Fox, please...
    That is on everyone's mind

My motto is , if you keep your expectations low enough you can't be disappointed.

I expected Suicide Squad to suck horribly. I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't -as bad- as I anticipated. Fabulous? No. But not Wolverine: Origins level of suck either.

Well nothing is going to be Wolverine:Origins level that's like Spawn or Daredevil.

Or Batman vs Superman.