Page 581 of 808 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631681 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Unless she losses the adamantium in one of her feet, I'm gonna have to call bull@#$% on that.
    It looks like the claw is going through the metal helmet, so it's got to be adamantium.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Ridiculous. This is Magneto. He’d be able to sense all of the adamantium in her body. I’m also calling bullshit.
    Can he detect metal that precisely by just being around it, or does he have to "search" for it, if that makes any sense? And would being around other metal cloud his perception?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

The only thing I could think of is if Magneto was only directing his power on her hands and ignoring her feet, since those were the only claws out until she kicked him. So it's PLAUSIBLE she could get the drop on him in such circumstances, but it would require MASSIVE PIS on his part.

Without more context it's impossible to say what's really happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The only thing I could think of is if Magneto was only directing his power on her hands and ignoring her feet, since those were the only claws out until she kicked him. So it's PLAUSIBLE she could get the drop on him in such circumstances, but it would require MASSIVE PIS on his part.

Without more context it's impossible to say what's really happening.
    We'll it was never stated that he was back at full power yet and he never met her befor, so he probally didn't know about the foot claw if her fights with taskmaster and World war hulk are any indication most people just assume that since she's logans clone so she only has claws in her hands. So there is some logic. Also if this is during Phoenix ressurexion I'm 99 percent sure He'd be more concerned with the giant bird of cosmic fire with the power of life and death then metal in the her foot.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Hints about the title:

-that's definitely a kill shot so I doubt that's the real Magneto

-Mags is wearing his underwear on the outside, another hint to whatever the hell this is

-we can already eliminate Weapon X, All-New Wolverine, and (most likely) Gold.

-we don't know enough about what's coming next in Astonishing, Blue or the new title that Taylor is writing to safely eliminate the books
    I think you are right about this not being the real Magneto. His costume doesn't look like his current one. We don't know what book this takes place in. If it takes place during X-Men Blue's time travel arc it could be that Magneto simply doesn't recognize her. It still wouldn't explain how magneto doesn't sense all her adamantum though. I guess it could take place in the Mojo arc and Mojo doesn't recognize her, but I doubt that. Mojo seems to recognize the teen 05, and Laura was part of their team.

It's also possible this Mags may just be an imposter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Attachment 56779

They always forget about the foot claw
    That foot claw is ridiculously long. Not sure how it would even retract into her foot at that length.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That foot claw is ridiculously long. Not sure how it would even retract into her foot at that length.
    It doesn't really look any more ridiculous than the length Logan or Laura's hand claws are often drawn. Those would have a hard time retracting also. I'm not saying your wrong, it is ridiculous, but that's often how any Wolverine's claws are drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have heard a theory that her foot claws actually retract into her lower legs, like how her hand ones are actually stored in her forearms when retracted. That would mean that she'd have to straighten her foot in relation to her leg to extend/retract them, but I could see it being plausible. (Ostensibly, Dafne Keen made a motion like this in Logan when Laura popped her foot claws in the fight at the smelting plant, but I never did notice that.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

On a semi unrelated note as a Gambit fan is it worth reading Mlui's x23 run where he is tagging along? I thought it may be worth asking in this forum rather than Gambits as this thread would probably be more familiar with that run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    On a semi unrelated note as a Gambit fan is it worth reading Mlui's x23 run where he is tagging along? I thought it may be worth asking in this forum rather than Gambits as this thread would probably be more familiar with that run.
    It's a good run, since it is an X-23 book, you are probably not in for the best Gambit experience. If I remember correctly his primary role is very mentor/parent-like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Ridiculous. This is Magneto. He’d be able to sense all of the adamantium in her body. I’m also calling bullshit.
    Considering she only has adamantium in her hands and feet. Plus, considering the kind of work they do, I wouldn't put it past any of the X-Men save those with super-durability to be walking around with armored boots.

That said I dont think it's Magneto either, for one I think it's unlikely Marvel would let Magneto get killed like this, secondly they wouldn't spoil it in this manner either. Plus they are right now running with a Mojo-world story where they get put up against old foes that arent real... like tweenclops also blasted a Magneto to oblivion recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I think you are right about this not being the real Magneto. His costume doesn't look like his current one. We don't know what book this takes place in. If it takes place during X-Men Blue's time travel arc it could be that Magneto simply doesn't recognize her. It still wouldn't explain how magneto doesn't sense all her adamantum though. I guess it could take place in the Mojo arc and Mojo doesn't recognize her, but I doubt that. Mojo seems to recognize the teen 05, and Laura was part of their team.

It's also possible this Mags may just be an imposter.
    If it's Magneto from the past, there's no reason for Laura to be there. She's not with X-Men Blue, they already have another Wolverine. It's probably safe to rule that book out.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-24-2017 at 03:39 AM.

You know, couldn't Laura have her adamantium claws taken out and reinserted in herself whenever she wants? She'd need so,embody like Beast to get them back in, but that could explain how she's fighting Magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I have heard a theory that her foot claws actually retract into her lower legs, like how her hand ones are actually stored in her forearms when retracted. That would mean that she'd have to straighten her foot in relation to her leg to extend/retract them, but I could see it being plausible. (Ostensibly, Dafne Keen made a motion like this in Logan when Laura popped her foot claws in the fight at the smelting plant, but I never did notice that.)
    You can see the foot flick pretty clearly in this TV spot (about 8 seconds in):

It's also evident from the clip of her surgery from Gabriella's phone, since you can see cuts down her lower legs like those in her arms.

It actually makes more sense for the claws to be stored in her legs rather than the feet, since they're a development of her hand claws.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It looks like the claw is going through the metal helmet, so it's got to be adamantium.

Can he detect metal that precisely by just being around it, or does he have to "search" for it, if that makes any sense? And would being around other metal cloud his perception?
    Magneto has always shown an awareness of even minuscule amounts of metal around him. He can sense it just by being around it. If Magneto really intended to restrain Laura, he’d definitely not ignore her feet.

Between the fact that she’s obviously killing him and it’s an idiotic move on his part that the real Magneto wouldn’t make, there’s no way this is the real Mags.

It is a great time to be an X-23 fan as a Spinoff Officially In Development As Script Is Being Written
    Read more at http://omegaunderground.com/x-23-spi...fMXe6qIM5ru.99