Page 664 of 808 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As did I.

In fact, I'm trying to remember when the last time she got to play a significant role in ANY major event. Everything I can think of since Second Coming she's been shoveled off to tie-ins, or only getting a panel here or there.
    Would Generations count?

As the current Wolverine, and more importantly Logan's DAUGHTER (they both acknowledge it, and there's the paperwork to prove it) if she doesn't have a significant part to play in this it's a complete foul on Marvel's part. Which would be par for the course considering how badly they dropped the ball on her being Wolverine in the first place.
    Thought that the adoption was planned but never officially processed before Logan died?

Incidentally, Kyle has weighed in on Laura's Wolverine future, and if it was his choice he'd Laura would just go by her name and not use a code name at all. Taylor appears to concur.
    Wonder if the rebranding was Marvel's decision?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Thought that the adoption was planned but never officially processed before Logan died?
    I don't know if they ever said for sure. Logan DID bring it up in a flashback in the Liu series, so it was at least discussed well before his death.

Wonder if the rebranding was Marvel's decision?
    I'm sure that played a role in the development. Honestly, the whole thing was just shoddily done, and that's a big part of what I think hamstrung it.

The first mistake was we never got to SEE the moment where she became Wolverine. Soule hinted at it in Wolverines when Fantomelle gave her one of Logan's costumes, but they should have done a storyline that actually showed the process she went through of deciding to take up the cowl. Having her begin as Wolverine immediately after Secret Wars robbed it of any meaning, as well as cheating on showing us WHY she did it, or what she did to earn it (that sudden promotion is one of the handful of criticisms I do agree with. It needed to be built up better).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 02-14-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Maybe they could do an issue where she tells Gabby how she came to take the mantle... thus, we see it in flashback?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Her trying to do her own thing makes scense. And might be good dependent on how she relinquish the title. Also there no point in having a code name if the entire public knows who you are.
    Yeah, Laura doesn't actually have a secret identity, everyone knows she and Gabby are superheroes. So they could call the book X-23, but in story she'd just be Laura Kinney.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2018 at 05:12 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Hey check out this comic for All New Wolverine that I found on Tumblr,
    http://comickergirl.tumblr.com/post/...ke-comic-for-a

Quote Originally Posted by Darzefader View Post
    I genuinely enjoyed that. ha.

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

Super cute, Digifiend! Thank you! It was just what I needed as I sit here in NC amidst the 5th day-in-a-row of cloudy grey weather! #lauragotdis
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Pretty funny. It even reads like it could be deleted scene from the series.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

I don't know if they ever said for sure. Logan DID bring it up in a flashback in the Liu series, so it was at least discussed well before his death.

I'm sure that played a role in the development. Honestly, the whole thing was just shoddily done, and that's a big part of what I think hamstrung it.

The first mistake was we never got to SEE the moment where she became Wolverine. Soule hinted at it in Wolverines when Fantomelle gave her one of Logan's costumes, but they should have done a storyline that actually showed the process she went through of deciding to take up the cowl. Having her begin as Wolverine immediately after Secret Wars robbed it of any meaning, as well as cheating on showing us WHY she did it, or what she did to earn it (that sudden promotion is one of the handful of criticisms I do agree with. It needed to be built up better).
    You make a good case, one which I am behind you 100%. Marvel had the best opportunity to do a one-shot perhaps, depicting Laura's journey as she took over as Wolverine. I mean, seriously? Marvel anymore seems to do these rubbish events and mini-series, yet with this tale, they dropped the frakking ball! Tom Taylor seems to be doing okay for Marvel, perhaps with Axel Alonso no longer in charge, maybe it still be done, like a special story for an annual or something like that.
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Yeah, that's the scene I was thinking of. As the scene pointed out, they related to each other as family (so the paperwork was really just a formality), but I didn't recall there ever being anything else shown onscreen

Wasn't there a six month gap between the end of Secret Wars and the beginning All New, All Different? Maybe any though of explaining how and when she decided to do it was a casualty of that? I suppose you could connect the dots between her comments to Doctor Strange and her flashback story in the Logan's Legacy mini. (I think the promotion makes sense all things considered, but I can buy if connective tissue was lacking.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

That was funny and adorable, as though we could expect anything less from Gabby. Tumblr sometimes turns out some impressive little gems. This is definitely one of them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

It's here. Haven't worked on it in a while, though, and am not sure when/if I'll be able to get back to it again.
    It took sometime but I found a way to access Fanfiction.net. I'll let you know my thoughts on your work as soon as possible.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarifically Delusional View Post
    Super cute, Digifiend! Thank you! It was just what I needed as I sit here in NC amidst the 5th day-in-a-row of cloudy grey weather! #lauragotdis
    I didn't post that, Darzefader did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I didn't post that, Darzefader did.
    Just as a point of fact, I didn't make the comic, I just found it on Tumblr, the real credits go to ComikerGirl on Tumblr.

BANNED

Sounds like we'll find out the Meta reason Taylor needed Laura on X-Men Red in May. There's a connection between Laura and Jean (my guess is it's something to do with Logan) that will become apparent, then.

Astonishing Member

Sounds like we'll find out the Meta reason Taylor needed Laura on X-Men Red in May. There's a connection between Laura and Jean (my guess is it's something to do with Logan) that will become apparent, then.
    Maybe the'll have Jean explane why Logan made no effort to find her. Or Laura understandings how Jean feals being stalked and cotroled by the Phoenix for so long.