Page 794 of 808 FirstFirst ... 294694744784790791792793794795796797798804 ... LastLast
Results 11,896 to 11,910 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm betting that Esme is manipulating them back into their identical appearances.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Me too, but I'm hoping it'll stick.

I thought it was widely known that Sophie was killed by Esme...
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Roger that you adorably named poster you.
    Thank you!

I really enjoyed X-23 #1. The Wolverine series was gonna be a hard act to follow IMO, but this managed it. Art was great, and story has me hooked. Good stuff.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When the Cuckoos showed up, I started to miss Bendis. Oof.

Time for England vs. Croatia. I'll re-read it after.

Quite liked it. Art was smashing, words were funny, and the reveals have my attention.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Okay I read the issue and I loved the interactions between spoilers:
    Gabby and the cuckoos, like this issue really opened up to me how similar the cuckoos are to laura and I love it! I hope once its all said and done we get somewhat of a closer friendship between the clones
    end of spoilers
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Okay I read the issue and I loved the interactions between spoilers:
    Gabby and the cuckoos, like this issue really opened up to me how similar the cuckoos are to laura and I love it! I hope once its all said and done we get somewhat of a closer friendship between the clones
    end of spoilers
    Which would be kind of funny considering her and Emma's rocky relationship.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I was really hoping there would be someone out there ready to kill and step on Laura other than Kimura and I had hoped to find it in this run but I getting less hopeful but since it's only one issue I will wait. I wonder whether DC will loan Marvel Doomsday or something? Because I think at this point that has to be what it take to make Laura some enemies.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I was really hoping there would be someone out there ready to kill and step on Laura other than Kimura and I had hoped to find it in this run but I getting less hopeful but since it's only one issue I will wait. I wonder whether DC will loan Marvel Doomsday or something? Because I think at this point that has to be what it take to make Laura some enemies.
    Mariko Tamaki did say in yesterday's Xposition that she plans on giving Laura some genuine rivals. And frankly, it's about time she gets someone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Mariko Tamaki did say in yesterday's Xposition that she plans on giving Laura some genuine rivals. And frankly, it's about time she gets someone.
    I think it's a question of whether that's the Cuckoos, or if there's more coming we just haven't seen yet.

I finally read it.

Overall, I did like it for the first issue.

I really did like the Cuckoos look; I know people have complained about them going back to the hive look, but personally I kind of prefer it. I'm more concerned about is how this arc will play out than them returning to a more classic design.

spoilers:
    While their definitely is arguments for their actions, I did find it a little strange since all three of them moved on from Sophie and Esme's deaths. It just seemed a little out of the blue that their suddenly trying to bring them back, especially Esme since she caused Sophie's death...
    end of spoilers

I'm still having issues with Laura's voice, but I had issues with it with Taylor. One of the moments that stuck out especially was Laura of all people calling the Cuckoos 'weird'. I understand she's been around Gabby and probably has adapted some slang, but it just didn't feel like Laura to me.

I really like Mariko's take in this issue on Gabby; I feel like Mariko is fixing a lot of the flaws with her that Taylor had in just one issue.
    spoilers:
    Gabby having a temper tantrum in the restaurant was great, and refreshing compared to Taylor- who tended to represent her as the perfect precocious child. I really hope Mariko continues this and showcases Gabby more as a person than trope-y sidekick.

I'm also a little worried about how much this will potentially play on Morrison nostalgia, but overall I think this was a decent first issue. I'm especially happy Cabal is still doing the art for this series.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RoamingGnome8; 07-11-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I finally read it.

Overall, I did like it for the first issue.

I really did like the Cuckoos look; I know people have complained about them going back to the hive look, but personally I kind of prefer it. I'm more concerned about is how this arc will play out than them returning to a more classic design.

spoilers:
    While their definitely is arguments for their actions, I did find it a little strange since all three of them moved on from Sophie and Esme's deaths. It just seemed a little out of the blue that their suddenly trying to bring them back, especially Esme since she caused Sophie's death...
    end of spoilers

I'm still having issues with Laura's voice, but I had issues with it with Taylor. One of the moments that stuck out especially was Laura of all people calling the Cuckoos 'weird'. I understand she's been around Gabby and probably has adapted some slang, but it just didn't feel like Laura to me.

I really like Mariko's take in this issue on Gabby; I feel like Mariko is fixing a lot of the flaws with her that Taylor had in just one issue.
    spoilers:
    Gabby having a temper tantrum in the restaurant was great, and refreshing compared to Taylor- who tended to represent her as the perfect precocious child. I really hope Mariko continues this and showcases Gabby more as a person than trope-y sidekick.

I'm also a little worried about how much this will potentially play on Morrison nostalgia, but overall I think this was a decent first issue. I'm especially happy Cabal is still doing the art for this series.
    end of spoilers
    I agree with Laura's voice being a little off but it's been off for a while; I'm starting to just accept it, unfortunately. I prefer her being drier and more laconic, almost like someone who is actively forcing herself to be more communicative than she would otherwise naturally be instead of the generically quippy Marvel personality they seem to be pushing her towards.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I agree with Laura's voice being a little off but it's been off for a while; I'm starting to just accept it, unfortunately. I prefer her being drier and more laconic, almost like someone who is actively forcing herself to be more communicative than she would otherwise naturally be instead of the generically quippy Marvel personality they seem to be pushing her towards.
    It's still much better than Brian Michael Bendis's earlier All-New X-Men issues (he improved a bit as time went on), and definitely better than Dennis Hopeless's All-New X-Men. By this point she shouldn't talk like a robot and should be able to hold a normal conversation. But I agree that quipping feels off for Laura. If they want her to develop a sense of humour, I'd prefer she develops a morbid sense of humour over Spider-Man style quips.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't understand it, since Kyle and Yost gave her such a unique voice. Laura always stood out no matter what book she was in.
    Now she sounds like almost every female teen to twenty year old character out there. I will say Taylor's and Mariko's aren't awful, not compared to Bendis or Hopeless, just really bland and generic.

I do understand people's argument that Laura's grown as a character and her voice may have changed from more interaction with her peers and Gabby; but from a selling standpoint I would think Marvel would be better off having her be very different.

I am excited to see Mariko's development with Gabby, however.
    spoilers:
    I think we'll finally see somewhat how Gabby feels about being a clone; since it was kind of hinted at with the birthday argument that Laura isn't really thinking about how Gabby might feel about her own birthday and personhood. It'll be interesting to see if Gabby goes through her own struggle, similar to Laura questioning if she had a soul in Liu's series.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Some good new from Twitter, the reaction to it are good, the bad why she's x23 isnt addressed. And I think it will never be because I dont think they can explain it in a good way.
    I don’t understand why this is so hard to comprehend. She took or kept the name X-23 as a) reminder of what she once was and so that won’t be that person again. Or b) X-23 is supposed to represent something awful in her life, she’s going to take the name and turn it into something wonderful that will help people be a blessing to others not a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I don't understand it, since Kyle and Yost gave her such a unique voice. Laura always stood out no matter what book she was in.
    Now she sounds like almost every female teen to twenty year old character out there. I will say Taylor's and Mariko's aren't awful, not compared to Bendis or Hopeless, just really bland and generic.

I do understand people's argument that Laura's grown as a character and her voice may have changed from more interaction with her peers and Gabby; but from a selling standpoint I would think Marvel would be better off having her be very different.
    Agreed, although I find Tamaki’s Laura a bit more formal than the way she was last written or written in X-Men Red. This Laura sounds and talks more like a university student. She sounds like she’s educated. Whereas the previous iteration sounded as if she dropped out of school in grade five.