Page 484 of 808 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 12112
    All-New Member

Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Mangold talks about what he'd do for an X-23 movie.

Well, it's not MUCH, but it's at least it shows some actual development beyond "Sure I'd love to do it." It also hints at a continuation of Fox's spate of pushing and breaking genre boundaries, as the concept sounds like it'd be a coming of age sort of story.
    Anyone think it could be a take on the NYX series? Without the whole prostitute aspect though. It'd be cool to bring in Kiden and her friends and set it in NYC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Anyone think it could be a take on the NYX series? Without the whole prostitute aspect though. It'd be cool to bring in Kiden and her friends and set it in NYC.
    So...not really NYX, then?

NYX is heavily driven by themes of the disenfranchisement experienced by young people as a result of urban decay. The situations the various characters find themselves in are a significant aspect of the overall story, and as controversial and uncomfortable as Laura being forced into prostitution at that age is, it's a major part of her character arc, to say nothing of driving the plot itself.

NYX is heavily driven by themes of the disenfranchisement experienced by young people as a result of urban decay. The situations the various characters find themselves in are a significant aspect of the overall story, and as controversial and uncomfortable as Laura being forced into prostitution at that age is, it's a major part of her character arc, to say nothing of driving the plot itself.
    No, where did I say that? It could still be 95% NYX, just X-23/Laura wouldn't be a specifically a prostitute. She could be a homeless runaway or something just a little less controversial as the prostitute thing wasn't received well at the time. It'd still be in the same vein as NYX. I say this as a fan of the series. I would really love to have Kiden show up somewhere again seeing as it was more her story than X-23's. Especially since her name was used in the screentest for Dafne Keen.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 05-18-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Well, they could put her to consume and sell drugs instead. Unless you want the FBI wanting outside of every theater.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, they could put her to consume and sell drugs instead. Unless you want the FBI wanting outside of every theater.
    Yeah. She could be part of a gang or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I don't see it being any worse than Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver.

At any rate, I think it's a moot point. Logan doesn't leave her in anything like the circumstances that led to her state in NYX, so trying to do that for her first solo film would be a poor narrative decision.

I don't see it being any worse than Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver.

At any rate, I think it's a moot point. Logan doesn't leave her in anything like the circumstances that led to her state in NYX, so trying to do that for her first solo film would be a poor narrative decision.
    She literally could go anywhere from where Logan left her. She's travelling with a bunch of kids. They could easily split up and go in different directions and she could end up in NYC. It's not that far fetched and with what Mansfield mentioned, it could be an NYX-like story.

My feeling is that Mangold would do an original story that at best only vaguely resembles any of the comics and perhaps only carries over a few elements of multiple stories. I don't think we will see any kind of direct adaptation of NYX, Target X or anything else. A loose adaptation of Target X would be great, but K don't think that it'll happen.

Wow, the original artwork for the NYX #3 cover sold today at auction for $71,700.

NYX #3 - Heritage Auctions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Wow, the original artwork for the NYX #3 cover sold today at auction for $71,700.

NYX #3 - Heritage Auctions
    Wow, that is REALLY impressive. I knew the art was being auctioned, and was curious what it would end up going for. Although it's strange that the actual issue for NYX #3 has been stalled at $400 for a while now. You'd have thought the surge of interest in the wake of Logan would have caused that one to rise. It's actually worth less than the Del'Otto variant of X-23 #1 (Liu series, $600) and the B&W Mattina variant of ANW #20 ($750).

Comic values are weird.

Astonishing Member

IMG_20170519_153553.jpg

Another cover generations. Look like there fighting the Hand. And i think that version of Logan is before their first meeting.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-19-2017 at 12:42 PM.

BANNED

Danni Torres with another gem.

Can't wait to read the Generations tie-in for Laura. As others already pointed out, this is probably going to be one of the more important one-shots because of the reason that Laura is Wolverine to begin with. Taylor said that this is going to strengthen her resolve, but if the rumor is true that 616!Logan is returning in "Legacy" then that could lead to an interesting tenure for Laura.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    No, where did I say that? It could still be 95% NYX, just X-23/Laura wouldn't be a specifically a prostitute. She could be a homeless runaway or something just a little less controversial as the prostitute thing wasn't received well at the time. It'd still be in the same vein as NYX. I say this as a fan of the series. I would really love to have Kiden show up somewhere again seeing as it was more her story than X-23's. Especially since her name was used in the screentest for Dafne Keen.
    They could maybe get away with it if it was simply heavily implied. Or they could maybe make her alcoholic/drug addict or something like that.