Page 674 of 808 FirstFirst ... 174574624664670671672673674675676677678684724774 ... LastLast
Results 10,096 to 10,110 of 12112
    Fantastic Member

There is something to be said about a piece of entertainment not taking itself too serious all the time.

Even Berserk, one of the darkest and most hardcore Manga out there, has it's share of light humour, including some fourth wall breaking. (Along with some breathtaking artwork.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Also, she's hardly killed at all since Second Coming.
    This statement gave me the morning lolz.
    ha ha ha.
    Hardly killed at all. Like its a gray topic. ha ha.
    "Your honor, I BARELY even killed them. I mean, 2 of the 6 are just critical."

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    There is something to be said about a piece of entertainment not taking itself too serious all the time.

Even Berserk, one of the darkest and most hardcore Manga out there, has it's share of light humour, including some fourth wall breaking. (Along with some breathtaking artwork.)
    Honestly it hasn't really tried to take itself seriously if not at all.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    NEXT TEAM UP PLEASE

https://twitter.com/cpfokken/status/970026924608315392

Be it ever so humble
    I agree! That would make an awesome team-up.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Honestly it hasn't really tried to take itself seriously if not at all.
    It just now occurred to me that a piece of work does not need to take itself to seriously so long as the content is awesome and the serious moments serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

It just now occurred to me that a piece of work does not need to take itself to seriously so long as the content is awesome and the serious moments serious.
    Depends on your perspective of all those factors.

Amazing Member

I wish that Taylor would have more Laura and New X-Men stories. I like Gabby but for once I would just like to see Laura interact with her former teammates without Gabby being there.

Quote Originally Posted by mesjarch View Post
    I wish that Taylor would have more Laura and New X-Men stories. I like Gabby but for once I would just like to see Laura interact with her former teammates without Gabby being there.
    I think if it was up to the fans of the New X-Men or Yost and Kyle Cessily, Sooraya, and Julian would be Laura's supporting cast which quite frankly I wish they were because while Gabby is amusing her presence makes this a little harder to take seriously.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-06-2018 at 08:22 AM.

BANNED

So after today's X-Men Red revelation...

spoilers:
    Who wants to see Laura have to struggle through "The Talk" with Gabby? Her own history ought to make for a weird and awkward conversation.
    end of spoilers

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

Couldn't agree with you more! I just finished reading ORPHANS OF X this morning, and yes, while the story was edgy and dark-ish, the humor interspersed did not ruin the story or it's effect. As I said in my review on Goodreads, this was the best arc that Taylor has written in some time. It certainly helped to wash away THAT taste from EotSII and IMMUNE!
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Astonishing Member

Minor speculation on whats happening to Laura in August, In Hawkeye it states that kate bishop will do somting in August, and Taylor said he had plans ro reunite them. What if june has the end to Old women laura, and starts a new arc, double shipping in june, july and august wld have the next arc run form late june to setember when the hunt forn wolverine mini's and infinity countdown end, next arc is a tie in to both or one of them. Thoughts

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Minor speculation on whats happening to Laura in August, In Hawkeye it states that kate bishop will do somting in August, and Taylor said he had plans ro reunite them. What if june has the end to Old women laura, and starts a new arc, double shipping in june, july and august wld have the next arc run form late june to setember when the hunt forn wolverine mini's and infinity countdown end, next arc is a tie in to both or one of them. Thoughts
    The solicit to #35 makes it sounds like Old Woman Laura is a 3-parter. #36 in June is probably another one-shot, or possibly a tie-in to whatever the main Return of Wolverine story is (with the Hunt Fors being tie-in books). I actually wouldn't mind seeing ANW being part of a crossover, as it would mean a nice sales boost if it's "Part X of Y of Return of Wolverine!"

is it absolutely confirmed that Old Woman Laura isn't a finale arc? 35 seems pretty final

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    is it absolutely confirmed that Old Woman Laura isn't a finale arc? 35 seems pretty final
    If it was going to end at 35 marvel would have said somting. If captan marvel can continue selling under 20k for months theres no reasion ANW should get canncled specially with the bump the varents for 31-33 will give it. It makes more sence to have it tie in to hunt for wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If it was going to end at 35 marvel would have said somting. If captan marvel can continue selling under 20k for months theres no reasion ANW should get canncled specially with the bump the varents for 31-33 will give it. It makes more sence to have it tie in to hunt for wolverine.
    Idk, the last wave of cancellations were only found out by the next issue just not being solicited.

And it's almost certainly not making it through Fresh Start unscathed, even if the new Wolverine book doesn't start until after Hunt for Wolverine.

I do hope I'm wrong, as I'd much rather see a Wolverine tie-in than a cancellation, but this does seem like the logical place to end it.