Page 399 of 808 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 12112
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Issue was eh to me. Still think Taylor made it seem too easy and like all this time all they needed was a telepath to sit down with Laura and do it. It requires too much hand waving and head canon explanations to be otherwise for me. If it's not all gravy as it seems in this issue and there's still a struggle next issue that Laura has to overcome then I'll like that better.
    It does seem pretty quickly resolved, but I'm fine with that, personally. I love X-23, but could really do without the "trigger scent" appearing in every story. When it appeared in Avengers Arena, I was just rolling my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Damn, Roughhouse no-selling Gambit's playing card.

Looks like my theory that the final confrontation would take place at Megan and Debbie's house is probably a wash.
    So how does his powers work exactly. I didn't think he could absorb kinetic energy so not sure how his catching the card would prevent it from exploding. Thought he was more of a super strength and super durable type.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    So how does his powers work exactly. I didn't think he could absorb kinetic energy so not sure how his catching the card would prevent it from exploding. Thought he was more of a super strength and super durable type.
    I think it exploded inide his closed fist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morbiac View Post
    It does seem pretty quickly resolved, but I'm fine with that, personally. I love X-23, but could really do without the "trigger scent" appearing in every story. When it appeared in Avengers Arena, I was just rolling my eyes.
    Agreed. Part of what made it work was that it was a pretty exclusive threat. Once OTHER people started using it (ESPECIALLY a joke villain like Arcade) it just got overdone.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think it exploded inide his closed fist.
    Right I saw that but was wondering if he could absorb kinetic energy or not as I would expect some sort of damage. I suppose we can assume Gambit didn't charge it to the extent he did the card that took out Laura but I would think he could simply solve the issue by throwing cards at the dude's feet or is Roughhouse going to catch it between his toes?
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Right I saw that but was wondering if he could absorb kinetic energy or not as I would expect some sort of damage. I suppose we can assume Gambit didn't charge it to the extent he did the card that took out Laura but I would think he could simply solve the issue by throwing cards at the dude's feet or is Roughhouse going to catch it between his toes?
    Lol at toes) Ofcourse he charged it to smaller level because soldiers can't heal from explosion but I think Taylor wanted to give Gambit invulerable foe to fight that must be defeated not by explosion while Laura will kick the hell out of main Boss Kimura.
    At least I hope so)

BANNED

He didn't throw the card AT Roughhouse. If you look at the panels, he's throwing it at a squad of mooks. Roughhouse catches it mid-flight from somewhere off-panel.

Would you like Kimura to die at the end of arc?

Lol at toes) Ofcourse he charged it to smaller level because soldiers can't heal from explosion but I think Taylor wanted to give Gambit invulerable foe to fight that must be defeated not by explosion while Laura will kick the hell out of main Boss Kimura.
    At least I hope so)
    Yeah I get that. I was just more trying to figure out if Roughhouse had other powers I was not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    He didn't throw the card AT Roughhouse. If you look at the panels, he's throwing it at a squad of mooks. Roughhouse catches it mid-flight from somewhere off-panel.
    Yeah fair point. He probably wasn't trying to kill anyone there. I just hope the writer isn't intending to forgo him using any of his powers as if it means they would be completely ineffectual on Roughhouse. I'm hoping for more of a Gladiator vs Gambit encounter rather than Gambit having to be bailed out by someone. Or at worst, him and Angel tag teaming Roughhouse while X-23 takes care of Kimura.

BANNED

Yeah I get that. I was just more trying to figure out if Roughhouse had other powers I was not aware of.

Yeah fair point. He probably wasn't trying to kill anyone there. I just hope the writer isn't intending to forgo him using any of his powers as if it means they would be completely ineffectual on Roughhouse. I'm hoping for more of a Gladiator vs Gambit encounter rather than Gambit having to be bailed out by someone. Or at worst, him and Angel tag teaming Roughhouse while X-23 takes care of Kimura.
    I'm sure X is going to be dealing with Kimura, some combination of Gambit, Angel, and Jean take on Roughhouse, while Gabby will have to square off against Bellona. Fury and his grunts will deal with Kimura's regular goons.

http://www.newsarama.com/33084-gambi...ine-18.html#s6

Previews for issue 18.

I think Gambit and team are making distraction for Laura.
    That variant is HOT. Definitely picking that one up.

I don't know if there is any truth to this article since I don't know much about the site. But man I hope this statement from Mangold is true. I suppose if there is enough of an outcry for it, a solo for Laura could happen! http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/j...-hugh-jackman/
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 02-13-2017 at 01:12 AM.

I hope so down he line that an X-23 solo movie will be possible, I think much of it will depend on the reception to this movie and the character if there is a sudden increase in interest for the character then Fox I'm sure will be looking at putting her in other movies and maybe even doing a solo adventure of some sort one day. Anything is possible she could be in the next X Men movie,New Mutants or whatever that is or a solo movie or even Deadpool 2 at this point. I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere about how it's technically a Wolverine cameo even if Hugh Jackman isn't there.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

BANNED

I think it's a very encouraging sign that Mangold is already on board. That shows there's interest at the production level, and that there's a director in place and willing to take it on. A lot is going to depend on the critical, audience, and financial success — or lack thereof — of Logan.

One scenario I can see, however is this:

With the significant difficulties Fox has encountered getting Gambit off the ground, there's a good possibility they may be actively looking for insurance in case it falls apart entirely. So even if Logan is only a modest success, they would at least have the pieces in place to very rapidly launch a new franchise centered around Keen's X-23 as an alternative.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 02-12-2017 at 07:58 PM.

If Fox are smart and continuing the Deadpool model, they would just have modest budgets for solo movies for Deadpool, Gambit, and X-23 and then bring them together for X-force. Just have them be part of the Darker X-men universe with New Mutants and the regular X-men franchise separate. You could delve into a lot more morally grey stuff with those 3 while still keeping some of the humor by having Deadpool and Gambit play off each other while figuring out what to do with X-23.