Page 211 of 808 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This article on comicbook.com proposes a number of possible TV series starring female superheroes that could work in response to the recent premier Supergirl (Ally McBeal SMASH made me giggle). One of the characters mentioned is X-23...

...but altering her origin and removing the part about her being bred in a lab. Instead she would be a normal (mutant) girl who has to go on the run when Weapon X comes looking for her.

How about NO. The fact she was conceived in a lab where she was horrifically abused is a CENTRAL aspect of her character and her early development. She hasn't had many AU versions running around, but it's nonetheless been a recurring theme. Removing that part of her backstory would be a HORRIBLE idea.

I want to see her brought into the XCU, but I'd want her done RIGHT.
    Wow what a blatant bait and switch.

"Oh we think this character can make for a great live action show. We ju~st need to change that pesky origin. How about we make her normal?"
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

This article on comicbook.com proposes a number of possible TV series starring female superheroes that could work in response to the recent premier Supergirl (Ally McBeal SMASH made me giggle). One of the characters mentioned is X-23...

...but altering her origin and removing the part about her being bred in a lab. Instead she would be a normal (mutant) girl who has to go on the run when Weapon X comes looking for her.

How about NO. The fact she was conceived in a lab where she was horrifically abused is a CENTRAL aspect of her character and her early development. She hasn't had many AU versions running around, but it's nonetheless been a recurring theme. Removing that part of her backstory would be a HORRIBLE idea.

I want to see her brought into the XCU, but I'd want her done RIGHT.
    the only change I would be okay with them making to her origin is to make her an actual offspring of Logan. Sarah played Logan and him thinking she was in love with him married her and the whole thing, then as soon as she got pregnant she disappeared, went to the Weapon X training facility and as the head scientist genetically altered the fetus before birth to re-create a Wolverine by removing as much of Sarah's DNA and replacing it with Wolverine's. The project is a "success" but not all the DNA is removed hence Laura looking exactly like her mother but still manages to be a perfect "clone" of Wolverine. Then the whole Innocence Lost and Target X stories play out, with Sarah realizing the mistake she made in joining Weapon X and trying to save her daughter and give her a normal life and then Laura meeting Logan and joining New X-Men team

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    the only change I would be okay with them making to her origin is to make her an actual offspring of Logan. Sarah played Logan and him thinking she was in love with him married her and the whole thing, then as soon as she got pregnant she disappeared, went to the Weapon X training facility and as the head scientist genetically altered the fetus before birth to re-create a Wolverine by removing as much of Sarah's DNA and replacing it with Wolverine's. The project is a "success" but not all the DNA is removed hence Laura looking exactly like her mother but still manages to be a perfect "clone" of Wolverine. Then the whole Innocence Lost and Target X stories play out, with Sarah realizing the mistake she made in joining Weapon X and trying to save her daughter and give her a normal life and then Laura meeting Logan and joining New X-Men team
    I wouldn't be. It not only makes her creation even MORE complicated than it is already, it would significantly alter Sarah's arc as well. Her defying Sutter's orders by making a female clone established a lot about her character, and set up a number of very important aspects of the story further on. I consider it important that Sarah was FORCED by Rice to serve as the surrogate and become Laura's primary caretaker.

Just one X-23 question I'm wondering about. When she was created did she grow at a normal rate or was she grown at an accelerated rate (like the clone troopers in Star Wars)?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I wouldn't be. It not only makes her creation even MORE complicated than it is already, it would significantly alter Sarah's arc as well. Her defying Sutter's orders by making a female clone established a lot about her character, and set up a number of very important aspects of the story further on. I consider it important that Sarah was FORCED by Rice to serve as the surrogate and become Laura's primary caretaker.
    there's no reason why Sarah couldn't be forced by Rice to go after Logan and get him to trust her, and her defying Rice and risking it all for Laura after realizing her mistake and coming to terms with her actually being in love with Logan... although what does her character really matter at all?
    I mean sure she's cool and had a neat story but she dies in the same arc she's introduced. the real character is Laura afterall

still why do you think her creation is a mess? and why would making her a genetically altered human be that complicated? That's fairly common in sci-fi movies/TV series

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Just one X-23 question I'm wondering about. When she was created did she grow at a normal rate or was she grown at an accelerated rate (like the clone troopers in Star Wars)?
    I think her aging is normal... well it's like Wolverine, she ages "normally" but it's slowed down due to her healing factor
    Last edited by ceroxide; 11-02-2015 at 11:07 AM.

So does that mean that the cloning process took place like twenty years before the current X-Men continuity? That would be before Wolverine joined the X-Men and before he was an agent for Department H. I somewhat doubt that she grew at a normal rate from newborn to young adult in real time. I think that she was probably given something to make her grow faster and if that is true then one could question why she isn't still aging at an accelerated rate. You could say about her healing factor but there are holes.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

So does that mean that the cloning process took place like twenty years before the current X-Men continuity? That would be before Wolverine joined the X-Men and before he was an agent for Department H. I somewhat doubt that she grew at a normal rate from newborn to young adult in real time. I think that she was probably given something to make her grow faster and if that is true then one could question why she isn't still aging at an accelerated rate. You could say about her healing factor but there are holes.
    No, she aged at a normal rate. The healing factor shouldn't have affected her growth, just her rate of entropy.

She was 15 when she was introduced a decade ago.

Innocence Lost and Target - X gave clear ages and timelines.

Current age is probably somewhere between 17 and 20.

The genetic sample she was made from was originally taken during the original Weapon X program, but they could only do anything with it years later.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-02-2015 at 11:46 AM.

I see, it can be confusing when speaking about clones. I think it would be funny in her solo series that she has some has a run-in with Mojo and she is forced to play through some kind of deadly situation just for the enjoyment of Mojo's people. A few come to mind for that...

1. Forced to fight against zombies and no matter how many she guts more and more keep coming.

2. Put into a scaled down replica of New York City and is on top of the Empire State Building where she is shot at by toy planes (A reference to King Kong of course).

3. Going for the opposite now... She is placed in a scaled up kitchen where she is seemingly the size of a mouse and is chased by a giant monstrous cat like creature.

4. Put into an endless battle against numerous creatures that continually tax her healing powers. Creatures that use such weapons like acids and poisons.

Just an idea I had.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    there's no reason why Sarah couldn't be forced by Rice to go after Logan and get him to trust her, and her defying Rice and risking it all for Laura after realizing her mistake and coming to terms with her actually being in love with Logan... although what does her character really matter at all?
    I mean sure she's cool and had a neat story but she dies in the same arc she's introduced. the real character is Laura afterall

still why do you think her creation is a mess? and why would making her a genetically altered human be that complicated? That's fairly common in sci-fi movies/TV series
    Innocence Lost may be Laura's origin, but the book itself is really SARAH'S story. Laura herself is a secondary character, and her impact on the plot is primarily important in how it affects Sarah and drives her actions. She's the one who undergoes the biggest changes and the most development. She's the one whose journey we're following and get to know. It's not until Target: X that Laura actually takes over as the central protagonist and begins getting fleshed out. And this IS important, because Sarah began with the mindset For Science!, and pursued the project with a borderline god complex ("No one said this is going to be easy. In ten years, mainstream science is still going to be working the kinks out of cloning cats. Gentlemen, welcome to godhood."). Eliminating that will fundamentally alter her.

That's one reason why I want to see Innocence Lost adapted, not just to introduce X to the XCU, but because of how it would STAND APART from most superhero movies. Almost EVERY superhero movie ever made is about the hero themselves, doubly so for origin movies. But Innocence Lost is different. The superhero in this case, while important, is nonetheless a supporting player, and the protagonist is the character RESPONSIBLE for her creation. It would immediately set it apart from an increasingly crowded genre.

And nowhere did I say her creation was a mess. I said it's already complicated (hey here's a sample, let's clone it. But oh, it's damaged, so what if we duplicate the X-chromosome instead and make the clone a girl). The idea of starting with some genetic code and assembling it into an embryo takes MUCH less suspension of disbelief than starting WITH an embryo and trying to rearrange it. Having Sarah get knocked up by Logan takes away a substantial part of the story's early conflict — the difficulty of actually getting it to WORK — as well as the significance of making her female in the first place (because that was the only way to make it work. It loses something if X is a girl because hey, that's just how it happened to work out).

Innocence Lost may be Laura's origin, but the book itself is really SARAH'S story. Laura herself is a secondary character, and her impact on the plot is primarily important in how it affects Sarah and drives her actions. She's the one who undergoes the biggest changes and the most development. She's the one whose journey we're following and get to know. It's not until Target: X that Laura actually takes over as the central protagonist and begins getting fleshed out. And this IS important, because Sarah began with the mindset For Science!, and pursued the project with a borderline god complex ("No one said this is going to be easy. In ten years, mainstream science is still going to be working the kinks out of cloning cats. Gentlemen, welcome to godhood."). Eliminating that will fundamentally alter her.

That's one reason why I want to see Innocence Lost adapted, not just to introduce X to the XCU, but because of how it would STAND APART from most superhero movies. Almost EVERY superhero movie ever made is about the hero themselves, doubly so for origin movies. But Innocence Lost is different. The superhero in this case, while important, is nonetheless a supporting player, and the protagonist is the character RESPONSIBLE for her creation. It would immediately set it apart from an increasingly crowded genre.

And nowhere did I say her creation was a mess. I said it's already complicated (hey here's a sample, let's clone it. But oh, it's damaged, so what if we duplicate the X-chromosome instead and make the clone a girl). The idea of starting with some genetic code and assembling it into an embryo takes MUCH less suspension of disbelief than starting WITH an embryo and trying to rearrange it. Having Sarah get knocked up by Logan takes away a substantial part of the story's early conflict — the difficulty of actually getting it to WORK — as well as the significance of making her female in the first place (because that was the only way to make it work. It loses something if X is a girl because hey, that's just how it happened to work out).
    I don't want you to think I'm fighting with ya or anything so lemme apologize in advance if I came of wrong
    anyways, I guess what you say makes sense to us comic book readers but if I was just a person that watched the series or movies I don't know if I'd be interested in Laura after being introduced and spending multiple seasons centered on Sarah. I would view her as the main character and the minute she gets killed off I will view Laura as a bad Sarah replacement and probably drop the series afterwards. So I feel that's a story best told not seen... or make it like Arrow where through out every episode you get flashbacks that help expand the past.

now having Sarah get knocked up and Laura being a girl just because, as a general public viewer it's easier for me to accept/understand that than the whole cloning process and excuse to make a female clone instead.

No she grew at a normal rate. This is the page that comes right after her birth

As you can see seven years passed and she has the development of a seven year old. The only thing they did accelerate was her mutant powers. They manifest normally at puberty but they didn't want to wait any longer and so they kickstarted her powers by radiation poisoning.
    "This is me being reasonable"

added a new piece to my X-23 sketchbook this was drawn by Aspen's own Siya Oum

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1270300

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE KZA View Post
    added a new piece to my X-23 sketchbook this was drawn by Aspen's own Siya Oum

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1270300
    Very nice. She kind of reminds me of Elle Fanning.

BANNED

Preview page from today's X-Position. This is just Bad. Ass.

She must go through so many shoes <3

I like that her costume boots seem to have a little knife hole thing though.