Page 565 of 808 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 12112
    BANNED

One by Takara. LOVE Goth Laura.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but I think they need to make a clearer distinction between MURDER and COMBAT. Simply put: Laura holding back from using lethal force when fighting mobs with assault weapons that are shooting at people who can't heal (IE the Sisters in issues 2 and 3) was just plain STUPID of her. She very directly put the other girls at risk by not fighting all-out to end the threat (which is why cops don't kneecap or shoot the gun out of their hand IRL. You can shoot a guy in the leg, and because adrenaline he'll keep coming. Especially with those 9mm peashooters most departments still use). Now, her not shoving her claws through a helpless prisoner's brain is one thing, but an active combatant should be fair game to put down by whatever means necessary.
    but here's the problem with that. if it was a mob who were hunting down and murdering people then based on how i understand her rule she would probably engage with deadly force to save civilians but in issues 2 and 3 these are hired security personnel of alchemax looking for the sisters. they were simply following there orders to apprehend or kill the sisters, even if it was morally wrong, and they could technically press charges on Laura for killing these men. how about this what if Laura comes across a new mutant who can't control their powers and the police are ordered to take them down with deadly force if needed, should Laura kill the cops to simply remove the threat to the innocent mutant. both this scenario and the one we got in the comic revolved around people following there orders even and if they are bad or misplaced in judgment she would have been in the wrong and punished for it. Laura took the actions she did because even though it was harder and the possibilities of someone getting hurt were high to her both sides didn't deserve to die, it's the old actions versus consequences scenario.

BANNED

From Paniccia's Twitter:

Me: When will Laura FINALLY get back on a team again? ANW is great but she feels completely cut off from the rest of the franchise (Paniccia Liked this Tweet)
    Paniccia: MAGIC X-BALL says "I only wish I could spoil it for you...but it won't be when or where you think."

So, it sounds like SOMETHING is in the works, but nothing we expect. I honestly hope it's not the Cable team-up with her AU/past self. There's already enough AUs running around the Marvel 'verse for Laura to have to be competing with her own past self on TOP of the Old Man for roster space.

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    but here's the problem with that. if it was a mob who were hunting down and murdering people then based on how i understand her rule she would probably engage with deadly force to save civilians but in issues 2 and 3 these are hired security personnel of alchemax looking for the sisters. they were simply following there orders to apprehend or kill the sisters, even if it was morally wrong, and they could technically press charges on Laura for killing these men. how about this what if Laura comes across a new mutant who can't control their powers and the police are ordered to take them down with deadly force if needed, should Laura kill the cops to simply remove the threat to the innocent mutant. both this scenario and the one we got in the comic revolved around people following there orders even and if they are bad or misplaced in judgment she would have been in the wrong and punished for it. Laura took the actions she did because even though it was harder and the possibilities of someone getting hurt were high to her both sides didn't deserve to die, it's the old actions versus consequences scenario.
    There's a BIG difference between police overreacting, and a private army sent out by the corporation that has been involved in illegal human cloning and experimentation that CREATED the Sisters in the first place, that are led by a trigger-happy head of security, AND proved that the good-faith agreement between Laura and the man who asked for her help wasn't worth **** by going behind her back and planting a tracker on her. This wasn't just "following orders." This was a cleanup crew trying to mop up evidence of a crime, and even if she didn't have the full story yet, she KNEW it.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 10-09-2017 at 09:57 PM.

I've mentioned this before, but I think they need to make a clearer distinction between MURDER and COMBAT. Simply put: Laura holding back from using lethal force when fighting mobs with assault weapons that are shooting at people who can't heal (IE the Sisters in issues 2 and 3) was just plain STUPID of her. She very directly put the other girls at risk by not fighting all-out to end the threat (which is why cops don't kneecap or shoot the gun out of their hand IRL. You can shoot a guy in the leg, and because adrenaline he'll keep coming. Especially with those 9mm peashooters most departments still use). Now, her not shoving her claws through a helpless prisoner's brain is one thing, but an active combatant should be fair game to put down by whatever means necessary.
    She chose that path. If you're going to try to become a better person, and avoid killing whenever possible then you are going to have to deal with the consequences of that. You put the lives of others in danger. Narrative beats should flow from that. So far it's only happened once will Zelda. Laura didn't kill Mooney, and Zelda got wasted. That should have been played up a lot more than it was. Unfortunately if she chooses to be more loose with her "no kill rule" by virtue of being a superhero, she will ALWAYS find herself in situations where killing will be the most viable option to protect people one way or another. I have no problem with the idea of a "no kill rule." I'm perfectly fine with that actually. I like it more than her trying to be a better person, then a writer comes along and makes her kill repeatedly only to make her like Logan in the end. What I'm not perfectly fine with is avoiding the grey area of that decision. People are going to get hurt, and people are going to get killed for it. Laura should face those consequences, and I'm hoping that I get to see that in the next few arcs.

From Paniccia's Twitter:

Me: When will Laura FINALLY get back on a team again? ANW is great but she feels completely cut off from the rest of the franchise (Paniccia Liked this Tweet)
    Paniccia: MAGIC X-BALL says "I only wish I could spoil it for you...but it won't be when or where you think."

So, it sounds like SOMETHING is in the works, but nothing we expect. I honestly hope it's not the Cable team-up with her AU/past self. There's already enough AUs running around the Marvel 'verse for Laura to have to be competing with her own past self on TOP of the Old Man for roster space.
    This is where I would use the "Don't believe his lies" meme!
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 10-09-2017 at 10:19 PM.

That's what I was thinking. It would make more narrative sense to use NYX and her goth-y look there rather than with Keen's version.
    I was actually thinking about the ongoing series where's she's on her little trip with Gambit. While maybe keep her traveling solo (actually, just do that), that seems like the most flexible place to adapt the character. She's developed enough that her personality is more evident than previously, where she was so busy trying to heal that that was the main focus on her character, but she's still has a story arc (she's trying to figure out who she wants to be and all that). It also allows her to drop in and out as needed as a guest character (set up a reason she gets involved in the plot, then she just leaves to to continue her journey when it's resolved until it's time for her to come back). She's also adjusted enough that you can do comedy with the character as well as drama, instead of primarily the latter (I don't think the babysitting the F4 kid story would've worked during her earlier appearances.

From Paniccia's Twitter:

Thanks for asking this. Very intrigued from the looks of it. Laura has really shined on her own, but like Logan before her, there are certain elements to her character that only shine when she's on a team. I think she didn't get that chance in All-New X-men under Hopeless. I think she could do well in the cast of X-men Gold or with the upcoming New Mutants. So long as Gabby and Jonathan the Wolverine continue providing support, I think Laura's future looks promising.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Thanks for asking this. Very intrigued from the looks of it. Laura has really shined on her own, but like Logan before her, there are certain elements to her character that only shine when she's on a team. I think she didn't get that chance in All-New X-men under Hopeless. I think she could do well in the cast of X-men Gold or with the upcoming New Mutants. So long as Gabby and Jonathan the Wolverine continue providing support, I think Laura's future looks promising.
    On the one hand, she deserves to be on the flagship. On the other, Guggenheim.

Astonishing Member

On the one hand, she deserves to be on the flagship. On the other, Guggenheim.
    I think she'll be safe, rember a few months ago when Paniccia said Taylor had plans for firestar and how he aso got another book. We could be getting a new volumes of amazing X-Men or more likely Laura will join the new warriors. Just with gold seeing her interacting with Rachel or kurt would make up for Guggenheim

Does anyone have thoughts (or information beyond the minimum I read in comic solicitations) about why they're referring to her as "X-23" in the Cable series, rather than Wolverine?

Are we expecting Laura to stop being Wolverine at the end of Orphans of X? Because that would suck.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Does anyone have thoughts (or information beyond the minimum I read in comic solicitations) about why they're referring to her as "X-23" in the Cable series, rather than Wolverine?

Are we expecting Laura to stop being Wolverine at the end of Orphans of X? Because that would suck.
    The Laura in Cable is gonna be one from the past before she wore the wolverine suit, when she was still X23 in name
    X-Men Forever

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    The Laura in Cable is gonna be one from the past before she wore the wolverine suit, when she was still X23 in name
    Oh, first I've heard about that. I will definitely be reading that. Any word how long she will be with Cable?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Duruss View Post
    Oh, first I've heard about that. I will definitely be reading that. Any word how long she will be with Cable?
    Presumably just for the arc.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 10-10-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    You've come baring gifts.

I didn't realize how much of a pushover they turned Victor into. WTF.