Page 693 of 808 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    I love Dafne Keen as Laura but if we are going to make a box office movie then the character has to be around 18-20 years old atleast and Dafne keen will not be that old within the next 3 years.

A grown up X-23/Laura is basically needed and here is where it gets interesting actully finding the right match for this character. I have personally looked at several actresses who could potentially honor this character for the next decade or so. I assume there will be atleast a trilogy plus some other movies so in totally we could be looking at 7-8 movies.

Hugh Jackmann was a solid cast for Logan and he had an incredible run, so was the younger X-23 as Dafne keen but right now we need to bring an actress that has strong screen presence to take on Adult/teenager Laura Kinney. Waiting out for Dafne could be a long wait until she hits 18-19.
    I don't see the point in speculation on something that is already a done deal as far as casting goes (Whether or not the movie is made is another story). James Mangold wants to use Dafne Keen, Mr. Craig Kyle (Laura's creator) who just posted a page or two ago on this very site is writing the script for the character with Dafne in mind. Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart have also given Dafne their blessing.

I'm curious to hear a solid explanation as to why you feel we "need" a grown up Laura at all. You can refer to Ambaryerno's previous post as to why Dafne remains the perfect choice, age-wise. Something flimsy like trying to chase Box Office never works out well for the majority of these comic book movies. The ones that make bank are the ones that try to take risks with thoughtful storytelling and interesting characters that also respect the source material.

Just look at the DCEU, WB set out with the singular, narrow-minded, tunnel vision goal of making bank at the Box Office instead of simply putting out good movies with good storytelling and growing their brand. And they did make bank....for a time. Now look at what happened with Justice League. Sony tried this too and STILL IS. Sadly they will continue to learn the hard way.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 03-24-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

And part 5 of choi's breakdown
    https://twitter.com/MikeChoiArt/stat...991477760?s=19

Love the insite to the desigan process.

My first post here.

We all know that X-23/Laura is going to be hitting the big screen within the next 3 yrs. We haven't talked potential actress to honor this character.

I feel like as if X-23/Laura will out-perform both X-men franchiese and Deadpool. She has a rich story-line and very interesting background and personality things that make for great entertainment. Plus she is wild which is alot of interesting for action packed franchiese. I forsee X-23/Laura being the leading figure for 2020-2030 marvel movies.

She has the X-factor and I would perhaps say the most interesting female centric character hero. One of the reasons why I say this is that she would be able to transition into the screen much better then previously thought. She can be wildish, she is moody, pissed off most of the time, and ready to roll all time she just needs little push and she is ready to go.

I have some couple of actresses in my mind but folks lets keep it real and discuss which actresses can handle this character and remember lets go for a solid and well known actress that can pull this off.

Come with your suggestions we will listen and discuss
    Is All New X-men your only frame of reference?

Because the character is almost the exact opposite of everything you just said.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Is All New X-men your only frame of reference?

Because the character is almost the exact opposite of everything you just said.
    Well, to be fair, X-Men: Evolution and Logan did write the character with the angry child characterization over than the quieter iteration in most of the comics, so the former is a legitimate characterization. I think it's a Batman situation; you can go cheesy '60s or darker and serious and still remain true to the character. Just make sure that the characterization is consistent across any given single version of the character.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    I don't see the point in speculation on something that is already a done deal as far as casting goes (Whether or not the movie is made is another story). James Mangold wants to use Dafne Keen, Mr. Craig Kyle (Laura's creator) who just posted a page or two ago on this very site is writing the script for the character with Dafne in mind. Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart have also given Dafne their blessing.

I'm curious to hear a solid explanation as to why you feel we "need" a grown up Laura at all. You can refer to Ambaryerno's previous post as to why Dafne remains the perfect choice, age-wise. Something flimsy like trying to chase Box Office never works out well for the majority of these comic book movies. The ones that make bank are the ones that try to take risks with thoughtful storytelling and interesting characters that also respect the source material.

Just look at the DCEU, WB set out with the singular, narrow-minded, tunnel vision goal of making bank at the Box Office instead of simply putting out good movies with good storytelling and growing their brand. And they did make bank....for a time. Now look at what happened with Justice League. Sony tried this too and STILL IS. Sadly they will continue to learn the hard way.
    Seems like there is to many Dafne Keen fans and to be fairly honest I'm also one and I love seeing her just keeping the role but that will mean us waiting 1-2 year extra before this hits the big screen hence why I prefered a grown up for this character and when I say grown up I don't mean like legit adult but rather teenage girl. 17-ish or perhaps even 18-ish would be the right choice and start building from there.

Disney and both Fox want to transition this character into the big screen. The sky is the limit due to the potential of this character. I would also like to see Warren aka Angel to become her love-interest rather then Julian or others. I just feel like they had superb chemistry. Gabby will also have to be casted and then become the Honey badger but no separate movie for her she will remain Laura's sidekick and asistance just like in the comics.

I would love to see a supporting main cast of Gabby and Warren cutting scott, Jean and all the other X-men out and keeping Jubilee and some other X-force characters we need new faces and X-men can be only re-introduced through time-travel and they will make appearance here and there through time-travel when they are needed to solve bigger things and give assistance to this new team.

In a trilogy movie it would be nice if the second movie re-introduces Wolverine by way of time-travel to assist Laura fight Daken and an army of X-24's trying to kill all mutants. I would love to see Laura and Logan once again team up and this time to save the world. I'm thinking Scott Eastwood would gladly fill that cap. I think the entire cinema would go crazy in such scenario. It would be even better if it was R-rated I mean can you imagine the blood and madness that will ensue.

On the otherside I have nothing against Dafne Keen staying as Laura and carrying this character for many years to come but would also be open to a young adult X-23 with new actress probably the first two I mentioned
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 03-25-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Seems like there is to many Dafne Keen fans and to be fairly honest I'm also one and I love seeing her just keeping the role but that will mean us waiting 1-2 year extra before this hits the big screen hence why I prefered a grown up for this character and when I say grown up I don't mean like legit adult but rather teenage girl. 17-ish or perhaps even 18-ish would be the right choice and start building from there.

Disney and both Fox want to transition this character into the big screen. The sky is the limit due to the potential of this character. I would also like to see Warren aka Angel to become her love-interest rather then Julian or others. I just feel like they had superb chemistry. Gabby will also have to be casted and then become the Honey badger but no separate movie for her she will remain Laura's sidekick and asistance just like in the comics.

I would love to see a supporting main cast of Gabby and Warren cutting scott, Jean and all the other X-men out and keeping Jubilee and some other X-force characters we need new faces and X-men can be only re-introduced through time-travel and they will make appearance here and there through time-travel when they are needed to solve bigger things and give assistance to this new team.

In a trilogy movie it would be nice if the second movie re-introduces Wolverine by way of time-travel to assist Laura fight Daken and an army of X-24's trying to kill all mutants. I would love to see Laura and Logan once again team up and this time to save the world. I'm thinking Scott Eastwood would gladly fill that cap. I think the entire cinema would go crazy in such scenario. It would be even better if it was R-rated I mean can you imagine the blood and madness that will ensue.

On the otherside I have nothing against Dafne Keen staying as Laura and carrying this character for many years to come but would also be open to a young adult X-23 with new actress probably the first two I mentioned
    You still haven't explained WHY you believe we need an older Laura. There's nothing with Dafne's age that is holding this movie back. This movie's only hurdle is being written and going into production before some unconfirmed point in time in 2019. If/when Disney gets a hold of 20th century Fox's assets, there's about a 99% chance they will halt any talk of this movie happening until they get to it on their own time. Which could take around 8-10 years.

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    You still haven't explained WHY you believe we need an older Laura. There's nothing with Dafne's age that is holding this movie back. This movie's only hurdle is being written and going into production before some unconfirmed point in time in 2019. If/when Disney gets a hold of 20th century Fox's assets, there's about a 99% chance they will halt any talk of this movie happening until they get to it on their own time. Which could take around 8-10 years.
    I don't see them waiting 8-10 yrs. They see things differently then comic fans. They look for cash-cows basically. James Mangold believed in the character hence why she was in Logan it was basically a platform to launch her into the big screen for a future saga.

The reason why I want a new Laura is because I somehow believe Disney and Fox will figure things out really soon and this project will be official and possible with a trilogy. Just logically thinking and the buzz this thing has already with Logan's introduction the trilogy will come and will not be gamble but wise investment for them. I think we will be seeing Laura/X-23 movie latest 2021 and possible with a running trilogy to follow in the coming years
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 03-25-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Superb chemistry? LOL. Good one, dude. (FYI the Angel relationship is very unpopular on this board so Very few are going to agree with you there.)

I think your ideas are way out there. I highly doubt Gabby will be put into a movie, and if Disney takes over I’m pretty sure we can kiss any chance of a Laura solo flick good bye. More than likely Disney will reboot the whole X-line and make new movies that adhere to the established MCU formula. Laura isn’t a guaranteed cash cow compared to more iconic characters.

Also you keep saying you want an older Laura but give no real reason why. Keen’s age wouldn’t hold back any Laura film. Mangold and Kyle clearly already have a story in mind for her and neither of them have claimed they’d have to wait for Keen to get older.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 03-25-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Part 6 of choi's breakdown of her costume
    https://twitter.com/MikeChoiArt/stat...024541696?s=19

So the gloves are from lady Gaga.

I don't see them waiting 8-10 yrs. They see things differently then comic fans. They look for cash-cows basically. James Mangold believed in the character hence why she was in Logan it was basically a platform to launch her into the big screen for a future saga.

The reason why I want a new Laura is because I somehow believe Disney and Fox will figure things out really soon and this project will be official and possible with a trilogy. Just logically thinking and the buzz this thing has already with Logan's introduction the trilogy will come and will not be gamble but wise investment for them. I think we will be seeing Laura/X-23 movie latest 2021 and possible with a running trilogy to follow in the coming years
    So, you want the X-23 movie to be a reboot for the MCU? Fair enough (and if and when X-Men gets added to the MCU, I would like to see the character have a place of some kind). However, I know I myself (and some others) want the movie to be a de facto Logan sequel instead, and hiring Keen again fits that plan. (And, as stated before, so far as we know, the official plan is that the X-23 movie will be a Logan sequel and written with the intent that Keen play the character again, not a recasted reboot.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Concept #6 breakdown is up.

I get Mike's point about future artists on this one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a girl whose got the butt to rock the yoga shorts, but guaranteed SOMEONE tasked with drawing that costume would fail to do the research, and turn those shorts into a thong. Hell, it didn't take long for artists to forget that Laura's black and gray cowl was intended to be a HELMET, not flexible material.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Part 6 of choi's breakdown of her costume
    https://twitter.com/MikeChoiArt/stat...024541696?s=19

So the gloves are from lady Gaga.
    Ya ninja'ed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Concept #6 breakdown is up.

I get Mike's point about future artists on this one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a girl whose got the butt to rock the yoga shorts, but guaranteed SOMEONE tasked with drawing that costume would fail to do the research, and turn those shorts into a thong.
    It happened with Wonder Woman. As I understand it, she originally wore a skirt that was changed into a pair of shorts. From there, the shorts morphed into something more akin to the bottom of a swimsuit over the years.

Ignoring the question of what the short could morph into, I don't think the X-23 costume design is a good one one the grounds that it's too unbalanced; because of how short they are, there's not enough color to balance out the top, which has a lot more design to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Hell, it didn't take long for artists to forget that Laura's black and gray cowl was intended to be a HELMET, not flexible material.
    Unless it's made out of fictional bullet-proof fabric?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Superb chemistry? LOL. Good one, dude. (FYI the Angel relationship is very unpopular on this board so Very few are going to agree with you there.)

I think your ideas are way out there. I highly doubt Gabby will be put into a movie, and if Disney takes over I’m pretty sure we can kiss any chance of a Laura solo flick good bye. More than likely Disney will reboot the whole X-line and make new movies that adhere to the established MCU formula. Laura isn’t a guaranteed cash cow compared to more iconic characters.

Also you keep saying you want an older Laura but give no real reason why. Keen’s age wouldn’t hold back any Laura film. Mangold and Kyle clearly already have a story in mind for her and neither of them have claimed they’d have to wait for Keen to get older.
    I thought Laura sold well since she was a breakout character and the only one of her generation to actually get more of a chance than the rest though Surge, Hellion, Prodigy, Pixie, and Armor found some traction. Though Hellion and Prodigy are the only other New X-Men to get some sort of spotlight currently anyway. Though I pity Prodigy's position. And maybe since Tamaki is a new writer and new writers tend to mean new supporting character she'll either make new ones or use someone from Laura's past. Maybe Hellion since Angel appearing will only make people's teeth hurt. And I don't think it's just this board alone where Warren and Laura's relationship is hated upon.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-26-2018 at 05:19 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I thought Laura sold well since she was a breakout character and the only one of her generation to actually get more of a chance than the rest though Surge, Hellion, Prodigy, Pixie, and Armor found some traction. Though Hellion and Prodigy are the only other New X-Men to get some sort of spotlight currently anyway. Though I pity Prodigy's position. And maybe since Tamaki is a new writer and new writers tend to mean new supporting character she'll either make new ones or use someone from Laura's past. Maybe Hellion since Angel appearing will only make people's teeth hurt. And I don't think it's just this board alone where Warren and Angel's relationship is hated upon.
    Comics and movies are different animals and don’t necessarily share the same audience. Laura is one of my favorite characters, but she isn’t a household name like certain other X-Men.

Anyway regarding Laura’s relationships, Warren has flirted with pretty much every woman he’s met in Blue so it’s be insulting to Laura if Tamaki continues that relationship. Not to mention that Hopeless made their relationship incredibly toxic and abusive. I just hope it gets acknowledged on panel that they broke up or something.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 03-26-2018 at 03:40 AM.