Page 771 of 808 FirstFirst ... 271671721761767768769770771772773774775781 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 12112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Which was one of my longstanding complaints about ANW, that -that- part of her personality was removed. I hope Laura’s civvies get their goth edge back in her next solo.
    I'm going to be fair on this: There's a LOT of misunderstanding of what Goth actually is, and pop culture doesn't help. I think Taylor was under the VERY common impression that Goth = moody and depressed, so now that Laura has largely healed on she shouldn't dress in that fashion. It's unfortunate, but also a widespread misconception of what the subculture is (see also: Hellion being called a "Mall Goth" in PR even though, while he went through a bad Emo phase after Second Coming, he was NEVER Goth).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm going to be fair on this: There's a LOT of misunderstanding of what Goth actually is, and pop culture doesn't help. I think Taylor was under the VERY common impression that Goth = moody and depressed, so now that Laura has largely healed on she shouldn't dress in that fashion. It's unfortunate, but also a widespread misconception of what the subculture is (see also: Hellion being called a "Mall Goth" in PR even though, while he went through a bad Emo phase after Second Coming, he was NEVER Goth).
    This could be on the artist(s) more than Taylor for ANW, though I totally agree re: Rosenberg and Hellion. However, people do change their style all the time, though it would be nice to have a line or something reflecting this if it is the case.

I do think that the mixing of Athleisure and Goth styles is a good thing for Laura, and is kinda reflected in her new 'work' outfit, though it's a little bit last decade IMO compared to this:

Here's a cool variant cover that I hadn't seen actually for comparison:

(Thanks, XCE)

I do think it's amusing that artists still have casual clothes for around the home be pretty presentable compared to crappy sweatpants, baggy t-shirts, weird pajamas or w/e. It's almost always super neat outfits haha.
    Last edited by Jumpyshark; 06-12-2018 at 07:40 AM.

I’m pretty sure Taylor had a hand in it. It’s something that was consistent through multiple artists in the title, and she never dressed so plainly before.

I’m thinking Ambaryerno is right, but I don’t think it’s a good excuse. Laura choosing her own fashion was a significant moment for her character and one that carried over for years. “She’s not depressed anymore, so she shouldn’t wear black” is, IMO, a dumb stance to take (if that’s the reason behind it). Yeah it’s a common attitude. But that doesn’t make it less ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I’m pretty sure Taylor had a hand in it. It’s something that was consistent through multiple artists in the title, and she never dressed so plainly before.
    I'm pretty sure her wardrobe was a result of Taylor and editorial's instruction to artists that Laura should not be sexualized.

Imo her casual outfits should be something like Jessica Jones on her show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Which is also pretty much what her style was in some chapters of the Liu series.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Yeah, that'd be a pretty good compromise between fashion and modesty.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Just finished Hunt for Wolverine Adamantium Agenda

Guess who the new ally is. (Mentioned in the summary of today's issue). I am not surprised at all.

spoilers:
    There is an auction for a DNA related to a superhero. Laura went also undercover to the auction for the DNA. One of the participants, who voiced her disappointment, that the DNA is not Logan's, is actually Laura. It is revealed on the last page. (as ANWolverine)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gylfie; 06-13-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Just finished Hunt for Wolverine Adamantium Agenda

Guess who the new ally is. (Mentioned in the summary of today's issue). I am not surprised at all.

spoilers:
    There is an auction for a DNA related to a superhero. Laura went also undercover to the auction for the DNA. One of the participants, who voiced her disappointment, that the DNA is not Logan's, is actually Laura. It is revealed on the last page. (as ANWolverine)
    end of spoilers
    I saw that too. Really enjoyed that moment. Can't wait to see what comes of it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

It's about damn time she got into the game. As I said in the other thread, her absence in the whole Return hoopla has been one of THE most egregious omissions.

Astonishing Member

The ads for x23 in the physical comics got some new text on it. It reads "when her sister is taken, Laura will have to confront who she was and who she will become" and "what sinister enemy is hiding in plain sight".

The thee in ones are going after gabby, they must be killed now.

Surely the Cuckoos must be brainwashed? They've been stripped of their individuality, and now they're kidnapping Gabby?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Surely the Cuckoos must be brainwashed? They've been stripped of their individuality, and now they're kidnapping Gabby?
    Who knows? So far we still only have one cover suggesting Laura is FIGHTING the Cuckoos, which seems to conflict with the solicits we've seen that suggests she's working WITH them.

Also, "Sinister Enemy" makes me think either Essex or Claudine is involved.

Amazing Member

That was awesome. She's FINALLY IN THE GAME. And without Gabby (no offense to Gabby) she don't need to hold anything back.

Spectacular Member

i take back what I said last week LAURA is finally getting in on the game, THANK YOU finally. plus i like that it is revealed Sinister had the DNA since he tried to get the adamantium statue of Logan in Wolverine's.