Page 636 of 808 FirstFirst ... 136536586626632633634635636637638639640646686736 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 12112

I'm surprised Laura isn't in a Wolverine uniform in Future Fight, considering she came in the same update as the current Falcon costume and Punisher: War Machine. That's not a complaint though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm surprised Laura isn't in a Wolverine uniform in Future Fight, considering she came in the same update as the current Falcon costume and Punisher: War Machine. That's not a complaint though.
    50 50 chance its either her wolverine costumes will be added later or rewards. Ex Logan's age of apocalypse outift is the only costume worth geting du to damage reduction and increase to rate to get critical hits.her black and gray wolverine costume would probaly give her a the same. It makes more sence to use a X-23 outift as her base.

Or its a hint she will lose the name. Its probally the first one.

Any of you fans if they got rid of her trigger scent? If so what issue is it in?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Check out All New Wolverine 13-18.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Any of you fans if they got rid of her trigger scent? If so what issue is it in?

I’m ok with it being gone. I’m not really sold on the way it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    thanks, i'll check it out.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    uh oh, I hope it's not too bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I actually thought it made perfect sense. This is the first time there was a telepath handy to see what actually happened inside her head while she was triggered, and it fits with the idea that the conditioning is pyschological. She was literally tortured into reacting violently when she smelled the scent, so it stands to reason her consciousness retreated SOMEWHERE to protect herself from the pain, thus why she blacks out under its effects (in fact, this is precisely why I hated Liu's "Make a trigger scent that affects EVERYBODY!" plot. It completely ignores everything we were ever shown about how the trigger works). And it's perfectly logical her consciousness would hide in one of her few pleasant memories of the Facility. The imagery was perfectly fitting, as well; Laura was conditioned at an extremely young age, so that's how we were seeing her. Making use of the Pinocchio quote was also a beautiful parallel, since it's thematically very appropriate.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-10-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I think it was a perfectly fine idea (the trigger was rarely used in the first place, I think that they exhausted all the story-telling possibilities with her stuck with it, and it worked to push the character forward). I do think that the ending didn't quite stick for me (it felt like the the actual workings of how they did it were glossed over a bit), but I do think that keeping it focused on the characters and the emotional part of it was the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Collected in All-New Wolverine Vol. 3: Enemy of the State II, if you prefer trades over single issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I actually thought it made perfect sense. This is the first time there was a telepath handy to see what actually happened inside her head while she was triggered, and it fits with the idea that the conditioning is pyschological. She was literally tortured into reacting violently when she smelled the scent, so it stands to reason her consciousness retreated SOMEWHERE to protect herself from the pain, thus why she blacks out under its effects...
    Yeah, I had kinda wondered why teen Jean Grey was able to deprogram her here when adult Emma Frost expressed doubts that anyone could undo the damage in New X-Men, until I saw someone online point out that Enemy of the State II was the first time they had both a telepath and a sample of the chemical so they could assess the situation in progress.

...(in fact, this is precisely why I hated Liu's "Make a trigger scent that affects EVERYBODY!" plot. It completely ignores everything we were ever shown about how the trigger works).
    Wasn't it a modified strain? If so, the rules could be different. After all, Laura was the first test subject for the chemical (and the project was overseen by a scientist who went out of his way to torture her whenever possible).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wasn't it a modified strain? If so, the rules could be different. After all, Laura was the first test subject for the chemical (and the project was overseen by a scientist who went out of his way to torture her whenever possible).
    The problem as I said is that there's nothing inherently special about the trigger scent itself. It's just a scent. Laura had to be psychologically conditioned to react to it via torture. This was shown in Target X to involve combinations of electric shock and waterboarding/drowning her with the stuff.

THAT is why a "universal trigger" based on the Facility's work with it wouldn't be possible: To get just anyone to react it would have to affect the exposed subjects in a completely different manner altogether.

The problem as I said is that there's nothing inherently special about the trigger scent itself. It's just a scent. Laura had to be psychologically conditioned to react to it via torture. This was shown in Target X to involve combinations of electric shock and waterboarding/drowning her with the stuff.

THAT is why a "universal trigger" based on the Facility's work with it wouldn't be possible: To get just anyone to react it would have to affect the exposed subjects in a completely different manner altogether.
    Okay, point taken.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

*SIGH*

Apparently there's no preview for ANW #29. Which makes it the ONLY Marvel book next week that doesn't have a preview.

*SIGH*

Apparently there's no preview for ANW #29. Which makes it the ONLY Marvel book next week that doesn't have a preview.
    I'm just relieved that its still releasing next week?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm just relieved that its still releasing next week?
    Still annoying that they released previews for every other book releasing next week, but not for this one.

*SIGH*

I noticed that too and that has me concerned. In my experience, a lack of a preview usually ups the chance of a delay. Now, there have been instances where a preview has come late and the book still comes out on time. More often than not, though, no preview usually means there was a hiccup in the release schedule. Given how great each issue of All New Wolverine has been lately, it's frustrating, but I am willing to wait longer for that kind of quality.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.