Page 447 of 808 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 12112
    Astonishing Member

I have a question. If the reason Laura not on any teams is because of immune then by the same logic shouldn't old man logan not be on any teams because he's going back to his timeline to save baby Bruce....

BANNED

Some more X-23 concept art for Logan, including the pre-Dafne Keen teenager concept.

BANNED

I REALLY like that one. Has a very Target X vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I REALLY like that one. Has a very Target X vibe
    Target X x NYX hybrid. I love it! I so hope they will follow this further.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    Target X x NYX hybrid. I love it! I so hope they will follow this further.
    Tweeted Mangold as much. Laura is one of the few characters that can ACTUALLY make the Goth look work.

The first one could even indicate a Assassin crossover. Interesting style. XD

Amazing Member

I REALLY like that one. Has a very Target X vibe.

Man, I really wish they'd have gone with this instead. I know I'm in the minority, but as much as I did enjoy Laura in the movie, I felt she was missing a LOT of what made her awesome.

It's a nice concept that takes something from the comics, I can see why they did go with a younger girl for the heartwarming feels and all that it kept the focus on the father/daughter relationship. Had they gone with an older teen and dressed her like this much of the focus would be on how hot she is and not on sympathy for her position and the relationship she has with Logan. Not that they can't do the goth chick rebel look in future if they want to use the character again.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    K/Y would be my top pick as well. They understand Laura like no one else can, they perfected Hellion and did a great job with the other characters. If we had to have fresh blood and don't have to be realistic of who would be an option, I'd actually love to see Tynion write such a book. He's done a great job over in Detective Comics writing an ensemble cast with very different personalities. The book has been exciting and has emotion. Third pick that's probably a more realistic option would be Asmus. He also did a good job over in All New Inhumans with a wide cast and gave everyone an opportunity to shine. He pays attention to characterization, which is definitely needed with these characters, and appreciated in an era where many writers let the story steer the characters instead of the other way around.

As for art? Clay Mann, if he wasn't now DC exclusive. Since he is, my 'realistic choice' would be Anka. I've always found it really endearing how much of a fan he is of the NXM. Besides liking his style, I know he'd give the book a lot of the love it deserves.
    KYost were the reason I really started liking a lot of the characters, Surge especially I think they turned her away from being just a brat to somebody who has leadership qualities and really cares for the people around her.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Had they gone with an older teen and dressed her like this much of the focus would be on how hot she is and not on sympathy for her position and the relationship she has with Logan.
    This is precisely why they opted to go younger. They wanted to subvert the "Teen Sidekick/Hero" trope, which we've already seen extensively with Rogue, Negasonic, and Scott/Jean/Kurt in Apocalypse, as well as avoid "Hey, look at the attractive up-and-coming actress in the hot costume!" that would distract from the story (funny thing is my mom remarked after seeing the movie that Dafne is going to grow into quite the looker when she's older). They also wanted to emphasize the idea of Logan being a FATHER, which making him pick her up as a teen would create a significantly different dynamic than as a child.

Amazing Member

This is precisely why they opted to go younger. They wanted to subvert the "Teen Sidekick/Hero" trope, which we've already seen extensively with Rogue, Negasonic, and Scott/Jean/Kurt in Apocalypse, as well as avoid "Hey, look at the attractive up-and-coming actress in the hot costume!" that would distract from the story (funny thing is my mom remarked after seeing the movie that Dafne is going to grow into quite the looker when she's older). They also wanted to emphasize the idea of Logan being a FATHER, which making him pick her up as a teen would create a significantly different dynamic than as a child.
    All of that is true, it's just not to my preference. It was a good movie, just not one that I loved, which considering that Laura is one of my favorite characters, kinda bums me out. I think the movie lost more than it gained, I didn't feel that they did enough to earn the 'father' aspects for Logan (definitely not enough for the DADDY cry) and it leaves the universe in kind of a crappy place if we're going to go back to X-23 in the future. As an elseworlds, I don't mind it much, as actual continuity, it bothers me a lot more. I was also annoyed that Laura was the only kid with a real accent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bishopcruz View Post
    All of that is true, it's just not to my preference. It was a good movie, just not one that I loved, which considering that Laura is one of my favorite characters, kinda bums me out. I think the movie lost more than it gained, I didn't feel that they did enough to earn the 'father' aspects for Logan (definitely not enough for the DADDY cry) and it leaves the universe in kind of a crappy place if we're going to go back to X-23 in the future. As an elseworlds, I don't mind it much, as actual continuity, it bothers me a lot more. I was also annoyed that Laura was the only kid with a real accent.
    The accent you could chalk up to Laura appearing to be younger than the others, as she's 11 and most of the rest (who spoke, at least) appeared to be a couple years older. The fact that she's also largely feral and doesn't speak much could also play into it why her English isn't as clean as the older, more sociable kids.

I'm glad they went with a younger Laura. I could really feel the Innocence Lost influence. I do hope we'll get to see an older goth'd out Laura but for the purposes of the movie I'm very happy with what we got. I've seen it twice now.

There's nothing stopping them going for a more goth look next time. Dafne Keen will be a teenager by the time they use Laura again in anything. That's another reason for casting so young. She won't grow out of the role nearly as quick. If they'd cast someone 10 years older you'd end up with a 30something playing a character who's still a teenager in the comics, by film four.

Is it a coincidence that Dafne's Laura has things in common with Gabby? Is Laura's youth in the film the reason Gabby was created in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's nothing stopping them going for a more goth look next time. Dafne Keen will be a teenager by the time they use Laura again in anything. That's another reason for casting so young. She won't grow out of the role nearly as quick. If they'd cast someone 10 years older you'd end up with a 30something playing a character who's still a teenager in the comics, by film four.

Is it a coincidence that Dafne's Laura has things in common with Gabby? Is Laura's youth in the film the reason Gabby was created in the comics?
    Nope. No real coordination between ANW characters and Laura's appearance in Logan