Page 458 of 808 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 12112
    BANNED

Really need to grab a scan of that panel from Girls' Night Out when I get home.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    A little of topic but is anyone else getting worryed abouth Lauras future with marvel stating diversity is bad and art dosent matter. I can see marvel forcing her in to obscurity to bring back logan. Im probably worrying abouth nothing but marvel did dumner moves in the past. I hope all new wolverie contines and laura stayes in the spotlight for a bit.
    I think that's been taken severely out of context. It also ignores bigger problems in Marvel's business practices.

Ultimate Member

She was just one of the main characters in a critically-acclaimed, financially successful big film (in fact the plot basically centered around her). AND she was one of the most praised parts of said film. AND her profile amongst the public has probably never been higher than it is right now.

Marvel would be really REALLY dumb to push her to the background NOW of all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Talk about missing the obvious. Explaining that cutting someone tendon is ‘cathartic’ is something a happy well adjusted person would do, it’s something that comes out of the mouth of someone who is angry and spiteful. And it is something that Laura would never have done before. Try following the original discussion next time.
    No, cutting the scientist's tendons is to make sure he can't escape, like an anti-hero would. The cathartic part is telling him off with strong words. That still doesn't change the fact that normal teenagers don't properly use psychological terms.

Ultimate Member

I have never heard a normal teenager use the word "cathartic" in normal conversation before. They might say "that felt good" or something like that. But unless they're particularly-intellectually minded, or doing school work, they don't use words like "cathartic."

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That's one of the best Laura drawing's I've ever seen. Amazing work from the artist. o.O

It appears that I am very late in this conversation. Where to begin.

Mia you seem to be falsely equating Laura's inability to express herself in a normal way, and over all lack of communication and social skills, with the character's maturity and restraint.

As for the notion of Nature vs Nurture, they could not have screamed that she is a product of Nurture as the authorial intent any louder.

anything she would be trained to be disciplined and There’s a scene in X-Force where Laura chastises Rhane for not being able to get a handle on herself:
    Attachment 47389
    Attachment 47390
    That scene, in context, was there to illustrate her detachment and inability to relate with others; it was meant to illustrate her psychological problems as much as her tactical strength.

So now we are supposed to believe that she thinks it’s okay to loose her composure? To what purpose?
    I still don’t understand how you can consider a character development or an improvement to fly off the handle. Anyone can do that, my 7 year old niece has temper tantrums. As we get older or as we grow and mature, one is supposed to gain more self-control not lose it. To do so is regressive.
    She didn't lose control, she was in total control of herself, she just allowed herself a moment to express her rage.

As for the purpose, it is stated in the text.

ca·thar·tic
    kəˈTHärdik/
    adjective: cathartic

providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis.

As has been mentioned, it was incredibly tame compared to other ways she's previously expressed her rage.

Also, that doesn't sound anything like a generic teenager and it sure as $#@% doesn't sound like a trash talking wrestler.

What that scenes dialogue most reminded me of was this...

https://youtu.be/KS0Rc45tj60?t=49

Attachment 47387

If she’s a cold and emotionless then why is she crying?
    No one said she was cold and emotionless, just that she was out of touch with her emotions, didn't know how to express them, and had been conditioned not to express them. Crying is the most basic and primal expression of emotion, infants cry, no matter how well you control yourself you will reach a point where the tears will come (or at least that is the prevalent pop culture opinion which with fiction is all that matters.). Now lets place that scene in context, that was the first time she'd killed someone, the first time the trigger scent was used, and also one of the few people who'd ever showed her any kindness.

Laura’s already been shown to have shown emotions in the past. And it has always been at appropriate times. She’s even mentioned that she feels:
    Attachment 47388
    Awkwardly, unemotively, using only words because she didn't know how else to express herself.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 04-01-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Let's not forget that the SAME comic in which she chastised Rahne for not handling herself, is the SAME comic in which Laura started mutilating herself because Logan yelled at her and she couldn't understand her feelings on it.

BANNED

Here we go:

Laura sees this guy from across the club, recognizes him from her time with Zebra Daddy, and demands he turn the girl loose. He gets mouthy about her past. She then proceeds to snikt him in the groin. That he pulled a gun on her is pretty irrelevant, as she approached him with the intent of a confrontation from the start. I don't see any difference between this and what she did to Chandler.

And this was written by Liu.

Even Jubilee seems to be nervously thinking WTF there.

There are plenty of examples over Laura's history where she "lost her composure" and attacked. The main difference between those scenes and the ones Mia chose to back up their point being how Laura verbalized her thoughts. But I guess because Laura used one cuss word that relegates her to Rhonda Rousey status.

I don't agree with or necessarily like all of the choices Taylor has made, but as far as her characterization goes that part of it seems like a weird thing to complain about to me.

Maggie dressed as Laura!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Maggie dressed as Laura!
    Along with Bart as her Angel LMFAO
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Maggie dressed as Laura!
    Further proof that X-23 has achieved true mainstream success.

The rule of thumb is you're not a true star until you've guest starred in some way on the Simpsons. Well, now X-23 and the rest of the X-men can make that claim. Can any of the Avengers? Can any of the Defenders? I think not.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.