Page 486 of 808 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I didn't even notice Jonathan until now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed. I'm really looking forward to Generations as well. Logan never got to talk to Laura about the future. He never really talked to anyone about having a legacy or wanting to pass it on. But I always thought Laura brought out the best in Logan whenever she was around him. She revealed a side to him that was genuine. The Logan movie highlighted that as well. When Laura brings out the father figure in him, it makes for the best drama for both characters. Throughout All-New Wolverine, Laura doesn't refer to herself as Logan's clone, just as she doesn't really refer to Gabby as her clone. She sees Logan as her father and Gabby as her sister. That family element is one of the best parts of the series. I would argue it helps make All-New Wolverine one of the best comics on the racks right now. If Generations can capture that family element, then it will be worth every penny, and then some. Taylor has already done a masterful job with those elements in the series. I hope he can do that in Generations as well.
    Yeah, in fact, the only real "talk" they had about Laura's future was after Second Coming where Logan questioned her on what she wanted to do with her life now that she was free. Having them actually talk to each other about Logan's legacy moving forward would solidy Laura as the Wolverine. Though, it'll be interesting seeing Laura interact with (presumably) the 616 version of Logan while we won't remember it unless Laura plays stranger.

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

August Solicits

GENERATIONS: WOLVERINE & ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #1
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A)
    Cover by Jorge Molina
    Variant cover by Olivier Coipel
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER C BY ALEX ROSS
    Variant cover by TBA
    THE TEAM-UP YOU’VE ALL BEEN ASKING FOR!
    • The death of WOLVERINE shook the Marvel Universe… And the ascension of the ALL-NEW WOLVERINE reimagined what a healing factor and some Adamantium claws can do!
    • But the amazing combination of LOGAN and LAURA is the duo you’ve been waiting for! Tom Taylor, the mind behind ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, brings you Generations…a double-Wolverine team-up for the ages!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #23
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A)
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    WOLVERINE VERSUS BROOD…SO MANY BROOD!
    • With hundreds of BROOD coming at them and no end in sight, is this the final chapter in WOLVERINE’s story?
    • Will the combined might of the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY be any help at all?
    • Will we see a FASTBALL SPECIAL involving DRAX and Wolverine? I sure hope so!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Okay, so I have to ask as I was going to wait for the whole "alien virus" story arc to finish, as it sounded meh. But, judging by August's solicits, as well as some of the posts, it sounds like it was better than expected? Also, is the Brood part of the whole "Alien Virus" story?
    Last edited by Pandarifically Delusional; 05-25-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarifically Delusional View Post
    Okay, so I have to ask as I was going to wait for the whole "alien virus" story arc to finish, as it sounded meh. But, judging by August's solicits, as well as some of the posts, it sounds like it was better than expected? Also, is the Brood part of the whole "Alien Virus" story?
    So far a connection hasn't been made in the book itself. Presumably that's going to happen in #21. I've found it pretty enjoyable so far. Kind of disappointed Nemesis wasn't one of the geniuses working on the virus in #20. Watching him and Rapaccini butt heads could have been a showdown of condescendingly EPIC proportions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    you know this video has probably the best description of who Laura is and what she stands for. i see alot of these videos of Laura and i just never feel like they portray it accurately until this one.

Spectacular Member

hey i stumbled upon some comics that feature Laura but they are not listed as comics with her on her wiki pages. i was reading the comics that feature her in the Marvel team-up (2004) collection where she helps spider-man, cap, and black widow against alternate reality Tony Stark and figured since i started this story better finish it. well i got to issue 15 of the series and Laura was on the cover, which shocked me, so i continued reading and it turns out issues 15-18 of Marvel team-up (2004) has a time travel story that has Laura being a member of the team. the footnotes of it is a guy named CHRONOK in the future gathers an army and knowledge of the i.d.'s and whereabouts of all the super hero's and goes back in time to kill them all and take over. Laura is the sole surviving x-men and teams up with dagger, darkhawk, speedball, gravity, sleepwalker, and terror inc, who are the sole surviving hero's of earth, to go to the future to stop CHRONOK before he ever attempts his plan. they succeed but thanks to the whole time travel alternate timeline mumbo jumbo they can't travel back to there time. the story-line is called League of Losers and from what i can tell it is technically part of the 616 universe, i think, i dunno? so there is an alternate 616 timeline where Laura saves all the super hero's of the world, is trapped in the future and apparently started a relationship with Gravity? also if you are wondering she doesn't have many lines and they're basically meh, not the best and i guess not the worst.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    hey i stumbled upon some comics that feature Laura but they are not listed as comics with her on her wiki pages. i was reading the comics that feature her in the Marvel team-up (2004) collection where she helps spider-man, cap, and black widow against alternate reality Tony Stark and figured since i started this story better finish it. well i got to issue 15 of the series and Laura was on the cover, which shocked me, so i continued reading and it turns out issues 15-18 of Marvel team-up (2004) has a time travel story that has Laura being a member of the team. the footnotes of it is a guy named CHRONOK in the future gathers an army and knowledge of the i.d.'s and whereabouts of all the super hero's and goes back in time to kill them all and take over. Laura is the sole surviving x-men and teams up with dagger, darkhawk, speedball, gravity, sleepwalker, and terror inc, who are the sole surviving hero's of earth, to go to the future to stop CHRONOK before he ever attempts his plan. they succeed but thanks to the whole time travel alternate timeline mumbo jumbo they can't travel back to there time. the story-line is called League of Losers and from what i can tell it is technically part of the 616 universe, i think, i dunno? so there is an alternate 616 timeline where Laura saves all the super hero's of the world, is trapped in the future and apparently started a relationship with Gravity? also if you are wondering she doesn't have many lines and they're basically meh, not the best and i guess not the worst.
    I'd heard of it, but never read it.

I'd heard of it, but never read it.
    It's just ok. I wouldn't really recommend it. The issue where she first meets Spider-Man is kind of amusing though.

"Wolverine? What did they do to you?"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    It's just ok. I wouldn't really recommend it. The issue where she first meets Spider-Man is kind of amusing though.

first off are you talking about the story with spider-man, cap, and Nat or the other story i was talking about? still i agree with you that both are just ok, but i would recommend the spider team-up over the league of loser story. while on the subject someone with knowledge on how the wiki pages work should at least update the page and add those four issue in their so people know they exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post

That's the one where Laura, Spidey, Cap, and Black Widow are dealing with an evil AU Tony Stark, not League of Losers. That one I HAVE read, and it's very much the Claremont-style snarly berserker Laura before her character was properly nailed down. As with the Uncanny issues, Kyle and Yost more or less ignored it when they did Target X (Team-Up implies THAT, not Target X, was her and Cap's first meeting). Otherwise the only really significant thing about it is that it's kind of Laura's first real foray outside the X-books.

That's the one where Laura, Spidey, Cap, and Black Widow are dealing with an evil AU Tony Stark, not League of Losers. That one I HAVE read, and it's very much the Claremont-style snarly berserker Laura before her character was properly nailed down. As with the Uncanny issues, Kyle and Yost more or less ignored it when they did Target X (Team-Up implies THAT, not Target X, was her and Cap's first meeting). Otherwise the only really significant thing about it is that it's kind of Laura's first real foray outside the X-books.
    I wasn't entirely clear (worked until 11 last night). I meant that the League of Losers story arc is just ok and not really worth hunting down. Even the Laura, Spider-Man, Cap and Black Widow team-up isn't all that special though.

BANNED

I really don't get what the deal with these things are, but:

Logan Behind the Scenes.

How she is beaming...so adorable. That movie must have been so much fun to make for her. Something she will look back to with a smile on her face, instead of being ashamed of it like so many other stars that started their careers as kids.

I really don't get what the deal with these things are, but:

Just came here to post this. Yeah baby.

Ultimate Member

I'm curious to see if, should Wonder Woman do well, if Fox will fast-track an X-23 film more. You know, to get their own female-led X-Men film out there to.