Page 677 of 808 FirstFirst ... 177577627667673674675676677678679680681687727777 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Eh I’d welcome a fresh perspective on Laura. In any case Taylor will still be writing Laura, Gabby and presumably Jonathan on Red.
    I assume this means her costume in Red will have the cowl removed, and the grey costume will be history?

Mighty Member

Some thoughts on this assuming its true, he being called X-23 is a regression. she moved beyond that name and was better at the hero aspect of being wolverine then logan, and the two reskins(who never should have been brought over and should go away or die) will ever be. If there is not a clear reason why she has to go back i'm calling bull. next Tamaki did a good job with she-hulks mental problems so im assuming she would deal with more of the sensitive issues involving Laura( again this would hint that there would be a bigger reason to why she'd have to be called X-23), and had a good supporting cast so more assumption that some nyx or new xmen will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume this means her costume in Red will have the cowl removed, and the grey costume will be history?
    She could easily wear the black and greys without the cowl.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Oh look, it's Friday, time to dump on the New X-Men. :-P

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    She could easily wear the black and greys without the cowl.
    Only having the eye mask(what ever its called) could work, the black and gray is alredy a more updated look of her X-force gear

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think we need more details before we jump to the conclusion that Laura is losing the Wolverine name.

I’d be good with her ditching the cowl, in any case. Never liked how it looked on her. I’d prefer her to go back to a X-Force style domino mask if she had to have one.

I'm not even certain she still needs a mask. Not like her identity is a big secret. I do however miss those X-Force colors!

Ooh, that's a point. Because of the Old Woman Laura storyline, if it is true her time as Wolverine is over, that means tomorrow's issue could be the second to last outing for the current grey costume (it's last use being in X-Men Red #3).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Interestingly this morning I was listening to the This Week In Marvel podcast and they mentioned an X-23 series from Mariko Tamaki and Juan Cabal. They said it was announced on the Marvel website last week (apparently they record on Tuesdays). However, nothing was announced and I don't see anything on the website so maybe the podcast jumped the gun and no one caught it. Or Marvel delayed the announcement.
    Really hoping none of this is true. It'd be insulting for her to go back to being X-23 and while I like Tamaki's writing, I'd much rather keep Taylor on the book for as long as possible.

So, a conversation I had on Twitter.

Note that I do NOT have the direct source, and right now this is very much a, "I heard it from a guy who..."

Thoughts?

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

Mighty Member

Note that I do NOT have the direct source, and right now this is very much a, "I heard it from a guy who..."

Thoughts?
    What the hell is fox smoking, do they want to rune her so Disney cant use her out of spite? Unless keen is playing gabby in a cinimatic version of The four sisters theres no dam reasion to recast her. Unless its some convoluted time travel crap and there bring her from the futur/new mutants is set after Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Some thoughts on this assuming its true, he being called X-23 is a regression. she moved beyond that name and was better at the hero aspect of being wolverine then logan, and the two reskins(who never should have been brought over and should go away or die) will ever be. If there is not a clear reason why she has to go back i'm calling bull. next Tamaki did a good job with she-hulks mental problems so im assuming she would deal with more of the sensitive issues involving Laura( again this would hint that there would be a bigger reason to why she'd have to be called X-23), and had a good supporting cast so more assumption that some nyx or new xmen will show up.
    I feel that Enemy of the State II made "X-23" forever unusable as a codename, with Kimura's little tirade in #16: “You’re not Wolverine. You’re not a hero. You’re not even human. You weren’t born. You were built. You don’t have a name. You’re a letter and a number. ‘X-23’.” Jean later offers the counter: "You’re not X-23. You’re more than a letter and a number. You have a name. Laura Kinney." in #17 and Laura herself telling Kimura in #18: "I'm not X-23. I'm not your experiment. I'm not your **** property!"

Years ago they could've established Laura choosing to "steal" the designation as a codename (redefining it or something), but that story presented it as a dehumanizing slur, something that's primarily associated with the weapon programming that Laura has spent years to be rid of, and something she herself has rejected. While I could see them re-branding her solo series as "X-23" for marketing purposes, it doesn't make sense for her to ever willing use that designation again. (To be fair, we should wait and see what actually happens and how it is or is not pulled off.)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    I'm not even certain she still needs a mask. Not like her identity is a big secret. I do however miss those X-Force colors!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Only having the eye mask(what ever its called) could work, the black and gray is alredy a more updated look of her X-force gear
    I don't know, there was something off about the X-Force domino mask, IMHO. Maybe a pair of red-lensed goggles or sunglasses, or, like suggested, no headgear, like how she wore her old X-Force costume without the mask in the X-23 series.

Thoughts?
    Hope that never happens; I don't like horror and would rather see the original plan go through.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I feel that Enemy of the State II made "X-23" forever unusable as a codename, with Kimura's little tirade in #16: “You’re not Wolverine. You’re not a hero. You’re not even human. You weren’t born. You were built. You don’t have a name. You’re a letter and a number. ‘X-23’.” Jean later offers the counter: "You’re not X-23. You’re more than a letter and a number. You have a name. Laura Kinney." in #17 and Laura herself telling Kimura in #18: "I'm not X-23. I'm not your experiment. I'm not your **** property!"

Years ago they could've established Laura choosing to "steal" the designation as a codename (redefining it or something), but that story presented it as a dehumanizing slur, something that's primarily associated with the weapon programming that Laura has spent years to be rid of, and something she herself has rejected. While I could see them re-branding her solo series as "X-23" for marketing purposes, it doesn't make sense for her to ever willing use that designation again. (To be fair, we should wait and see what actually happens and how it is or is not pulled off.)
    My thoughts exactly. I don't think I'd even give a book where's she's calling herself 'X-23' again a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

I don't know, there was something off about the X-Force domino mask, IMHO. Maybe a pair of red-lensed goggles or sunglasses, or, like suggested, no headgear, like how she wore her old X-Force costume without the mask in the X-23 series.

Hope that never happens; I don't like horror and would rather see the original plan go through.
    The goggles at least could work if they retain their tech from ANW, augmenting her vision. But even then, I think she can do without. Just the body suit and jacket would be great.

As for New Mutants, I'm EXTREMELY skeptical, and intend to wait until we get something official. ESPECIALLY since we don't know context. For all we know, it could be as part of a post-credit cameo to set up a solo film, or that she'll be part of X-Force. Further commentary from the OP is that it will indeed be Keen reprising the role.

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

Thoughts?
    I don't have any evidence whatsoever but ever since I heard the news of a new character I thought it was Kitty Pryde. She was on the New Mutants and they're gonna give her a solo. Makes sense to be setting her up for it on NM.

Speaking of Daf, stumbled across this gem...

I'm trying to figure out if the girl in the middle is one of the Transigen kids. She kinda reminds me of the girl who controls plants, and used the pine needles to make one of the Reavers esplode, which might make it a photo from Logan's production.

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red