Page 428 of 808 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 12112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Lol, I can picture her meeting Deadpool and going to pick up his stuffed unicorn. A horrified Wade runs to snatch it from her. "Don't touch that!" Cue them growling at each other. Lol
    I really, REALLY want to see Wade and Laura interact PERIOD for the potential meta humor. I could just see Wade thinking she's the most adorable little thing, then does something to piss her off and she snikts him.

In fact they don't interact nearly enough in the books, either, for that matter.

Ultimate Member

Given how he reacted to NTW, it would be pretty funny. Especially since he LOVES making Wolverine jokes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I really, REALLY want to see Wade and Laura interact PERIOD for the potential meta humor. I could just see Wade thinking she's the most adorable little thing, then does something to piss her off and she snikts him.

In fact they don't interact nearly enough in the books, either, for that matter.
    I can't recall when they've ever interacted in the books, other than a cover.

Ultimate Member

"So she's like Wolverine essentially. Only feistier, and pint-sized, and well not a dude."

mvc_3__a_love_story_by_xxsupermanxx-d39igeu.jpg

What I am looking forward seeing Deadpool and Laura together. Humor like this. XD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I can't recall when they've ever interacted in the books, other than a cover.
    She met an alternate future version of him during Messiah War, but they didn't get to interact much. Wade did mess with her by casually mentioning another clone that was funnier. Laura didn't get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    mvc_3__a_love_story_by_xxsupermanxx-d39igeu.jpg

What I am looking forward seeing Deadpool and Laura together. Humor like this. XD
    Considering Wade has in the past expressed an...unhealthy attraction to many of the other male superheroes — Logan included — I could see him being confused when he sees Laura in the Wolverine suit.

Gonna drop yet another interview with Dafne and bless this thread. This time it's one from THR!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-future-983396

Like I said earlier. If Fox decides to recast her they are getting boycotted ultra hard!

Comments that stick out. Keen on playing Laura in the future: “She is an emotional bomb. She’s complicated — she tries to be so strong but she feels so kind of vulnerable at the same time. I really love her. I’d love to keep playing her.”
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 03-07-2017 at 12:09 PM.

BANNED

Either they bring her to the past, resurrect some X-men of note or wait until she ages up and has some proven success. I don't see Fox trusting Keen to carry a 50-100 Million Dollar Investment. I certainly wouldn't.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I don't think they ever said Caliban worked with the Reavers before the setting of the film.
    He did. Pierce said he read about Caliban working with his people, Transigen/Reavers, to hunt down mutants, when he was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    He did. Pierce said he read about Caliban working with his people, Transigen/Reavers, to hunt down mutants, when he was a kid.
    That's correct. It appears they were working together till like 1 year prior to the movie, because that is when Xavier had this incident and he and Logan met Caliban.

Also worth noting is, that at that point Logan's healing factor wasn't as weak as in the movie time. Because Caliban sounds really surprised when he confronts Logan with his findings. Imagine Gabrielle coming to Logan like 6 months earlier...then the movie would have ended differently, i am sure. Even if X24 was ready back then.
    It's all so bad timing. :/

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Not necessarily. You'd still have the rogues like Deadpool and Gambit that surely wouldn't have been at the mansion. I would think that what the Westchester incident did was kill the die hard do gooder types that lived and breathed X-men. The more morally grey characters probably were never at the mansion and most likely in the aftermath of the X-men being killed wouldn't really have a desire to rally mutants.

Of course, I think having them all in a the same timeline makes sense but you could easily keep this darker future and right a story about mutants regrouping at Eden and then finally some group of them decides to stop hiding and re-form an X-men team. In fact, this future would be a pretty good setting for an X-force team as darker times call for darker heroes.
    Don't see how X-Force matters in a world where mutants have already lost. The "cure" has already been in the food for decades, and most of the X-Men have been taken out. There's not much left to protect.

X-Force makes far more sense to happen in the past. Not to mention, Laura's development would greatly be helped by being in the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    That's correct. It appears they were working together till like 1 year prior to the movie, because that is when Xavier had this incident and he and Logan met Caliban.

Also worth noting is, that at that point Logan's healing factor wasn't as weak as in the movie time. Because Caliban sounds really surprised when he confronts Logan with his findings. Imagine Gabrielle coming to Logan like 6 months earlier...then the movie would have ended differently, i am sure. Even if X24 was ready back then.
    It's all so bad timing. :/
    I think that it's implied that the cure hampered the x gene of the already born mutants, because by 2029 it's still far too early for Logan's healing to be slowed to that effect.

And run around screaming: "GET HER OFF ! GET HER OFF !".

Or they could use this as a recasting joke:

All-New Member

Don't see how X-Force matters in a world where mutants have already lost. The "cure" has already been in the food for decades, and most of the X-Men have been taken out. There's not much left to protect.

X-Force makes far more sense to happen in the past. Not to mention, Laura's development would greatly be helped by being in the school.
    Didn't X-force exist after M-day? I would think they are more required when mutants are in danger of going extinct as opposed to when there are millions of them. Further, I don't think all mutants were at the mansion so more than likely mutants have simply gone into hiding. Professor X and his merry band of mutants are not the only mutants. In this universe a guy like Gambit for example has never been to the mansion so why would one presume there aren't other mutants that are not affiliated with the X-men?

There is also no suggestion that sentinels were used to hunt them as DOFP ended that threat and all we know is that Caliban was used to track them but I don't think a single mutant tracker could find all those mutants particularly when up until the incident, the X-men were still living in Westchester out in the open. You couldn't wipe out all the mutants in the world in such a short period of time. Furthermore, there is no indication in the film that mutants outside of the US are as affected hence why mutants are going across the border to Canada. It is highly unlikely that there is only one company that makes corn syrup across the entire globe.

So there are any number of ways for which X-force could be relevant. For all we know there is a whole community of mutants just hanging out in Canada and all they need a leader to rally them to actually fight instead of stay in hiding.

I think that it's implied that the cure hampered the x gene of the already born mutants, because by 2029 it's still far too early for Logan's healing to be slowed to that effect.
    Perhaps but implications can easily been ignored or undone in a universe where they literally rewrote the past. There is nothing in this movie that sets in stone the idea that this continuity couldn't give rise to a new team of X-men or that all of the well known X-men from the comics are dead.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.