Page 613 of 808 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So I was just thinking:

If Fox sells its media assets (including the X-Men) to Disney, there's a strong probability that Disney will reboot the X-Men outright rather than build from the Fox franchise. This has frustrated many of us in the thread, because it would likely kill the X-23 movie, and mean it will be YEARS (if ever) before we get her back in the films again.

But how funny would it be if Disney were to decide to skip using Logan, and jump right to Laura, instead, much like how they used the Scott Lang Ant-Man with Pym in the background as a retired mentor figure?

With all the people geeking out over seeing Wolverine in the iconic costume, it'd be an EPIC troll if DisMar were to use All-New Wolverine as the basis instead.
    While I certainly would not be opposed to that, I'm more of the thought that Disney acquiring Fox means any future appearances of Laura in the films is incredibly unlikely. Disney would likely reboot the whole franchise and recast everyone, and differentiate it from the Fox films as much as possible.

Plus, you can't explain Laura's existence without Logan, so the likelihood of them omitting Logan (who is still one of the X-franchise's most popular characters) and just inserting Laura in the films wouldn't ever happen.

So I was just thinking:

If Fox sells its media assets (including the X-Men) to Disney, there's a strong probability that Disney will reboot the X-Men outright rather than build from the Fox franchise. This has frustrated many of us in the thread, because it would likely kill the X-23 movie, and mean it will be YEARS (if ever) before we get her back in the films again.

But how funny would it be if Disney were to decide to skip using Logan, and jump right to Laura, instead, much like how they used the Scott Lang Ant-Man with Pym in the background as a retired mentor figure?

With all the people geeking out over seeing Wolverine in the iconic costume, it'd be an EPIC troll if DisMar were to use All-New Wolverine as the basis instead.
    I've already begun to make my peace with the whole situation to be honest, too much smoke/fire and I feel quite bad for Craig Kyle (who is currently penning a script with Mangold.) I actually wonder what his thoughts on this whole thing is. Realistically, if Marvel DID get the X-men back, (I think they will unfortunately.) Laura having any appearance in the movies is going to be set back some 7-8 years. Whoever they cast as Logan will still have a huge presence in the movies.

Then you have to factor in the fact that the Russo Brother's have both gone on record in an interview to say that they would love to use Wolverine in a movie and that he's their second favorite Marvel character. If some people think Logan won't be whore'd out left and right in the MCU like he was in the OT then they have another thing coming! Now on a more positive note, what they COULD do is shuffle a character like Laura off as a background character which would still take 7-8 years to happen. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Either way she wouldn't get a solo movie until Logan is no longer a huge presence. Kinda like where we are now. If Fox does sell their movie division to Disney, I'm pretty much walking away from anything X-men movie related.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 12-04-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So why did the writers have an expect scientist claim they were different things?
    Okay, you've lost me.

Are you talking about Sarah claiming she was a genetic twin not a clone?

She's not a true clone, there is a 1 chromosome difference.

I thought I just clarified this.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-04-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    I've already begun to make my piece with the whole situation to be honest, too much smoke/fire and I feel quite bad for Craig Kyle (who is currently penning a script with Mangold.) I actually wonder what his thoughts on this whole thing is. Realistically, if Marvel DID get the X-men back, (I think they will unfortunately.) Laura having any appearance in the movies is going to be set back some 7-8 years. Whoever they cast as Logan will still have a huge presence in the movies.

Then you have to factor in the fact that the Russo Brother's have both gone on record in an interview to say that they would love to use Wolverine in a movie and that he's their second favorite Marvel character. If some people think Logan won't be whore'd out left and right in the MCU like he was in the OT then they have another thing coming! Now on a more positive note, what they COULD do is shuffle a character like Laura off as a background character which would still take 7-8 years to happen. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Either way she wouldn't get a solo movie until Logan is no longer a huge presence. Kinda like where we are now. If Fox does sell their movie division to Disney, I'm pretty much walking away from anything X-men movie related.
    Mangold's response on Twitter when asked about it.

Take a deep breath. Nothing is ever as we expect. Whatever you spend your time fearing, that's the thing that'll never happen. It's the shit we don't expect that bites us in the ass.
    Not entirely sure what to make of this, but Mangold doesn't seem to be concerned.

Not entirely sure what to make of this, but Mangold doesn't seem to be concerned.
    Mangold is right to an extent. I'm not really concerned either anymore. As I've stated, I've begun to make my peace with it happening. I'm not gonna waste time worrying about something that's out of my control. But I do maintain the stance that Disney is about to get those rights back one way or another.

Edit: Speak of the Devil http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/12/...s-disney-deal/
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 12-04-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Okay, you've lost me.

Are you talking about Sarah claiming she was a genetic twin not a clone?

She's not a true clone, there is a 1 chromosome difference.

I thought I just clarified this.
    Yeah, that was a line from Innocence Lost.

However, I think I understand your point now. Thanks.

So I was just thinking:

As a thought experiment, that seems very unlikely. First of all, I'm pretty sure Marvel Studios would want to play with the A-listers first (and who can blame them). I'd kinda think you'd need to set up Wolverine first somehow before you could do X-23.

On the other hand, I would like to see some kind of All-New Wolverine adaptation somewhere down the line.

He seems to be taking the pretty mature route. Suppose you'd need to be able to do that in a business where things can fall through.

edit:
    I know a user who's not going to be happy to read that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

If we take his responce as crypric foreshadowing then there is hope. Look at mutiple man if Fox was going to sell why announce a movie unless Disney has planes for it. Disney knows keen has star power and will be a big name in the future. They'd want her on there side. Same with most of the fox xmen actors (except for Jennifer Lawrence) keeping them might be in Disney's favor. And with what there saying about avengers 4 merging the universe's wont happen for at least 3-5 years. If i had to take a leep of faith Disney will see how those movies are receved(we should get her movie in this time fraim) and keep the ones that get the best reception and we all know her movie will be critically aclamed. Or he could be saying be a peace we go her in Logan thats farther then anyone would have thought she get.

Anyways will find out around January. If the dealis resched by the end of the year like alot of sources say that's when will find out the faith of the X men.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Look at mutiple man if Fox was going to sell why announce a movie unless Disney has planes for it.
    Sony did the same thing, they announced a Sinister Six movie all the while signing contracts with Disney on the back-end. Happens all the time.

Disney knows keen has star power
    I think your definition of "star power" is off. Logan was the first movie she was in, and while she's a great actress. That movie alone is in no way a barometer for star power (Which the idea of star power has been fading for years now mind you.) She's a good actress, but no one knows if she can carry a film on her own or not. Even though we believe she can. Disney might believe otherwise.

I must say though Dthirds3, I do admire your optimism in the face of all this news!

I swear it would be super sad if by January we hear that the Gambit movie is cancelled. They still have time to block that because production was pushed to March.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 12-04-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Sony did the same thing, they announced a Sinister Six movie all the while signing contracts with Disney on the back-end. Happens all the time.

I think your definition of "star power" is off. Logan was the first movie she was in, and while she's a great actress. That movie alone is in no way a barometer for star power (Which the idea of star power has been fading for years now mind you.) She's a good actress, but no one knows if she can carry a film on her own or not. Even though we believe she can. Disney might believe otherwise.

I must say though Dthirds3, I do admire your optimism in the face of all this news!

I swear it would be super sad if by January we hear that the Gambit movie is cancelled. They still have time to block that because production was pushed to March.
    Gambit and deadpool are the only two we can assume will be safe with worst case if being a theatrical pg13 and a home dvd as a r rating.

And for keens star power i ment staying potencle. Rember they had Brown appear on the infinity war set because shes young, has a foot in the door and will only go up in value. Keen is the same Disney getting her at a young age and building her up would be a good investments. Rember the best part about Holland Spider-Man by Disney point is he's young, can be bulit up, and because he's so young the audance will grow up with him making more intrest. Also i gurenreed Disney would put both her and brown in disney channel shows/streaming service.

The optimism comes from the fact that if the deal was made now this second we wouldn't see any change untill after avengers 4. Avengers 4 will end this MCU, next will get movies leading up to the merge and finaly meating in avengers 5 the earlest this would be is abouth 2025. The'll still be X men movies during this time(probally one shots) or looses continuity like Deadpool. So getting a x23 movie isn't impossible its just could and how Disney can use her with a new Logan. Her and black widow would work and keen would also be the same age as MCU miles so there that. Break down how long to settle and its less worrying. Disney bought star wars in 2012, didn't get the movie till 2015. For somting like xmen who have been making more movies year compart to starwas with a huge gap between movies its going to be a long time untill any big changes

BANNED

Keep in mind that Fox is in nowhere NEAR the shape that Sony was in when they made their deal with Disney. Sinister Six was doomed by ASM2 no matter whether they made the deal with Disney or not. Meanwhile Fox is coming off spectacular successes with Deadpool and Logan. Deadpool 2, from what we've seen thus far, should also be a guaranteed success. New Mutants and Dark Phoenix are question marks since Fox has been so tight-lipped about them, compared to Deadpool 2. And IIRC, Sony was in seriously bad financial shape all around, whereas Fox isn't facing that problem. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants would have to fail SPECTACULARLY, and even then, Fox can easily switch gears and build off the franchise that IS working.

Some other points to consider:

Craig Kyle is co-writing, and has MCU connections already through the three Thor films.

Also, if Disney kills an X-23 film starring Dafne Keen, it means they'd be throwing up a stop sign on a major motion picture featuring a Hispanic female lead. That would make for some pretty serious bad press, considering even the MCU has faced backlash over representation.

Keep in mind that Fox is in nowhere NEAR the shape that Sony was in when they made their deal with Disney. Sinister Six was doomed by ASM2 no matter whether they made the deal with Disney or not. Meanwhile Fox is coming off spectacular successes with Deadpool and Logan. Deadpool 2, from what we've seen thus far, should also be a guaranteed success. New Mutants and Dark Phoenix are question marks since Fox has been so tight-lipped about them, compared to Deadpool 2. And IIRC, Sony was in seriously bad financial shape all around, whereas Fox isn't facing that problem. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants would have to fail SPECTACULARLY, and even then, Fox can easily switch gears and build off the franchise that IS working.

Some other points to consider:

Craig Kyle is co-writing, and has MCU connections already through the three Thor films.

Also, if Disney kills an X-23 film starring Dafne Keen, it means they'd be throwing up a stop sign on a major motion picture featuring a Hispanic female lead. That would make for some pretty serious bad press, considering even the MCU has faced backlash over representation.
    They can do this easily and get away with it in the press because, it's not a thing. It hasn't even been green-lit and it wasn't their idea in the first place. They are also not beholden to making Laura Hispanic should they choose to reboot and use her. (Whether that is right or not is beside the point. They simply don't have to follow any rules that Fox has set)

Before I say this, I will admit. I am in no way well-versed in business acquisitions between two giant ass corporations, okay DISCLAIMER! But I'm going to make an assumption based off of something I heard someone say could happen.

The only way ANY of the Fox-Marvel universe remains for a few more years. Is if more people start signing long term contracts now. Like, RIGHT NOW! Everyone who works for 21st to 20th Century Fox is going to sign contracts to protect their jobs, that's a given. But for the current actors/actresses in relation to the movies themselves. Depending on how expensive those contracts are, Disney could pay their way out of all of those movie contracts if they are that thirsty for the X-men in the MCU. Or they could just let those contracts run their course and then scrap the Fox-Marvel universe when those contracts have been fulfilled.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 12-04-2017 at 09:44 PM.

If and when Fox sells the movies, I think it's probably a good bet that stuff actually in production has a better chance of making it to the big screen than stuff still on the drawing board, which, unfortunately, includes the X-23 movie. Maybe it would be revised into something new, with or without James Mangold, Dafne Keen, and others involved instead of being an actual sequel to Logan. Personally, since I like the character period, I would accept if somewhere down the line they did some kind of X-23 reboot (I'd still like to see Keen play the character, even if it was a reboot). However, that's all up in the air, understandably, as we don't know the status of the talks yet, much less final decisions.

I think all we can know for sure is the future of the current X-Men movie series will depend on what the final future buyer wants to do with the property. They might want to put their own stamp on things, they might think that Fox has a good thing going and want to keep that in play. We don't know yet, although I think most of us assume the former and that could very well be the case.

"...a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. It's a privilege to be among them." - The Vision, The Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Random thought but is wildthing in the main marvel universe. I wonder what would happen if she and Laura meet. What would you think of Laura wildthing and avery conor (rember her) teaming up.

Random thought but is wildthing in the main marvel universe. I wonder what would happen if she and Laura meet. What would you think of Laura wildthing and avery conor (rember her) teaming up.

No, she’s not. She’s in the MC2 universe with Mayday Parker Spider-Girl. As far as Laura teaming up with Rina Logan.. I’d read that one shot.

Spectacular Member

funny you should mention her because i have been recently reading the comics that have her and i would also love her teaming up with Laura and thinking of what a comic with them together would be like. the best part about it is how dramatically different they are, heck Rina has more in common with Gabby than Laura. along those Lines i wonder what Torrent( Kendall Logan earth 9811) would be like with Laura, although i would rather she met Storm, but still alternate sibling.