Page 692 of 808 FirstFirst ... 192592642682688689690691692693694695696702742792 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I can understand that the X-23 movie project you've been working on is still not at a point where it can be discussed publicly, but I do very much hope that it makes it to be big screen.
    Seconded. Hope it all comes together in time.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Kyle View Post
    I haven't visited these boards in a long time, but this conversation drew me back in. Ambaryerno, you've got it all right. Laura's origin as told by Yost, Tan, Choi, Oback and me is the only version of those events. Any attempts to reimagine, change or retcon those stories should be ignored. I didn't mess with Barry Windsor-Smith's Weapon X story when I crafted Laura's origin, and I expect that same level of respect and care extended to Laura and me. So, rest assured, if it didn't happen in the original pages of Innocence Lost and Target X, it didn't happen at all.
    Huh never knew you had one but yeah take your time and you know do your best.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

If Laura is to ever find a new direction I think she she would do very well in a Grayson style book have her go around as having James Bond style adventures. Or as part of a covert team of mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If Laura is to ever find a new direction I think she she would do very well in a Grayson style book have her go around as having James Bond style adventures. Or as part of a covert team of mutants.
    That was one of my ideas for how to reconcile Laura and Julian: They get stuck working together on a sexy James Bond-style spy mission.

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

My first post here.

We all know that X-23/Laura is going to be hitting the big screen within the next 3 yrs. We haven't talked potential actress to honor this character.

I feel like as if X-23/Laura will out-perform both X-men franchiese and Deadpool. She has a rich story-line and very interesting background and personality things that make for great entertainment. Plus she is wild which is alot of interesting for action packed franchiese. I forsee X-23/Laura being the leading figure for 2020-2030 marvel movies.

She has the X-factor and I would perhaps say the most interesting female centric character hero. One of the reasons why I say this is that she would be able to transition into the screen much better then previously thought. She can be wildish, she is moody, pissed off most of the time, and ready to roll all time she just needs little push and she is ready to go.

I have some couple of actresses in my mind but folks lets keep it real and discuss which actresses can handle this character and remember lets go for a solid and well known actress that can pull this off.

Come with your suggestions we will listen and discuss
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 03-24-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That was one of my ideas for how to reconcile Laura and Julian: They get stuck working together on a sexy James Bond-style spy mission.
    I saw the dialogue for very it it was very well done well and I wish you were writing for Laura not Taylor because Taylor didn't have good new direction for her after after taking away her problems I was not too fond of the young adult style direction he went with it just didn't suit her character. The spy idea was also something I would give the New X-Men to set them apart from the main X-Men and give them their own niche that wouldn't threaten their predecessor's status. Also while mulling over Cassandra Cain's first time in swim wear I don't think Laura's ever worn anything like that before. I know Julian will be awestruck from seeing her in swimwear.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-24-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    My first post here.

We all know that X-23/Laura is going to be hitting the big screen within the next 3 yrs. We haven't talked potential actress to honor this character.

I feel like as if X-23/Laura will out-perform both X-men franchiese and Deadpool. She has a rich story-line and very interesting background and personality things that make for great entertainment. Plus she is wild which is alot of interesting for action packed franchiese. I forsee X-23/Laura being the leading figure for 2020-2030 marvel movies.

She has the X-factor and I would perhaps say the best interesting female centric character hero. One of the reasons why I say this is that she would be able to transition into the screen much better then previously thought. She can be wildish, she is moody, pissed off most of the time, and ready to roll all time she just needs little push and she is ready to go.

I have some couple of actresses in my mind but folks lets keep it real and discuss which actresses can handle this character and remember lets go for a solid and well known actress that can pull this off.

Laura already has an actress that did a good job being her Dafne Keen actually and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    My first post here.

She has the X-factor and I would perhaps say the best interesting female centric character hero. One of the reasons why I say this is that she would be able to transition into the screen much better then previously thought. She can be wildish, she is moody, pissed off most of the time, and ready to roll all time she just needs little push and she is ready to go.

Yeah, as I understand it, the intent with the movie was that it would be a Logan spinoff and that Dafne Keen would reprise the role. Frankly, I think that's the best option. Keen's already proved herself and is kinda the selling point of the movie in the first place.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Laura already has an actress that did a good job being her Dafne Keen actually and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, as I understand it, the intent with the movie was that it would be a Logan spinoff and that Dafne Keen would reprise the role. Frankly, I think that's the best option. Keen's already proved herself and is kinda the selling point of the movie in the first place.

I love Dafne Keen as Laura but if we are going to make a box office movie then the character has to be around 18-20 years old atleast and Dafne keen will not be that old within the next 3 years.

A grown up X-23/Laura is basically needed and here is where it gets interesting actully finding the right match for this character. I have personally looked at several actresses who could potentially honor this character for the next decade or so. I assume there will be atleast a trilogy plus some other movies so in totally we could be looking at 7-8 movies.

Hugh Jackmann was a solid cast for Logan and he had an incredible run, so was the younger X-23 as Dafne keen but right now we need to bring an actress that has strong screen presence to take on Adult/teenager Laura Kinney. Waiting out for Dafne could be a long wait until she hits 18-19.

Here are some of my suggestions:

I will just first name them and not in order just random then I will fix them in order. Kaya Scodelario and Bella Thorne are the two first actresses I think may fit the bill and If you want order then I would say Bella Thorne. She is naturally ginger but she has an amazing facial expression. She is normally a person who has a strong facial expressions which is quite good. She normally changes her hair colour and I have seen her with all Black hair and she cares it like natural.

She also seems to be quite famous nowadays but she can definitely act and has that boyish side to herself. Kaya Scodelario is another actress I find fit the role due to her height and build and the same goes to Bella Thorne who is also tall and build for this character.

I would perfer Bella thorne just due to her craziness will match X-23 and I think she can make this character lively. The Movie will probably pick up things 7-8 years after Logan in the X-men universe timeline. Which means around the year 2037.

I find them both to be charismatic to give this character exactly what it needs.

Kaya Scodelario seems to have the eyes meaning she has strong reaction around her eyes.

I think as an actress Kaya Scodelario but I love the fact that Bella Thorne is more expressive but then again Scodelario is better actress so I don't know who to chose between them to be honest.

I also find it funny that Bella Thorne looks like the character just with different hair colour due to her lips being little bit buff. The character will be moody most of the time so I guess Bella thorne could also pull it off but I'm undecided on who of the two can handle it better.
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 03-24-2018 at 12:13 PM.

BANNED

X-23 was 16 when she joined X-Force.

Dafne Keen is 13 now, and will probably be 15 by the time an X-23 movie actually enters production (keep in mind that so far it is NOT a done deal. Kyle and Mangold are working on a script, but Fox has not greenlit a film for production).

Keen's age is perfectly fine.

Ultimate Member

As for actresses you'd have to find ones that could do both the acting side and the physical side of things, and then given how the movie would handle her...colorful...history...

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Marie Avgeropoulos would make a great Laura.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    X-23 was 16 when she joined X-Force.

Dafne Keen is 13 now, and will probably be 15 by the time an X-23 movie actually enters production (keep in mind that so far it is NOT a done deal. Kyle and Mangold are working on a script, but Fox has not greenlit a film for production).

Keen's age is perfectly fine.
    I agree completely, she is in the perfect age for that

I don’t think X-23 needs to be recast. Keen was fantastic, and a X-23 solo film is likely to not take place that long after the events of Logan. A 14-16 year old Laura would be fine. I don’t see why an adult Laura would be “needed”. It’s skipping too far ahead and tossing out a lot of potential story.

Ultimate Member

If they cast a grown up actress they'd probably do it because of the storyline involved and might think that Keen could be to young for certain aspects of it, especially depending on how much/little they planned to play up Laura's sex appeal...