Page 10 of 808 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Interesting piece, there.

Seeing her in that dress, I always thought it would be funny to see a situation where Laura has to get dressed up all fancy and stuff, like for a formal dance or something. Put her completely out of her usual element in some kind of high-brow social function and watch the hilarity ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Interesting piece, there.

Seeing her in that dress, I always thought it would be funny to see a situation where Laura has to get dressed up all fancy and stuff, like for a formal dance or something. Put her completely out of her usual element in some kind of high-brow social function and watch the hilarity ensue.
    I don't think that type of situation would escalate into a festival of splastick (I leave that for when the new Ms.Marvel gets stuck at a high brow party), in Laura's case I think she would feel like such an outsider than she would simply try to get unnoticed by just retreating into a corner.....which in turn would make her stand out EVEN MORE among the rest of the people socializing
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by javi150190 View Post
    I don't think that type of situation would escalate into a festival of splastick (I leave that for when the new Ms.Marvel gets stuck at a high brow party), in Laura's case I think she would feel like such an outsider than she would simply try to get unnoticed by just retreating into a corner.....which in turn would make her stand out EVEN MORE among the rest of the people socializing
    Oh, I'm not saying there would be any slapstick involved, but the series of faux pas(es?) Laura would inevitably make over the course of the evening would be highly amusing. That, and it would just be funny seeing her have to get dressed up all fancy when her usual style is so...informal, to say the least.

Attachment 837

Makes no sense (Unless Jubes decided to don a cat costume for some reason), but still funny
    That is actually from the video game series Blazblue. There are several joke endings throughout the series were the character Litchi (woman in red) makes a female cast member dress up in other characters clothes. She is usually drunk when she does this. The character you think is Jubilee is actually the character Taokaka. She is half human, half cat. Litchi is making X-23 dress up as Taokaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    That is actually from the video game series Blazblue. There are several joke endings throughout the series were the character Litchi (woman in red) makes a female cast member dress up in other characters clothes. She is usually drunk when she does this. The character you think is Jubilee is actually the character Taokaka. She is half human, half cat. Litchi is making X-23 dress up as Taokaka.
    I know who the cat lady is, I just don't get where the blazblue crossover came from

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

I know who the cat lady is, I just don't get where the blazblue crossover came from
    Maybe someone hoping for a X-Men vs. Blazblue game?

What issue is this from?
    Last edited by loudlysilent; 05-06-2014 at 11:49 AM.

tumblr_n561ogpYe21r6h499o1_500.jpg

You know, this reminds me of the Sayaka arc from Madoka Magica, and to be honest that character arc wouldn't look out of place on Laura, since that plotline deals with someone falling into despair by having every reason to fight for destroyed before her eyes

— Gail Simone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loudlysilent View Post
    What issue is this from?
    NXM #21, I think.

Okay, I think I found the weirdest one
    tumblr_mzmewmU9Yz1qk1lf7o1_500.jpg
    Last edited by javi150190; 05-06-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: wrong image

— Gail Simone

Here's a fun bit of smart writting from the Liu series. Laura IS a sensitive person ans she IS emotionally driven (to the point she can blindly charge into conclusions or confrontations such as the episode with Apex), just not the berseker.
    21.jpg

— Gail Simone

BANNED

Here's a fun bit of smart writting from the Liu series. Laura IS a sensitive person ans she IS emotionally driven (to the point she can blindly charge into conclusions or confrontations such as the episode with Apex), just not the berseker.
    21.jpg
    Yeah, I always got the sense that deep down, Laura actually feels VERY strongly, she just buries her emotions beneath the cold demeanor (kind of like a Vulcan, when Star Trek's writers ACTUALLY remember the cold and logical facade is supposed to be just that: a facade) due to confusion over what it is she feels, and how to cope with and control them because of the trauma she's suffered complicating her stunted upbringing. And when her feelings DO leak out, much like Logan it's usually as rage because someone's done something to really, REALLY piss her off.

I kind of imagine that even as Laura heals she would never (usually) be one for big and overt displays of emotion, with even the smallest of smiles telling volumes about what she feels (one of the few things I liked about the final issue of her solo was that very small smile she gave to the ghost wolf as she looks back while departing the encounter). It's something that makes for a very powerful visual storytelling technique for her, and is why I think the Tyke hugs WERE very well-done (if you ignore the horrible dialogue). Just knowing that Laura isn't comfortable with such displays (reiterated by the first hug) makes it even more effective when she's actually seeking that sort of comfort, or offering it in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, I always got the sense that deep down, Laura actually feels VERY strongly, she just buries her emotions beneath the cold demeanor (kind of like a Vulcan, when Star Trek's writers ACTUALLY remember the cold and logical facade is supposed to be just that: a facade) due to confusion over what it is she feels, and how to cope with and control them because of the trauma she's suffered complicating her stunted upbringing. And when her feelings DO leak out, much like Logan it's usually as rage because someone's done something to really, REALLY piss her off.

I kind of imagine that even as Laura heals she would never (usually) be one for big and overt displays of emotion, with even the smallest of smiles telling volumes about what she feels (one of the few things I liked about the final issue of her solo was that very small smile she gave to the ghost wolf as she looks back while departing the encounter). It's something that makes for a very powerful visual storytelling technique for her, and is why I think the Tyke hugs WERE very well-done (if you ignore the horrible dialogue). Just knowing that Laura isn't comfortable with such displays (reiterated by the first hug) makes it even more effective when she's actually seeking that sort of comfort, or offering it in return.
    Agreed. I think it's why despite its flaws I really loved her in NYX. She didn't speak very much, but her facial expressions and body language in that were so spot on. They really managed to show that she does have emotions, just is very traumatised. I think she's one of the best and most believable representations of trauma in comics.

tumblr_n59k0ebSLV1se0z7oo1_500.jpg

Hey! Don't talk so low of that issue, it was AWESOME!

tumblr_n54wcpGKF61sp496ao1_500.jpg

— Gail Simone

BANNED

Hey! Don't talk so low of that issue, it was AWESOME!

tumblr_n54wcpGKF61sp496ao1_500.jpg
    NYX really is very underrated. It may not have been great, but was still very solid.