Page 11 of 808 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

X-POSITION: Marts Madness Redux! - Marvel eXecutive Editor Mike Marts joins X-Position to discuss the current state of the X-Men, possible plans for the 20th Anniversary of Generation X and more.
    Finally, the perennial question from most all of our readers concerns the characters from Chris Yost & Craig Kyle’s “New X-Men” run, with many hoping for a new series featuring the graduating class. What kind of plans can you disclose, if any, for the characters?

"We definitely think about it. There’s current plans for those characters to continue to appear in “Wolverine and the X-Men,” there’s also one or two that will appear in an upcoming arc Chris [Yost] and Craig [Kyle] are writing for “Amazing X-Men.” I think readers will be excited when they find out who’s appearing there. Also, like the Gen X idea, it’s something that we talk about a lot over here."

Um...we know already
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by javi150190 View Post
    X-POSITION: Marts Madness Redux! - Marvel eXecutive Editor Mike Marts joins X-Position to discuss the current state of the X-Men, possible plans for the 20th Anniversary of Generation X and more.
    Finally, the perennial question from most all of our readers concerns the characters from Chris Yost & Craig Kyle’s “New X-Men” run, with many hoping for a new series featuring the graduating class. What kind of plans can you disclose, if any, for the characters?

"We definitely think about it. There’s current plans for those characters to continue to appear in “Wolverine and the X-Men,” there’s also one or two that will appear in an upcoming arc Chris [Yost] and Craig [Kyle] are writing for “Amazing X-Men.” I think readers will be excited when they find out who’s appearing there. Also, like the Gen X idea, it’s something that we talk about a lot over here."

Um...we know already
    Yeah. The REAL news would be that Yost and Kyle will be saving Laura from Bendis altogether and making her a permanent fixture.

As it stands now, that arc is an incredibly cruel joke on her fans, getting to see her written properly for the first time since her solo, only to be forced to watch her turned back over for more butchery and Bendispeak when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    NYX really is very underrated. It may not have been great, but was still very solid.
    Yeah, I really miss the characters from it too, like Kiden and Bobby Soul. I wish we'd got to see Laura visit them more, like an issue in her solo series or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah. The REAL news would be that Yost and Kyle will be saving Laura from Bendis altogether and making her a permanent fixture.

As it stands now, that arc is an incredibly cruel joke on her fans, getting to see her written properly for the first time since her solo, only to be forced to watch her turned back over for more butchery and Bendispeak when it's done.
    Okay I didn't have any problem with Gage in Avengers Academy, in fact there were some parts that I really liked. Like Laura FINALLY geting fed up with Emma Frost, and calling Wolverine off on bringing the AvX conflict into the academy, a conflict that could have ended in a MESS if not for Laura's intervention.

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

Quote Originally Posted by Daken View Post
    Yeah, I really miss the characters from it too, like Kiden and Bobby Soul. I wish we'd got to see Laura visit them more, like an issue in her solo series or something.
    Liu wanted to bring them back in the solo, in fact she set that up in the chaos theory arc.

— Gail Simone

BANNED

Liu wanted to bring them back in the solo, in fact she set that up in the chaos theory arc.
    Yeah, she and Gambit ended up missing Kiden's group by about a day or two at Cecilia Reyes's apartment, which would have made for crossover with NYX: No Way Home.

This makes me dread of what would happen if Gen Urobuchi (AKA the UROBUTCHER) ever gets into writting comics. He has worked in visual novels, light novels, Tv and movies, sooooooooo.

The story quality would be great, but I don't think that any of our hearts could handle it (Hello "Fate Zero" and "Madoka Magica")

tumblr_n5c841Ljhj1trcznbo1_500.jpg
    Last edited by javi150190; 05-10-2014 at 02:33 PM.

— Gail Simone

BANNED

This makes me dread of what would happen if Gen Urobuchi (AKA the UROBUTCHER) ever gets into writting comics. He has worked in visual novels, light novels, Tv and movies, sooooooooo.

The story quality would be great, but I don't think that any of our hearts could handle it (Hello "Fate Zero" and "Madoka Magica")

tumblr_n5c841Ljhj1trcznbo1_500.jpg
    That's....actually an improvement on the ANXM costume.

Astonishing Member

Remember Marvel swimsuit, you think Marvel should do swimsuit variants like Aspen and Wildstorm, Topcow did. especially with the artists they have now. I would love to see Laura get a cover like that.

We need a reunion between these two
    tumblr_n5g438wL3c1sdgxoho1_500.jpg
    Last edited by javi150190; 05-12-2014 at 02:22 PM.

— Gail Simone

BANNED

We need a reunion between these two
    tumblr_n5g438wL3c1sdgxoho1_500.jpg
    Agreed. And reunions with Megan and Debbie, and her NXM friends.

Fantastic Member

And Dust, Mercury, Agent Morales (I still refuse to forget her ) and last, but not least Finesse. (If Finesse doesn't beg Laura crying and on her knees for forgiveness the next time they speak, I will be very disappointed)

Laura has a LOT of friends

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    And Dust, Mercury..
    I think they're included under "her NXM friends." ;-)

Laura has a LOT of friends
    You know, you're right. She's doing REALLY well for herself considering she's an introverted and antisocial outcast.

Fantastic Member

She is not antisocial, merely inexperienced, she cares about the people around her which is pretty much exactly the contrary of asocial behaviour

(hmm, do I have to put a comma before "which"? I am not certain)

Edit: Well, she IS a likable person, out- and in-universe
    Last edited by Platinius; 05-16-2014 at 02:07 AM.

BANNED

I think the better term I should have used was asocial.