Page 15 of 808 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Jason Latour is actually developing Hellion a bit over in WATXM 2.o

But Kyost is back and they're going to write Laura again!
    Apparently only for the one arc, though, and then she's going back to Bendis. Amazing or even Adjectiveless would be MUCH better places for her than ANXM. 1) AMX would have her written by people who actually know how to use her and get her voice, and 2) both would bring her back into contact with her NXM friends again.

The funny thing about the thing with Jubilee is that she was written as having a thing for Wolverine when she first showed up. Got dropped without Claremont though.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Jason Latour is actually developing Hellion a bit over in WATXM 2.o

But Kyost is back and they're going to write Laura again!
    About time. Glad Hellion is getting love.

Astonishing Member

you think when wolverine dies and marvel is doing the whole world without wolverine. They might continue the wolverine title or relaunched it with laura as the main character honoring her adopted father? that would be awesome.

maybe do a battle of the cowl like DC did with Daken, Raze, Jubilee, Laura and other wolverine types.

check out this artwork Laura and Jubilee in swimwear along with Rogue.

http://rzerox21xx.deviantart.com/art...ness-457115115
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-29-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    you think when wolverine dies and marvel is doing the whole world without wolverine. They might continue the wolverine title or relaunched it with laura as the main character honoring her adopted father? that would be awesome.

maybe do a battle of the cowl like DC did with Daken, Raze, Jubilee, Laura and other wolverine types.

check out this artwork Laura and Jubilee in swimwear along with Rogue.

http://rzerox21xx.deviantart.com/art...ness-457115115
    depends on how long he stays dead. I'd wager he'll be back in time for the next Wolverine movie and while I would love it if Laura picked up the reigns while daddy's busy being dead, I highly doubt Marvel is that smart. Chances are Daken will take Logan's place

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    depends on how long he stays dead. I'd wager he'll be back in time for the next Wolverine movie and while I would love it if Laura picked up the reigns while daddy's busy being dead, I highly doubt Marvel is that smart. Chances are Daken will take Logan's place
    What exactly is 'Daddy's Business' though? X-23 and Wolverine are two completely different characters. I never got what Wolverine's purpose or occupation was besides soldier/mercenary/thug for hire. Even if that is primarily what Logan has been throughout his life. Laura's life experience is far different. To me X-23 is a scalpel, whereas Wolverine is a sledgehammer.

One of the great things that I love Kyle/Yost did with her, Was that when she was with the facility and sent on missions, she was just did as she was assigned to do (ie. killing) she wasn't responsible for the planning and execution. She always seemed to be under someone's direct orders. Yes she is far more mature than your average teenage girl, but still she has room to grow and to mature. In that way she wasn't turned into some unbelievable 'supergirl' or mary-sue.

BANNED

True, she's not a leader, but I'm sure she had some leeway on the execution of her missions for the Facility once in the field. All we're ever shown of Laura's "briefings" is her being given a folder containing her target's identity. It seemed the planning and execution was left to her discretion, and she's been shown to be a good strategist.

Her training in tactics and fighting techniques has served her well. I think she is capable of leading she certainly was relied on a lot by the X Kids when they did things to plan their attack even though she was not the leader she was the most experienced. I'd quite like to see her in a role where she has to take charge even if her preference seems to be being told what to do. She will still often make suggestions and even question leadership. One that comes to mind is an amusing scene where she questions Wolverine's logic in bringing a dangerous Archangel to a mission that requires a subtle approach and when she is proven right Wolverine just responds with "Not a damn word Laura!" since she had been nagging him about exactly what went wrong beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Her training in tactics and fighting techniques has served her well. I think she is capable of leading she certainly was relied on a lot by the X Kids when they did things to plan their attack even though she was not the leader she was the most experienced. I'd quite like to see her in a role where she has to take charge even if her preference seems to be being told what to do.
    In quest for Magik Laura really took charge in the fight against Belasco.

BANNED

I had this thought on the X-Force thread:

While I wouldn't want her as part of the team, I had the idea that the X-Force film may still be a means by which Laura can be introduced to the film franchise:

After a presidential candidate is assassinated, it's determined that a mutant was the culprit, and Wolverine helps assemble a team alongside Cable to investigate, and deal with the threats the regular X-Men can't handle. They discover that the assassination was only part of some sort of larger conspiracy (the idea being that the killing served two purposes: Allowed the Facility to demonstrate Laura for potential clients, but the mission was financed by the conspirators). The team momentarily catches up with the assassin and is stunned to learn she is only a nine year-old girl, but she once again eludes capture. Logan recognizes her scent, and butts heads with Cable, suddenly feeling there's something not right about the situation, while Cable is gung-ho about capturing her (essentially, give Cable and Logan the Captain America and Daredevil roles of Target: X, respectively). The team digs deeper into the cause of the candidate's murder, eventually leading them to a confrontation with the big bad.

Afterwards, Logan angrily quits the team over his disagreement with Cable, deciding to go after the girl and hopefully find her (opening the door for a spinoff). Meanwhile Cable decides to continue the team on his own, officially forming X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I had this thought on the X-Force thread:

While I wouldn't want her as part of the team, I had the idea that the X-Force film may still be a means by which Laura can be introduced to the film franchise:

After a presidential candidate is assassinated, it's determined that a mutant was the culprit, and Wolverine helps assemble a team alongside Cable to investigate, and deal with the threats the regular X-Men can't handle. They discover that the assassination was only part of some sort of larger conspiracy (the idea being that the killing served two purposes: Allowed the Facility to demonstrate Laura for potential clients, but the mission was financed by the conspirators). The team momentarily catches up with the assassin and is stunned to learn she is only a nine year-old girl, but she once again eludes capture. Logan recognizes her scent, and butts heads with Cable, suddenly feeling there's something not right about the situation, while Cable is gung-ho about capturing her (essentially, give Cable and Logan the Captain America and Daredevil roles of Target: X, respectively). The team digs deeper into the cause of the candidate's murder, eventually leading them to a confrontation with the big bad.

Afterwards, Logan angrily quits the team over his disagreement with Cable, deciding to go after the girl and hopefully find her (opening the door for a spinoff). Meanwhile Cable decides to continue the team on his own, officially forming X-Force.
    while I do agree that X-Force is a good opportunity to introduce X-23 I don't think Wolverine should form part of the team just yet. If the movie centers around Cable then it should also include Deadpool. As the team is forming they recruit Domino, Deadpool make a quip remark to her about how some people he used to work with have this little girl assassin with claws and everything, Domino simply remarks "your point?" and he replies with a joke about how in some way this means they should be together. Domino ignores him while Cable reminds him that the little girl they're looking for is the Hope to save the future not an assassin. AND end scene.

X-23 has been mentioned meaning she exists, so the after credits scene is set some years in the future and we get this electric flash going from a coffee shop to Xavier Institute as it reaches the schools it bumps into a teenager with black hair. The blue electric flash is revealed to be a Japanese teenager that tells her "watch were you're going" and the black hair girls responds by growling and taking out 2 claws from her hands. At this point Kitty and Rogue stand in front of them Kitty says "girls, welcome to the Xavier Institute" and Rogue closes the scene with "please refrain from using powers you don't fully understand yet"

that's it movie's over and not only has X-23 been introduced to the cinematic universe but the possibility of a New X-Men movie is now also presented
    Last edited by ceroxide; 05-30-2014 at 03:51 AM.

BANNED

while I do agree that X-Force is a good opportunity to introduce X-23 I don't think Wolverine should form part of the team just yet. If the movie centers around Cable then it should also include Deadpool. As the team is forming they recruit Domino, Deadpool make a quip remark to her about how some people he used to work with have this little girl assassin with claws and everything, Domino simply remarks "your point?" and he replies with a joke about how in some way this means they should be together. Domino ignores him while Cable reminds him that the little girl they're looking for is the Hope to save the future not an assassin. AND end scene.

X-23 has been mentioned meaning she exists, so the after credits scene is set some years in the future and we get this electric flash going from a coffee shop to Xavier Institute as it reaches the schools it bumps into a teenager with black hair. The blue electric flash is revealed to be a Japanese teenager that tells her "watch were you're going" and the black hair girls responds by growling and taking out 2 claws from her hands. At this point Kitty and Rogue stand in front of them Kitty says "girls, welcome to the Xavier Institute" and Rogue closes the scene with "please refrain from using powers you don't fully understand yet"

that's it movie's over and not only has X-23 been introduced to the cinematic universe but the possibility of a New X-Men movie is now also presented
    I would include Wolverine in the X-Force movie mainly to provide a ringer with which to launch the less-familiar franchise (but I don't think he should STAY part of X-Force). I also think the relationship between he and Laura is too important to not have him be the one going out to find her and bring her to the school. The way I envision it is using their confrontation from Target: X where he talks her down from murder-suicide as the basis, only WITHOUT Cap being a buzz-kill and dragging her off to SHIELD.

And personally, I think the NXM would work better as a TV series than a standalone film. The kids won't have enough drawing power outside the fanbase to support a film on their own right off the bat, and it would be much easier to build an audience for them via television, and THEN introducing them to the films (this is the concept behind my fic, New Class).

I would include Wolverine in the X-Force movie mainly to provide a ringer with which to launch the less-familiar franchise (but I don't think he should STAY part of X-Force). I also think the relationship between he and Laura is too important to not have him be the one going out to find her and bring her to the school. The way I envision it is using their confrontation from Target: X where he talks her down from murder-suicide as the basis, only WITHOUT Cap being a buzz-kill and dragging her off to SHIELD.

And personally, I think the NXM would work better as a TV series than a standalone film. The kids won't have enough drawing power outside the fanbase to support a film on their own right off the bat, and it would be much easier to build an audience for them via television, and THEN introducing them to the films (this is the concept behind my fic, New Class).
    now all I want is a New X-Men Netflix exclusive series

I just don't think Wolverine should form part of the X-Force movie. First Class did amazingly well without him and while Jackman is an amazing actor I don't think he needs to be in every X movie. I think X-23's story could be handled better as a side plot. Maybe on the next Wolverine solo movie?

BANNED

now all I want is a New X-Men Netflix exclusive series
    Why bother with Netflix? They could release it on FX if it wasn't a fit for their broadcast station.

Why bother with Netflix? They could release it on FX if it wasn't a fit for their broadcast station.
    because they're the ones doing Dare Devil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Ironfist series. Not to mention that most if not all Netflix exclusives series have so far been nothing short of great

now back onto X-23 discussion shall we