Page 252 of 808 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 12112
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The joke was Laura could ask Betsy the best way to kill him. :-P
    Lol, my bad. I was in serious dramatic mode >__<.

Also, I wanted to ask, how progress on 2X08 of New Class?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Lol, my bad. I was in serious dramatic mode >__<.

Also, I wanted to ask, how progress on 2X08 of New Class?
    Geeze, I feel like I just gave you guys 2x07. ;-P

It's coming, no guarantees it will be ready for the 1st, because I only have so many hours a day available for writing and a LOT of projects to divide it between.

Geeze, I feel like I just gave you guys 2x07. ;-P

It's coming, no guarantees it will be ready for the 1st, because I only have so many hours a day available for writing and a LOT of projects to divide it between.
    Take you're time, yo. Lol. It's just that the lastest ANXM issue had being like "Man, Amb's NXM fanfic is lightyears better; even when the characters are just chillin' during downtime."

That, and Hellion's recent appearance has got me antsy for my (and apparently the X-Book forum's) favorite NXM.

OK guys, hit me with some recommendations.

I have read the entire run of ANXM previous and up to the current issue, All-New Wolverine and own the X-23/Daken Collision book.

Is there anything you think that I absolutely have to read of X-23?
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post

I have read the entire run of ANXM previous and up to the current issue, All-New Wolverine and own the X-23/Daken Collision book.

Mandatory:

NYX
    X-23: Innocence Lost
    X-23: Target X
    Kyle and Yost's New X-Men
    Kyle and Yost's X-Force (note the KYost series include the crossovers: Messiah Complex, Messiah War, Necrosha, and Second Coming).
    The rest of the Liu X-23 ongoing and one-shot

Helpful for her current status:

Avengers Academy (starting around issue 18, I think)
    Avengers Arena
    The Logan Legacy
    Wolverines

Completionists can throw in stuff like her early Uncanny appearances, and her Captain Universe one-shot (helpful backstory for Chaos Theory arc from the Liu series). She had an interesting teamup with Ghostrider in X-Men: Serve And Protect, and she kicked Amadeus Cho in the balls once during Fear Itself: Homefront, which is worth reading just for that.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 03-18-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Uh hell yeah. You are missing the big three as I call them.

X-Force by Kyle/Yost

These three books contain pure Laura awesomeness. Then there is also New X-Men starting with issue 20. It's teen book like ANXM so you can expect some teen drama in it which you won't find in the other books I mentioned. It's set between Target X and X-Force.
    Also do you have only the X-23/Daken stuff? Because Liu had a 21-issue run which Collision was part of.
    There are even more but I would say these are the biggest and most important ones.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Innocence Lost and Target X if you haven't already. I go back and read those once every year. Her stint in New X-Men and Kyle/Yost X-Force are great. There's this moment in X-Force where she recreates a scene in her head based off of her senses. It's a really cool Laura CSI thing that shows off her training and how her my works.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Mandatory:

NYX
    Kyle and Yost's X-Force (note the KYost series include the crossovers: Messiah Complex, Messiah War, Necrosha, and Second Coming).

Avengers Arena
    The Logan Legacy
    Wolverines

Completionists can throw in stuff like her early Uncanny appearances, and her Captain Universe one-shot (helpful backstory for Chaos Theory arc from the Liu series). She had an interesting teamup with Ghostrider in X-Men: Serve And Protect, and she kicked Amadeus Cho in the balls once during Fear Itself: Homefront, which is worth reading just for that.
    Target X also introduces Kimura, the villain that shows up at the end of All-New Wolverine 6, and also shows why she's such a threat to Laura. Kimura also shows up in K&Y's New X-Men and X-Force, but hasn't shown up anywhere since.

Mandatory:

NYX

Avengers Arena
    The Logan Legacy
    Wolverines

Wolverines was actually one that I'm considering getting sooner rather than later because Soule being the writer on it (I believe, too lazy to check). But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Uh hell yeah. You are missing the big three as I call them.

X-Force by Kyle/Yost

These three books contain pure Laura awesomeness. Then there is also New X-Men starting with issue 20. It's teen book like ANXM so you can expect some teen drama in it which you won't find in the other books I mentioned. It's set between Target X and X-Force.
    Also do you have only the X-23/Daken stuff? Because Liu had a 21-issue run which Collision was part of.

There are even more but I would say these are the biggest and most important ones.
    I have Collision mostly because of the Daken run before and after it, which after a couple of years sitting on my shelf really needs to be read haha! Collision is also the book I need to finish both runs too, being the completionist that I am

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Innocence Lost and Target X if you haven't already. I go back and read those once every year. Her stint in New X-Men and Kyle/Yost X-Force are great. There's this moment in X-Force where she recreates a scene in her head based off of her senses. It's a really cool Laura CSI thing that shows off her training and how her my works.
    I can see Innocence Lost is definitely a firm favourite then
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Mandatory:

NYX

Avengers Arena
    The Logan Legacy
    Wolverines

Oh wow. Didn't even see you ninja'd me. You sneaky little fella.
    At least I can mention something to forgot to. There was also Venom: Circle of Four where she had to team up with Ghost Rider, Red Hulk and Agent Venom to stop the world being dragged into hell.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Soule wrote a very good X-23. There were a couple off moments in the dialogue, but on the whole his portrayal was very solid. Except for the last issue, but then again EVERYONE had a massive dose of PIS to make it work. And yeah, Innocence Lost is not only probably THE best X-23 story, but I'd say it compares to a lot of the better solo limited series in the X-books.

Yeah, Circle of Four was fun, but I wouldn't consider it "required reading" material since it's a pretty isolated story. Then again, with Taylor being one of the few writers at Marvel who actually seems to care about continuity, if his run lasts long enough maybe we'll see it revisited some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Oh wow. Didn't even see you ninja'd me. You sneaky little fella.
    At least I can mention something to forgot to. There was also Venom: Circle of Four where she had to team up with Ghost Rider, Red Hulk and Agent Venom to stop the world being dragged into hell.
    Is that the one with the evil cheerleader? Because there's something awesome about Laura having an evil nemesis like that which puts a smile on my face.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Soule wrote a very good X-23. There were a couple off moments in the dialogue, but on the whole his portrayal was very solid. Except for the last issue, but then again EVERYONE had a massive dose of PIS to make it work. And yeah, Innocence Lost is not only probably THE best X-23 story, but I'd say it compares to a lot of the better solo limited series in the X-books.

Yeah, Circle of Four was fun, but I wouldn't consider it "required reading" material since it's a pretty isolated story. Then again, with Taylor being one of the few writers at Marvel who actually seems to care about continuity, if his run lasts long enough maybe we'll see it revisited some day.
    Not before my NXM baes come back!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Is that the one with the evil cheerleader? Because there's something awesome about Laura having an evil nemesis like that which puts a smile on my face.
    Yeah, X-666, lol.

That series was...interesting, to say the least.

Tom Taylor interview on issue 9, old man logan and road to civil war at Comicvine.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...-/1100-155156/