Page 3 of 808 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

I'm really not sure reading it again i interpret it as this inner demon thing messing with her mind. "The Killing Dream" spent a lot of time in Laura's head i just saw it as something she desired over something that actually happened. Gambit and Wolverine have a conversation in Paris about how he treats Laura which seems to say that he still isn't being the Father figure she wants him to be. It's never been mentioned again as far as i know too so it's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    While I still think that Laura is better off without Julian, I will now admit that she could have ended the relationship with more care, but then again, she is still very inexperienced when it comes to romantic relationships
    I think at the moment both Julian and Laura need sometime to grow and mature as people, especially Julian, but I would like to see them try again some time down the line. You always remember your first crush.

And I think that's what pissed people off the most, is that she could tell Gambit that while she did care for Julian but things had changed, and yet she couldn't tell Julian that herself. And then the way Liu treated him in issue #20 was literally throwing the character under the bus.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    ANYWHO I for one am excited to see KYOST writing Laura again, even if its for one arc, in Amazing.
    Same! Her writing in ANXM feels really out of character to me... which is a shame because I'm enjoying it and I like the art style, but it just kinda stops my suspension of disbelief when Laura actually talks.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I just don't get why she wont even visit Logan or mention him. Plus hanging around because of Teen Scott is weird. Im hoping theres a good scene in Amazing X-Men Between Logan and X23 since im sure that arc takes place before Wolverine dies
    X-Men Forever

to be completely honest, I belive that the best anime style for Laura would be Madoka, but this is still fun

18096042_m.jpg
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

BANNED

Another one I like from deviantART, mainly because it's not exactly the sort of thing you'd expect to see her wearing, but it somehow still works for her.

tumblr_mybhv26x0o1sv1q4io2_500.jpg
    I like phil noto's clothing choices for Laura

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daken View Post
    tumblr_mybhv26x0o1sv1q4io2_500.jpg
    I like phil noto's clothing choices for Laura
    TBH, I didn't care much for Noto's artwork in Laura's solo.

Ultimate Member

I can buy her change of attitude in ANXM. She went through horrible things in Avenger Arena, seeing people who she'd come to see as friends suffer and die around her. The she learns that Wolverine didn't bother to try and look for her once she dropped off the face of the Earth. That kind of trauma effects people. Teen Scott has also seen what happens to him in the future, which gives him a certain sympathy/understanding for what Laura is going through. It's believable to me. I don't want characters to be static. I want them to grow, change, and evolve.

Young Bobby on X-23:

from All-New X-Men #26

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I can buy her change of attitude in ANXM. She went through horrible things in Avenger Arena, seeing people who she'd come to see as friends suffer and die around her. The she learns that Wolverine didn't bother to try and look for her once she dropped off the face of the Earth. That kind of trauma effects people. Teen Scott has also seen what happens to him in the future, which gives him a certain sympathy/understanding for what Laura is going through. It's believable to me. I don't want characters to be static. I want them to grow, change, and evolve.
    Yes, but Laura's dialogue changed from sparse and formal to slang-spouting and talkative. That's not growth and evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem with her change of attitude to me isn't that I don't think she would be affected by what happened in Avenger's Arena - I agree with you that it was horrible and she would change because of it - it's just the way Bendis writes her speech - I think Laura's always had a fairly stilted way of speaking, and she's not one to be particularly talkative or open about her emotions and I don't see how going through everything that happened in Arena would have changed that - if anything I think she'd be more likely to be less open, particularly given Finnesse's betrayal in Avenger's Academy. I did like the sympathy between young Scott and Laura and I'd really like to see more of that. I agree I want to see Laura grow, I'd just like it to feel organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yes, but Laura's dialogue changed from sparse and formal to slang-spouting and talkative. That's not growth and evolution.
    Yeah she has always had a particular way of talking due to her upbringing, being very educated and reading a lot of books. As soon as i see her say something "sucks" i cringed because it feels so random for her to say. It could be argued that after spending time around young mutants she picked up some slang but i doubt she would. You can have growth without having a character transplant. Her educated speach and straight to the point attitude is what makes her appealing if you change all that she stops being X-23.

If anything comes out of KYost writing her again i hope it's that she sounds like her old self because the back and forth handing between writers has not done her much good.

Since people are talking about X-23 artwork i was wondering what is your favorite artists for drawing Laura over the years. Which looks did you like the best.

I've just picked a few i liked i'm sure there is more if i go through everything.

David Finch - Second Coming
    Mike Choi - X Force
    Paco Medina - New X Men
    Will Conrad - X-23 solo book

If i had to pick a favorite from those maybe the Choi look gets it. I liked how she looked small but had tone to her muscle. Her outfit revealed enough of her stomach to see how fit she is without looking slutty or making her seem skinny. She just looked like she could kick your ass even without claws.

All-New Member

Choi was definitely my favorite. I also liked her run in X-Force.

And I believe he was one of the few that got her eyes right.