Page 482 of 808 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I don't think this award should be taken that seriously.

Not when Jackman and McAvoy lose an acting award, of any kind, to Emma Watson.
    Let's be honest. Beauty & the Beast and the lead were going to win the two awards it got regardless of quality simply because it was Beauty & the Beast.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Let's be honest. Beauty & the Beast and the lead were going to win the two awards it got regardless of quality simply because it was Beauty & the Beast.
    Which is why I can't take the awards show seriously at all. I mean, seriously, Moonlight gets honored for best kiss, of all things?

Nope.

Ultimate Member

I'm not really interested in that. I'd much rather they move forward, not backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm not really interested in that. I'd much rather they move forward, not backwards.
    Well you can't move forward with this actress for years to come, unless they get Cable to bring her into X-Force.

Might as well do SOMETHING with Kean, if that's not to happen, in the meantime.

BANNED

I think they should do what Chris Yost suggested, and do a prequel that shows her being taught to fight, and her as an assassin, killing targets, and their families. Her still being 12 means it can still happen, and at a low budget. It could be a small, 90min movie.
    I disagree. I think trying to squeeze out any more origin story at this point would be superfluous, as Logan told us everything about her background that we need. I think they should just continue from where Logan ended off, maybe move into a loose adaptation of Target X. And as for "can't move forward," the end of Logan sets up an ENTIRELY new direction the series could explore, IE the identity of their benefactors, who in the US military was pulling Rice's strings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I disagree. I think trying to squeeze out any more origin story at this point would be superfluous, as Logan told us everything about her background that we need. I think they should just continue from where Logan ended off, maybe move into a loose adaptation of Target X.
    Well, how do you do a loose adaptation of Target X without Logan, and Cap? The Target X story is tragic, but Logan, and Cap, put the hope back in there. I don't mind a tragic story, beginning to end, but you need some kind of aspect of hope. Maybe that can be Cable showing up at the end, to give her a purpose Zabuza-style?

Well, how do you do a loose adaptation of Target X without Logan, and Cap? The Target X story is tragic, but Logan, and Cap, put the hope back in there. I don't mind a tragic story, beginning to end, but you need some kind of aspect of hope. Maybe that can be Cable showing up at the end, to give her a purpose Zabuza-style?
    It's not like Cap, Logan, or Murdock's parts were the most important part of the story (or even THAT important at all). They aren't necessary in telling Laura's story of searching out her mother's remaining family, trying to have a normal life with them, and having that spoiled because of her past coming back to haunt her. Cable could certainly show up at the end, or perhaps she goes back to her friends and they decide to form a New X-Men team.

I agree with Ambaryerno on this. The better direction to move is forward instead of backward. We don't need to dive deeper into Laura's origin. It would just be telling us things we already know as Logan pretty much explained everything worth explaining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    It's not like Cap, Logan, or Murdock's parts were the most important part of the story (or even THAT important at all). They aren't necessary in telling Laura's story of searching out her mother's remaining family, trying to have a normal life with them, and having that spoiled because of her past coming back to haunt her. Cable could certainly show up at the end, or perhaps she goes back to her friends and they decide to form a New X-Men team.
    I'd approach it as:

To better protect the X23 kids, whoever their benefactors are decides it would be best to split them up and hide them with local families. Laura is placed with the Kinney family. They wouldn't be blood relations (since Sarah is adapted out) but Laura would develop a close friendship with their daughter, Megan (totally needs to be played by Millie Bobby Brown). Some incident occurs (perhaps Megan and Laura get jumped by thugs after getting suspended), and Laura deals with them) which tips off Rice's superiors to her whereabouts, leading to the climax of Transigen sending goons to the house, as in the original book. Laura defeats them, but has to send her new-found family into hiding to protect them, and knowing that Transigen is still on her heels, she can't meet up with any of the other X23 children, leaving her for the first time well and truly on her own.

BANNED

BTW, remember a month or so ago when I posted the NYX #3 cover poster I picked up from Craig Kyle on eBay, but that there was more coming because of some complications?

Well, it came.

It shall be an heirloom of my kingdom. All those who follow in my bloodline shall be bound to its fate.

BTW, remember a month or so ago when I posted the NYX #3 cover poster I picked up from Craig Kyle on eBay, but that there was more coming because of some complications?

Well, it came.

It shall be an heirloom of my kingdom. All those who follow in my bloodline shall be bound to its fate.
    I am jealous beyond words, but in the best possible way.

Short of having Stan Lee sneezing on it, I can't imagine any way to make this a more precious item to an X-23 fan.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fox needs to green light that X-23 solo film already. I mean come on, critically lauded, massive box office success, AND now you can say "Award Winning."
    Yes! A million grunts, a hundred bottles of whiskey, and however many "snikts!" it takes. Let's get an X-23 movie going. With 2018 already being so crowded, it feels like a movie that would work perfectly in 2019. Dafne Keen can already do that growl so well. Let's give her even more chances to show it off.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Japanese & Korean X-men fans are quick!

Astonishing Member

Now that we sadly know that Laura wont be appearing in blue and by extention be a part of the X-teams for the foreseeable future i have two question ..

First out of gold, weapon x, and astonishing witch one wpuld she have the most intresting dynamics in/be a improvement over old man logan,

Second assuming generations brings back the original Logan, do you think it will have a negative impact on her chances to become mainstream, my thought being marvel doing somthing along the lines of why use her when we have logan, we alredy see this with old man logan.

Thoughts

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Now that we sadly know that Laura wont be appearing in blue and by extention be a part of the X-teams for the foreseeable future i have two question ..

First out of gold, weapon x, and astonishing witch one wpuld she have the most intresting dynamics in/be a improvement over old man logan,

Second assuming generations brings back the original Logan, do you think it will have a negative impact on her chances to become mainstream, my thought being marvel doing somthing along the lines of why use her when we have logan, we alredy see this with old man logan.

Thoughts
    Both Gold and Gen X could potentially bring her back in contact with the New X-Men, which is always a good thing. Plus Gen X has Jubilee. I don't think Weapon X suits her at all anymore, and it's too hard to say anything about Astonishing yet, though it's always good to see her and Gambit paired up.

I'd honestly rather see her get her own team book.

I don't think 616!Logan returning is going to affect her profile much, considering the Old Man has already pretty much taken his place and largely stolen her thunder, anyway. I think a lot could depend on what Fox does. She was very well-received by audiences in Logan, so with Logan himself out of the picture in the films that could offer her an opportunity to boost her fanbase, which could translate back to the books if Fox leverages her properly.

I'd like to see Bunn on another team book (perhaps an Uncanny title) with Laura on the team. I feel like he'd do good with her. Probably better than Taylor tbh.

Out of the current team books, there's a Wolverine on all of them. Laura would feel redundant.