Page 490 of 808 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 12112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Found a nice article about her on comicsvers.

https://comicsverse.com/x-23s-story-matters-survivors/

Thoughts on it.

I find this message particularly beautiful because of how human and universal it is. We all have light inside of us. No matter what we’ve been through, that light endures. X-23 is a character who overcame impossible odds to be a good person.
    After escaping from the facility, she joined the X-Men and learned how to defend those who could not defend themselves. From then on, she has continued to be a force of good. Her journey through comics has been one of immense personal growth and maturity. Laura may have started as a weapon, but over time she blossomed into a beautiful person with a full spectrum of emotions, close relationships, and complex wants and needs.
    Despite the tragedy of her upbringing, she found something inside her that was all her own that she uses to fight back the darkness. I believe she inspires all of us to do the same. Every time she overcomes an obstacle, she reminds us that there is no limit to what you can become if you trust yourself. And no matter how dark the world around you becomes, there is light inside you that no one can snuff out.

A bit too ‘touchy feely’ for my tastes. I think that it has a little less to do with searching for light. Than it does with the fact that Laura refuses (or used to) give in to her conditioning and turn into an angry,bitter and sour person who is unable to control her impulses. Rice, her tormentor, continuously dehumanized her and referred to her as a ‘beast’ and an ‘animal’. And no she was never going to be that person. Especially after accidently killing her mother. One of the reasons I like X-23 was because she has issues and demons like many of us, but she does not succumb to them. She chooses how to behave, even if she has demons lurking in the back. Like many of the X-women, she has a victor mentality towards life, not a victim.

Towards the end of Innocence Lost, which revealed that she did not kill a child that she was instructed to kill. There are also two future stories, both written by Claremont, one featured a dream sequence where she has a family and the second one where she is seen teaching future X-Men. I always saw X as someone with a good heart, who might want to get a degree and become a teacher and or a psychologist, and she could always use her mutant powers to help others.

It would make her a more rounded character and in concert with her previous portrayals as a woman or girl who was out to forge and create her own life. To move forward and be someone new. As opposed to the jettisoning her own personality to be Wolverine/Logan in drag or a ‘Dirty Harriet’ type character. And essentially live up to the opinion that Rice had of her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    A bit too ‘touchy feely’ for my tastes. I think that it has a little less to do with searching for light. Than it does with the fact that Laura refuses (or used to) give in to her conditioning and turn into an angry,bitter and sour person who is unable to control her impulses. Rice, her tormentor, continuously dehumanized her and referred to her as a ‘beast’ and an ‘animal’. And no she was never going to be that person. Especially after accidently killing her mother. One of the reasons I like X-23 was because she has issues and demons like many of us, but she does not succumb to them. She chooses how to behave, even if she has demons lurking in the back. Like many of the X-women, she has a victor mentality towards life, not a victim.

Towards the end of Innocence Lost, which revealed that she did not kill a child that she was instructed to kill. There are also two future stories, both written by Claremont, one featured a dream sequence where she has a family and the second one where she is seen teaching future X-Men. I always saw X as someone with a good heart, who might want to get a degree and become a teacher and or a psychologist, and she could always use her mutant powers to help others.

It would make her a more rounded character and in concert with her previous portrayals as a woman or girl who was out to forge and create her own life. To move forward and be someone new. As opposed to the jettisoning her own personality to be Wolverine/Logan in drag or a ‘Dirty Harriet’ type character. And essentially live up to the opinion that Rice had of her.
    do you recall which issues feature these future events and dream sequence. i have read every issue that is mentioned on her wiki page and even then i discovered a couple weeks ago issue's that feature Laura in the issues but are not listed on youer page. i also see your point about the "light" but don't forget Laura was in a very dark place for a long time. sure she believed in life but it was everyone elses life not her own. she always believed she was less than others and it took towards the end of Liu's run for her to finally understand that others cared about her as she cared about them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    do you recall which issues feature these future events and dream sequence. i have read every issue that is mentioned on her wiki page and even then i discovered a couple weeks ago issue's that feature Laura in the issues but are not listed on youer page. i also see your point about the "light" but don't forget Laura was in a very dark place for a long time. sure she believed in life but it was everyone elses life not her own. she always believed she was less than others and it took towards the end of Liu's run for her to finally understand that others cared about her as she cared about them.
    Sure. The dream sequence where Laura has a family life with Fantomex and has a kid is found in the X-Men: The End TPB, and the chapter called Heroes and Martyrs #5.Dream.jpg

And the issues where Laura is shown as being a teacher can be found in the Genext TPB (2008)

BANNED

Sure. The dream sequence where Laura has a family life with Fantomex and has a kid is found in the X-Men: The End TPB, and the chapter called Heroes and Martyrs #5.Dream.jpg

And the issues where Laura is shown as being a teacher can be found in the Genext TPB (2008)
    Laura and Fantomex... *shudder* Thank GOD that was an alt-future dream sequence.

While there's a lot that could be done with Laura starting a family (to say nothing of the question over whether she can even HAVE children) Claremont came up with some BIZARRE stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura and Fantomex... *shudder* Thank GOD that was an alt-future dream sequence.

While there's a lot that could be done with Laura starting a family (to say nothing of the question over whether she can even HAVE children) Claremont came up with some BIZARRE stuff.
    I really don't see why she shouldnt be able to have kids. She is a perfectly health women and unless stated otherwise it safe to assume she could if she wanted. If gabbys any example of her parenting skills shes up there with cable and jubilee. The fact there her only real compition in parenting is sad. Why are so many x-men bad parent's

Also is she following psylocks love life exactly ? We alredy got Angle fantomx, and scott, are we going to see tean age cable ...
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 06-04-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Yeah Laura/Fantomex is the most bizarre ship ever basically. Never thought I would see that be a thing. Even in an AU

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I really don't see why she shouldnt be able to have kids. She is a perfectly health women and unless stated otherwise it safe to assume she could if she wanted. If gabbys any example of her parenting skills shes up there with cable and jubilee. The fact there her only real compition in parenting is sad. Why are so many x-men bad parent's

Also is she following psylocks love life exactly ? We alredy got Angle fantomx, and scott, are we going to see tean age cable ...
    It's a question of her healing factor. IIRC, a woman's immune system is actually a barrier to a pregnancy taking hold, and we know hers is turbo-charged.

Astonishing Member

It's a question of her healing factor. IIRC, a woman's immune system is actually a barrier to a pregnancy taking hold, and we know hers is turbo-charged.
    I didn't know that. But it shouldnt be a issue mystique has a healing factor was able to still shape shift to some extent when pregnant with kurt, and though slight unrelated but not without notice Daken could keep his tattoo with his healing factor because he controled his healing to avoid the tattoo, the same could go for laura controling her healing factor to allow pregnancy if she was adamant about it.

I'll never forget the time that Fantomex and Hope were going steady. And having some kind of binary-coded sex. With Cable on the other side of the room. SI Spurrier, you're an amazing writer but that was soooooo weird.

Spectacular Member

huh i have read the x-men the end story an i never noticed that before, man i miss a lot of stuff. still laura using her claws like that pure genius.

Yeah, but I doubt that'd actually get used in the comics as a reason.

The Dream Team by Rahzzah:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSpTFIBh8ym/

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    The Dream Team by Rahzzah:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSpTFIBh8ym/
    Hello Jumpyshark.

That's a nice pic. thanks for finding and posting it.

Ultimate Member

If they depict Wolverine as being capable of having children, then I kind of doubt that they'd make it so that Laura cannot. I mean her healing factor isn't all-powerful (she can apparently get drunk, as could Logan, for example).

Marc Paniccia posted a couple panels from All-New Wolverine 22 today. Long story short, Gabby meets Deadpool.

DBkrh5JWsAA9DFk.jpg